PDA

View Full Version : Cure for the Red Rot found

Taernath
05-19-2003, 12:23 PM
People are starting to get better after drinking it. It's a 'a faintly luminescent green potion swirled with dark streaks'. Whether or not this will be made available for the masses I'm not sure (i.e. a shop you can buy it from), but maybe this is the beginning of a new Artisan Guild skill?

Makkah
05-19-2003, 11:01 PM
<<but maybe this is the beginning of a new Artisan Guild skill?>>

That'd definitly be a good start... we need alchemy and potion-making really badly. I'm hoping they'll push hard for Artisan Guild stuff after GSIV. Need instrument-making, tailoring, mining, etc.

rht

Parkbandit
05-20-2003, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by Taernath
People are starting to get better after drinking it. It's a 'a faintly luminescent green potion swirled with dark streaks'. Whether or not this will be made available for the masses I'm not sure (i.e. a shop you can buy it from), but maybe this is the beginning of a new Artisan Guild skill?

Sweet! Someone fetch me a couple doses. :)

Warriorbird
05-20-2003, 09:30 AM
I believe the recipe was posted on the official boards. Dunno how to mix it though.

Taernath
05-20-2003, 01:13 PM
There's a crucible in Zul Logoth you need to put the stuff in, apart from that I'm not too sure on the process.

Taernath
05-20-2003, 02:30 PM
Here's the loresong by the way:

-------------

Krisstal recites:

"As you plunge deeper into the memories of the luminescent potion, you find yourself overtaken by a vision -- caverns spread on for miles into the vast rock of the DragonSpine mountains. You flow through the dark tunnels, reaching a small settlement whose people are plagued by sickness and suffering."

>
Krisstal recites:

"Onward you travel, past the many buildings and into a small room that resembles a study. Hunched over a table with many herbs and other ingredients spread before him is a human man with jet black hair and crystal blue eyes, working diligently with a large iron crucible and the roaring furnace in the room. You see many attempts to create the potion you now hold in your hands, but each meets with failure..."

>
Krisstal recites:

"The vision swims out of your mind's eye and your song comes to a close."

>
Krisstal recites:

"As you sing, the memories of the luminescent potion leak out like rain washing over a roof, and you're whisked away on the current and into a vision..."

>
Krisstal recites:

"The human man again appears in your vision, working closely and his eyes focused intently on each ingredient as he drops it into the crucible."

>
Krisstal recites:

"As you watch the fire burn brightly beneath the metal container, a brilliant catalyst of colors bursts forth from it! The man steps over to it and scoops the contents of it up in a small vial, the very one you now hold. A sense of deep satisfaction comes over you, and you hear the name of the creator of the potion being whispered in your mind by their very creation..."

>
Krisstal recites:

""Varisad.""

>
Krisstal recites:

"The vision slowly comes to a close."

I believe the loresong shows whoever created the particular potion used.

Amazing work whoever did this!

Beastabana
08-28-2003, 12:04 PM
Just FYI Sheelanagig was the original creator of the red rot cure, she deserves a big pat on the back for her weeks spent mixing and testing potions on herself.

Thanks Sheela! :D