PDA

View Full Version : The bugs are on me!

Kia
02-19-2004, 09:21 PM
Did you ever find a spider or something near you/on you and then feel like they're sneaking everywhere?

The bugs are on me!!

KIA.

The Korean
02-19-2004, 09:23 PM
yes, yes, yes. and i continuously smack at my arms like every minute or so because of it.

Reyek
02-19-2004, 09:23 PM
i can stand bugs/spiders. im not scared of them. but they be some nasty things. Grr and big spider freak me out and give me shivers.

Edaarin
02-19-2004, 09:26 PM
You never know intimidation until you go to bed knowing that you're in a dark room with a mosquito flying around.

Latrinsorm
02-19-2004, 09:48 PM
I can't count the times I've heard a hornet fly around in my room and spend the next hour and a half freaking out. I'm so so so so so glad I don't take drugs.

Mint
02-19-2004, 09:50 PM
I go camping in Alaska with friends for a couple weeks every summer and those mosquitoes will carry you off while you sleep. They are huge, aggressive and leave terrible welts when they bite you.

And Latrinsorm you made my sides hurt laughing. Stop it.

Artha
02-19-2004, 09:53 PM
The only thing bug related that has freaked me out more than actually seeing a spider on me (happened once, it sucked), was seeing the brown recluse bite series (not pretty).

Sleeping on a bed with a goose down comforter on it sucked after that, ever little prick from a quill felt like a spider starting it's path up my body that would eventually lead to a horrible, festering wound somewhere unpleasant (is there a pleasant place for a horrible, festering wound?).

[Edited on 2-20-2004 by Artha]

Mint
02-19-2004, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by Artha
The only thing bug related that has freaked me out more than actually seeing a spider on me (happened once, it sucked), was seeing the brown recluse bite series (not pretty).

You know...I could have gone years, YEARS without being reminded of those damn pictures.

AnticorRifling
02-19-2004, 09:58 PM
You people crack me up.

Mint
02-19-2004, 10:00 PM
I was housesitting once and the homeowner owned a couple of little dogs I was watching for them. I got up to use the restroom in the middle of the night without turning on a light. I stepped right in what I thought was a pile of dog doo. I went hopping to the bathroom and turned on the light and it was the biggest spider I have ever seen in my life squished on my foot. I spent a while screaming that night and not much time sleeping. Don't they run in pairs?

Artha
02-19-2004, 10:01 PM
I think they run in sextuples. That means the other five are hunting you down, and hungrier than ever.

Sweet dreams!

Mint
02-19-2004, 10:02 PM
I hate you...

AnticorRifling
02-19-2004, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by Mint
I was housesitting once and the homeowner owned a couple of little dogs I was watching for them. I got up to use the restroom in the middle of the night without turning on a light. I stepped right in what I thought was a pile of dog doo. I went hopping to the bathroom and turned on the light and it was the biggest spider I have ever seen in my life squished on my foot. I spent a while screaming that night and not much time sleeping. Don't they run in pairs?

If by pairs you mean hundreds then sure they run in pairs.

If you ever get the chance to go sleep in the middle of a field somewhere in Camp Pendleton....don't. If you are scared of spiders you will probably wet yourself. There are all these holes turns out tarantula's live there. At night the ground looks to be moving, it's the spiders and guess what! You're sleeping in the middle of them, fun times for those of us that aren't scared of spiders but the other guys and gals were not happy. Good times.

Artha
02-19-2004, 10:04 PM
It's threads like this one that really, really make me want to post spider pictures.

Mint
02-19-2004, 10:05 PM
I hate you TOO. Not looking at this thread again. The end.

Kia
02-19-2004, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by Artha
It's threads like this one that really, really make me want to post spider pictures.

I'm not afraid of bugs. Its just that weird feeling you get after you find one that was on you. Then suddenly you feel like they're all on you!

KIA.

Artha
02-19-2004, 10:08 PM
http://www.reames.org/images/spider.jpg

He's saying "KIIIIIIAAAA I <3 J000000000."

[Edited on 2-20-2004 by Artha]

Latrinsorm
02-19-2004, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Kia
I'm not afraid of bugs. Yeah, I'm not afraid of (other) people being set on fire, but it's not like I want to see pictures of it (or bugs).

edit:
int Artha ()
{
Die();
return 0;
}

[Edited on 2-20-2004 by Latrinsorm]

Artha
02-19-2004, 10:16 PM
int Artha ()
{
Die();
return 0;
}

I'll see your C and raise you VB!

If fear.spider = true Then
spiderpicture.post = true
Else
End if

Snapp
02-19-2004, 10:19 PM
Those brown recluse spider pictures haunt me in my fucking sleep!!!

Artha
02-19-2004, 10:21 PM
I was about to search for a picture of one, but then I thought of those pictures and didn't.

Latrinsorm
02-19-2004, 10:23 PM
Curly braces, while harder to draw by hand, are much more elegant than that end if crap. Let me get three weeks into a VB class and I'll start throwing that on the boards too.

Artha
02-19-2004, 10:26 PM
I could Loop it if you want*

*may result in more spider pictures.

Myshel
02-19-2004, 10:27 PM
Ugh, last night I realized my little doggies had fleas, so I gave them both a bath. My skin crawled all night.

Mint
02-19-2004, 10:30 PM
I had to go and look again. I am sleeping in 5 layers of mosquito netting for the rest of my natural days. 5 layers should thwart spiders bent on revenge right?

Artha
02-19-2004, 10:30 PM
Spiders are the kings (and queens) of web. You won't get by them for long.

