PDA

View Full Version : Redhook's "auction" style...

nocturnix
01-04-2009, 03:34 PM
Not sure if anyone else has had bad experiences with him, but I thought I'd post this so others can be warned.

After a week of not hearing if I had won or not, and no updates...

Quote:

Originally Posted by nocturnix
so what happened to your auction? I assume I won my items? When and where can I pick them up?

Thanks.

Yea I had some real world stuff to deal with, grandparent's husband passed around christmas so I had to get out of town immediately. Just thought to check the boards. I will be back this weekend to get you your things.

Merry Christmas

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he meant grandma's husband?

Ok, sorry to hear. Let me know when and where I can pick everything up. Do you have IMs?

-Nocturnix

Another week goes by...At this point im starting to wonder if his excuses were real or if he's just trying to get out of the auction. Still I try to keep my patience.

Ok you said youd get me the items this weekend. Well the weekend is almost over, whats up?

-Nocturnix

4 more days still nothing...

So whats going on? You're not trying to back out of this are you?

-Nocturnix

First off, back out of what? I am the owner of those items and there is no binding contract for me to exchange them with you.

Secondly I have had real world issues that has kept me from the game. If you had a bit of civility I would have given you the items.

As it stands you will never get them from me even if you paid me 10 times your bid. I would rather throw them in the well or give them away than to ever let you have them.

-Redhook

If that outburst doesn't prove he was full of it from the beginning I don't know what does. I was polite, accommodating and patient from the beginning.

Kitsun
01-04-2009, 03:37 PM
Any idea who he is IG? Not too difficult to just make a new handle here and repost later on.

This is a perfect example of why I prefer dealing with known players rather than some cockhandles that flake out all the time. I've got some people that randomly bid on my shit and never fucking pick up.

nocturnix
01-04-2009, 03:46 PM
not sure never got his in game name. I knew he was going to bail on it when no one else bid.

His fault for doing an auction in a spreadsheet with low MBs.

Stretch
01-04-2009, 04:49 PM
See if anyone else was able to pick stuff up / had bids acknowledged.

Briarfox and Kembal (http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?t=38560) might be in the same boat as you.

Ausek
01-11-2009, 01:59 AM
I picked up stuff from him, though it did take a few days to get a reply.

Hecates
01-12-2009, 04:08 AM
ive bid on a few and got responces via PM's but i got almost same responces with family issue, he was never rude to me, but did drop the ball on the auction.

Someone
02-07-2009, 09:51 AM
The character associated with the Redhook GS account is Tholn