PDA

View Full Version : High end two hander

Sile
01-05-2009, 11:01 PM
Over the next month I'm looking to aquire a very nice two hander, I am willing to pay cash for it as I don't have much in game silver.

I want to leave this open to offers so far, I'm willing to pay alot for the right weapon, but I don't know what it is yet. In other words if you got something nice send me a msg with how much you want for it and I'll consider it. I wont haggle your price off you, but I may not jump at the first weapon offered to me.

Mechanically superior weapons are not the most desired but will always be considered, anything with unique/rare abilities will also be considered.

I'm a Paladin so that may help you with possible options, it will be a weapon I want to bond to.

I will also consider pole arms if something nice is out there for sale.

Feel free to send me offers through PM

TheLastShamurai
01-05-2009, 11:04 PM
http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?t=37043

Khariz
01-05-2009, 11:10 PM
He knows about my stuff. As a paladin, I really think he should consider the best Iasha weapon in the game.

a dented white ora maul with a silver-veined black iron haft
7x greater iasha maul (if you don't know what that means, look it up on krakiipedia. This is the highest enchant Iasha weapon out there)
super plasma flares
a gajillion scripts
transport to your deity's temple once daily

SHAFT
01-05-2009, 11:11 PM
How about Sorrow? Its alive

Sile
01-05-2009, 11:12 PM
Yeah Madmountan sorry I never got back to you. You have some nice gear there, I have considered buying that flamberge off you and making it a PP project, but im going to see if I can drum up any other nice offers.

Sorry about the Lack or reply when you msg'd me the other day.

Khariz
01-05-2009, 11:13 PM
No problem at all. I guess the only reason I'd like to see that Iasha in your hands is that it's the only weapon that I own that I can't even use. It doesn't flare, script, or do anything else in non-holy hands. It's dead as a nail when I hold it.

Khariz
01-05-2009, 11:15 PM
Oh, and if you drum something up that you don't want to buy, lemme know. I'm always willing to own even more of the higher end twohanders.

Drew
01-05-2009, 11:53 PM
What amount are you looking to spend? I have one in the 250-300 million range but most people aren't looking to spend that kinda coinage.

Khariz
01-05-2009, 11:55 PM
I can only thing of one weapon in existance in that range.

Sile
01-05-2009, 11:55 PM
Well to be honest I was budgeting for something up to a grand... what is it you got? more then likely too much out of range

Drew
01-05-2009, 11:58 PM
I can only thing of one weapon in existance in that range.

It's not the one you're thinking of.

Khariz
01-05-2009, 11:59 PM
It's not the one you're thinking of.

Well, don't be cryptic about it. What is it? I can't imagine something I don't know of being worth that much.

Izzy
01-06-2009, 12:05 AM
He knows about my stuff. As a paladin, I really think he should consider the best Iasha weapon in the game.

a dented white ora maul with a silver-veined black iron haft
7x greater iasha maul (if you don't know what that means, look it up on krakiipedia. This is the highest enchant Iasha weapon out there)
super plasma flares
a gajillion scripts
transport to your deity's temple once daily

This would be an awesome backup for a paladin, but not really ideal as a primary. You miss out on the double flares you get from bonding, plus there's no real reason to bond to an already sancted weapon. Still, like I said, Iashas make for an awesome backup, as well as nice RP.

Khariz
01-06-2009, 12:06 AM
This would be an awesome backup for a paladin, but not really ideal as a primary. You miss out on the double flares you get from bonding, plus there's no real reason to bond to an already sancted weapon. Still, like I said, Iashas make for an awesome backup, as well as nice RP.

The Iasha already has double plasma flares. There's no reason NOT to bond it.

Drew
01-06-2009, 12:08 AM
Well, don't be cryptic about it. What is it? I can't imagine something I don't know of being worth that much.

I have good reason for not broadcasting, I probably won't sell it anyway either so no reason to talk about it. I adopted a policy a long time ago after getting nerfed from on high to be discreet.

Khariz
01-06-2009, 12:09 AM
I have good reason for not broadcasting, I probably won't sell it anyway either so no reason to talk about it. I adopted a policy a long time ago after getting nerfed from on high to be discreet.

Can you at least state the base and enchant? If there's no use talking about it...why talk about! hehe!

waywardgs
01-06-2009, 12:24 AM
Khariz Must Have It!!!

Celephais
01-06-2009, 12:26 AM
Well you failed that policy here tonight. A simple PM to the OP would have saved you worked. Now not only do you have Khariz breathing down you, but any GMs would think "hey, this guy has something that he feels would be nerfed if we knew about it".

Drew
01-06-2009, 12:31 AM
Fair enough. That would mean they would have to read this thread and also know what account it was on though.

I also enjoy teasing Khariz because he considers himself Mr. Two-hander :)

Khariz
01-06-2009, 12:33 AM
Fair enough. That would mean they would have to read this thread and also know what account it was on though.

Bah, I don't think "consider" is the right word, haha.

Celephais
01-06-2009, 12:35 AM

True... I don't think you're really outsed. Just saying. It does baffle me how little the powers that be in GS don't read these forums, at least the parts related to GS, there's a lot to be learned about the pulse of the community when they aren't being oppressed.

Khariz
01-06-2009, 12:36 AM
Oh, and since we didn't manage to get Sorrow nerfed with all the blabbing we did about it here...I doubt we'll get whatever that is nerfed just by saying what it is.

Drew
01-06-2009, 12:41 AM
Sorrow isn't that powerful mechanically. Everyone knows that the sentience is the selling point.