The Korean
02-19-2004, 10:32 PM
I had to go and look again. I am sleeping in 5 layers of mosquito netting for the rest of my natural days. 5 layers should thwart spiders bent on revenge right?

sure...whatever helps you sleep better at night....

LilHellcat
02-19-2004, 10:47 PM
Damn this thread dammit all to hell! :flamed: I HATE SPIDERS!

Now I keep feeling shit crawling on me and I want to slap at it and scream and stuff. Damn you all.

Lobster
02-19-2004, 10:52 PM
My next door neighbor from several years ago was walking out to his car one brisk Atlanta morning and right as he was ducking down to step underneath a branch to get to the door of his car he lost his mind. He whacked his head on the branch, clawed at his face and screamed like a weeeee little lass. Of course the HS kids at the bus stop were laughing and I was questioning his sanity. He snapped!

I turn out he has a severe spider phobia and when he ducked his head under the branch he ran into a web the spider built overnight. I can still hear that high pitched scream and that look of complete terror on his face. Priceless.

Miss X
02-19-2004, 11:14 PM
Artha must die. That pic made me shake.....

Mint
02-19-2004, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by Miss X
Artha must die. That pic made me shake.....

Now let's not be half baked here...ALL boys that post insect pictures must die.

Skirmisher
02-19-2004, 11:29 PM
After living in an apt cursed with what the exterminator called one of the worst cockroach infestations he had seen, most insects no longer bother me beyond the effort required to grab a shoe and smash it.

Mint
02-19-2004, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by Skirmisher
After living in an apt cursed with what the exterminator called one of the worst cockroach infestations he had seen, most insects no longer bother me beyond the effort required to grab a shoe and smash it.

Move in with me? I will spring for the plane ticket.

Skirmisher
02-19-2004, 11:33 PM
I only fly first class.

Mint
02-20-2004, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by Skirmisher
I only fly first class.

Yeah yeah, drive a hard bargain why dontcha. Fine, but you do your own laundry when you get here. Gotta draw the line somewhere.

Ooga Chaka
02-20-2004, 03:17 AM
Speaking of laundry...make someone else do it! Spiders, especially brown recluses, love to hide in piles of clothes. :) Just remember that when you're reaching for a handful to throw in the washer.

Kia
02-20-2004, 09:04 AM

Well, spiders eat mosquitos, right? So you could actually be luring them to you with your little mosquito cave. :D

KIA.

Galleazzo
02-20-2004, 10:00 AM
Aw, Mint, darlin', don't be mad at the spiders. Look at it this way. Spiders eat other bugs. This is A Good Thing.

Latrinsorm
02-20-2004, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Galleazzo
Aw, Mint, darlin', don't be mad at the spiders. Look at it this way. Spiders eat other bugs. This is A Good Thing. I can't WAIT til we move to the moon and there's no more bugs. Can't wait.

Bobmuhthol
02-20-2004, 01:16 PM
Disclaimer: Too bad, I'm posting.
http://www.creatures-kbc.com/images/spi_blackwidow.jpghttp://www.well.com/user/kaijohn/spider.gif
http://home.houston.rr.com/dtlocke/photos/stn-spider-rg100-ed1.jpg

Sweet dreams.

[Edited on 2-20-2004 by Bobmuhthol]

DianaBanana
02-20-2004, 01:18 PM
OMG OMG OMG no more spider pictures please!!! Ok I'm really not gonna read this thread anymore it's freaking me out!

Galleazzo
02-20-2004, 02:12 PM
Wow, Bob, that spider's sack must be bigger 'n yours.

Mint
02-20-2004, 02:58 PM
Does anyone else have the feeling that Bob is Satan?

HarmNone
02-20-2004, 03:02 PM
Heh. Naaah. Satan would have posted a picture of Bobmuhthol. ;)

HarmNone has left the building

Caiylania
02-20-2004, 03:17 PM
OMG was this thread cracking me up. I hate spiders, the funny thing is, I used to play with daddy long legs. I think finding out they are one of the most poisonous spiders in America gave me my hatred of all spiders. I felt betrayed.

In California a horse at the stable I boarded mine at was bitten by a recluse. I had nightmares for awhile. The leg that was bitten for months was......

::: starts twitching and walks away :::

Galleazzo
02-20-2004, 03:53 PM
Daddy longlegs are poisonous? Fuck me! Man, I been camping all my life and let them walk around and shit? I better go armed into the woods now!

(Guess I never pissed one off bad enough.)

:medieval:

Caiylania
02-20-2004, 03:54 PM
Their mouths are to small to bite through human skin. That is why most people don't even know.

Kia
02-20-2004, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Galleazzo
Daddy longlegs are poisonous? Fuck me! Man, I been camping all my life and let them walk around and shit? I better go armed into the woods now!

(Guess I never pissed one off bad enough.)

:medieval:

Well...

They -are- but their mouths are so small that they can't bite you.

So they're not dangerous to humans, I'm pretty sure.

KIA.

Caiylania
02-20-2004, 04:03 PM
I said it first!! :: grins at KIA ::

Galleazzo
02-20-2004, 04:04 PM
Whew. Thanks ladies. I don't want to get worried about camping now.

Worst that happened to me camping as far as critters go was having to face down a black bear once. It wasn't a big deal. I yelled at it and waved my arms and it figured it wasn't worth it and took off. I did toss a hot dog after it just to be friendly.

Artha
02-20-2004, 05:07 PM
Actually, they aren't. Not even a little bit. They eat mold, no need for poison.

Also:

http://home.earthlink.net/~berknercreations/uimages/us/spider.jpg

Mint
02-20-2004, 05:09 PM
I don't call names often but YOU ARE ONE SICK BASTARD ARTHA. That is just evil.