PDA

View Full Version : How would you change 650?

graysun
01-05-2009, 12:58 PM
Got the capstone spell recently - and while I am not as critical of it as some, I agree that it is a pain in the ass to keep it running and the durations seem a bit short at times.

Assuming that continuous use of a single aspect, or anything close to it, would never be implemented, and the spell probably won't ever be changed or fixed or whatever, anyway - how would you change it?

------------------------------

A few ideas:

Have a CMAN-style cooldown period for each aspect, where the aspect could be re-assumed at some significantly increased mana cost (maybe double) each time.

Increase the base durations a bit.

Add a new aspect that helps with swimming.

Methais
01-05-2009, 01:04 PM
I'd make it so when cast, Simu hires a hot hooker and sends her to my house.

droit
01-05-2009, 01:41 PM
Ugh. If they don't increase the durations and/or allow us to refresh the same aspect multiple times, it will still be unusable. Your ideas wouldn't make the spell any more attractive to me. 50 mana to refresh the same aspect? Hell no.

The Ponzzz
01-05-2009, 01:52 PM
I'd make it a base 50 mana for the intial cast and then just 5 mana to renew/refresh the spell.

As for new creature based aspects, I'd add:

Gecko - Offer limited healing similiar to troll's blood.
Frog - Offer swimming bonus
Chameleon - Offer hiding bonus and larger flat bonus on the intial hide

Ignot
01-05-2009, 01:54 PM
I'd make it so when cast, Simu hires a hot hooker and sends her to my house.

There is an 8% chance said hooker will have an STD, it could be reduced with lore training.

Methais
01-05-2009, 01:58 PM
There is an 8% chance said hooker will have an STD, it could be reduced with lore training.

Fortunately if you can cast 650, you can also cast Undisease.

Ignot
01-05-2009, 01:59 PM
Fortunately if you can cast 650, you can also cast Undisease.

True but a fumble sends a he-she hooker to your house.

Methais
01-05-2009, 02:00 PM
Yeah well it wouldn't be the first ti...I mean holy shit that would fucking suck!

Izzy
01-05-2009, 02:01 PM
Fortunately if you can cast 650, you you have the potential to eventually be able to cast Undisease.

Fixed. Turns out MnS and the Ranger circle are separate. :welcome:

Methais
01-05-2009, 02:06 PM
Semantics are for he-she hookers.

graysun
01-05-2009, 02:10 PM
Ugh. If they don't increase the durations and/or allow us to refresh the same aspect multiple times, it will still be unusable. Your ideas wouldn't make the spell any more attractive to me. 50 mana to refresh the same aspect? Hell no.
I agree it should at least be fifteen minutes instead of ten for the spell duration, and at least three minutes instead of two per aspect. That alone would cut down the mana cost of using it.

50 doesn't seem outrageous to me for a refresh. The second refresh would probably have to cost 100 in order to prevent people from using it continuously.

Drew
01-05-2009, 02:13 PM
It's just a bad spell. My ranger will never have it, I have more important things to spend my points on (stopped spell training at 120/640).

Fallen
01-05-2009, 02:14 PM
Tie some stupidly expensive and otherwise useless skill or training regimen (1x+ spells) to extend the duration of the spell.

droit
01-05-2009, 02:35 PM
50 doesn't seem outrageous to me for a refresh. The second refresh would probably have to cost 100 in order to prevent people from using it continuously.

Explain to me why we should be trying to prevent people from using it continuously? It's a fucking 50th level spell, for chrissakes. If I want +12 AS from lion for the full 10 minute duration, a capstone spell should be able to provide it. In fact, that's the least it should provide. They should give us a bonus to TD while 650 is active, regardless of aspect. At least then we could just throw 50 mana at it to get some continuous benefit for 10 minutes without further mana investment.

graysun
01-05-2009, 03:06 PM
Explain to me why we should be trying to prevent people from using it continuously? It's a fucking 50th level spell, for chrissakes. If I want +12 AS from lion for the full 10 minute duration, a capstone spell should be able to provide it. In fact, that's the least it should provide. They should give us a bonus to TD while 650 is active, regardless of aspect. At least then we could just throw 50 mana at it to get some continuous benefit for 10 minutes without further mana investment.
As a ranger I'd be all for it, but based on the current limitations it seems like they're trying to prevent it from being an "always running" thing.

I like your suggestion about having it enchance TD the way 625 does.

And along the lines of another suggestion above, I like the idea that ranger spell ranks could play a role in the duration.