PDA

View Full Version : Headset Question

Methais
01-07-2009, 05:14 PM
Just bought me a new USB headset, but I'm having one problem....

I can't figure out how to keep the sound coming in through my normal speakers, but still being able to talk through the mic. I hate wearing headhones, I usually just wear them around my neck for when I need to talk over a mic.

On a regular headset this was easy since I could just plug the mic into the mic jack and leave my regular speakers plugged into the speaker out jack.

I couldn't find any settings to allow me to do this. It's some Logitech headset if that matters.

HALP!

AnticorRifling
01-07-2009, 05:16 PM
http://www.flippeh.de/funPics/toLazyToRename/a%20barrel%20roll.png

Parkbandit
01-07-2009, 05:38 PM
Just bought me a new USB headset, but I'm having one problem....

I can't figure out how to keep the sound coming in through my normal speakers, but still being able to talk through the mic. I hate wearing headhones, I usually just wear them around my neck for when I need to talk over a mic.

On a regular headset this was easy since I could just plug the mic into the mic jack and leave my regular speakers plugged into the speaker out jack.

I couldn't find any settings to allow me to do this. It's some Logitech headset if that matters.

HALP!

I have 2 mics.. one in my headset when I'm wearing that.. and a $10 stand alone mic that I can plug in and use the speakers.

fallenSaint
01-07-2009, 09:55 PM
If your running windows you can pop into the sound properties in control panel and designate where your sound is going, but seriously they make some nice multi directional mic's you can put on top of the display and still chat through from the confines of your couch.

Furrowfoot
01-07-2009, 11:24 PM
Depends on what you're running too - for WOW, I use the internal game sound settings to choose the sound input and output. At least, I think I do - I'll have to check when I get home.