I'd say Tsin's mattock is the best THW right now, mine is the second.

thefarmer
01-06-2009, 12:43 AM

I also enjoy teasing Khariz because he considers himself Mr. T(wo-hander).:)

http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/2871/kharizai5.jpg

Drew
01-06-2009, 12:47 AM
LOL @ Mr. T. Hander

Khariz
01-06-2009, 01:01 AM
Sorrow isn't that powerful mechanically. Everyone knows that the sentience is the selling point.

I'd say Tsin's mattock is the best THW right now, mine is the second.

Right, but there's nothing wrong with Tsin making a 9.5x one, or me and Thundermin having 4x claid-weighted ones.

Whatever enchant yours is might increase the value, especially if you had to use PPs to ET it, but it's silly to not even quote the stats. IMO, of course.

Drew
01-06-2009, 01:09 AM
Oh my claid weighted mattock is still 4x.

Wesley
01-06-2009, 01:36 AM
The Iasha already has double plasma flares. There's no reason NOT to bond it.

Don't get me wrong, it's a really nice weapon, but for a lot less than $550, you could probably a 10x perfect maul of any material and get the same effect, plus DF, plus AvD, plus 3 enchants, and all you lose are the scripts. That's why I think whatshisface there is right about it being a great backup weapon as opposed to a primary.

Khariz
01-06-2009, 01:37 AM
Don't get me wrong, it's a really nice weapon, but for $550, you could probably buy two 10x perfect mauls of any material and get the same effect, plus DF, plus AvD, plus 3 enchants, and all you lose are the scripts. That's why I think whatshisface there is right about it being a great backup weapon as opposed to a primary.

Good luck with that:)

Wesley
01-06-2009, 01:40 AM
Good luck with that:)

I was editing as you were responding. I realized that two 10x mauls is a bit of a stretch, but for less than $550 you could probably find a 0x perfect maul, and buy enough Premium points to get it to 10x, and alter it. Not that you'd have to.

The Iasha maul is really nice though, and the OP did say he was looking less for mechanical advantage as he was for uniqueness. Certainly fits the bill.

Khariz
01-06-2009, 01:43 AM
Lemme also say this: Because I cannot use it, and because I'd rather see it back on the street than not, I'm sure I'd take less than I'm asking.

(I realize the post that it was quoted in said otherwise, but I'm in a different position right now).

Edit: I'm also back to accepting silver.

thefarmer
01-06-2009, 02:49 AM
I was editing as you were responding. I realized that two 10x mauls is a bit of a stretch, but for less than $550 you could probably find a 0x perfect maul, and buy enough Premium points to get it to 10x, and alter it. Not that you'd have to.

Assuming you had your own enchanter who could do 0x-7x, the points would run more than $550

Enchant Costs
Enchant 7x-8x 3500+500=4000
Enchant 8x-9x 4000+500=4500
Enchant 9x-10x 4500+500=5000

thefarmer
01-06-2009, 02:51 AM
Lemme also say this: Because I cannot use it, and because I'd rather see it back on the street than not, I'm sure I'd take less than I'm asking.

(I realize the post that it was quoted in said otherwise, but I'm in a different position right now).

Edit: I'm also back to accepting silver.

I'm so tempted to turn that maul into a "beat-up old farmer's sledgehammer" and pwn shit with it... I just can't justify spending it when I don't play as much.

Ardwen
01-06-2009, 04:53 AM
Have to disagree that theres only 1 or 2 200+ million silver two handers in the game, even in this economy.

Hell, I own more then two.

Khariz
01-06-2009, 12:22 PM
Have to disagree that theres only 1 or 2 200+ million silver two handers in the game, even in this economy.

Hell, I own more then two.

Oh I agree, I think I made the mistake of talking about "ones in circulation or the public eye". There are plenty of things that people choose to keep on the down low.

Sile
01-15-2009, 08:22 PM
bada bump

Khariz
01-15-2009, 08:39 PM
Sold the Iasha, acquired Sorrow. Still have everything else.

Glaes claid-weighted greataxe

8x permablessed greataxe

8x ironwright fire/disruption blessable+infusable flaring, 2 pound, pure veil iron maul

4x heavy crit-weighted maul

4x fully claid-weighted mattock

2.5x claid-weighted, titanium forged flamberge

5x perfect forged mattock

6x old style acid flaring bastard sword

Just reminding ya.

Sile
01-15-2009, 09:01 PM
Sorrow that blade kills lol....

You got a couple other ones listed. That I never seen before, but I still don't know what to get or look for. I'm worse then taking the girlfriend out to shop for shoes.

What else you got collecting dust?

Khariz
01-15-2009, 09:05 PM
I've got two really nice looking mithril claidhmores, and a plain jane ora claidhmore.

Sile
01-15-2009, 09:16 PM
Oldstyle?

Danjirus
01-15-2009, 10:16 PM
I hate you 2h users with your little cliquish threads, "kept track of for years" weapons, and your damn "claid weighted" everything. TWC > THW!! JK Im going to train THW later on with my rogue.

BTW you guys think a claidh could be altered into a "no-dachi" (and dont worry about why I would want to!)

Danjirus

Sile
01-15-2009, 10:26 PM
Doubt it, but you could get lucky.... They are usually very picky about changing Nouns on weapons.

droit
01-15-2009, 10:46 PM
I think claids, naginatas and katanas are stuck with the nouns they have.

Drew
01-15-2009, 11:09 PM
Yeah, claids pretty much stay claids.

Khariz
01-15-2009, 11:43 PM
That's correct. You cannot rename a claidhmore under the current rules.

Belnia
01-15-2009, 11:53 PM
No-dachi is an approved noun for a two handed sword.

Khariz
01-16-2009, 12:03 AM
Aye, but not a claidhmore, regardless of whether it's a twohanded sword based claidhmore or not.