PDA

View Full Version : Loresong on a teleport ring

JJBummer
01-03-2009, 03:04 AM
I'm training a bard and decided to have him sing to an old item I've carried for years, a Pennant Chase teleport ring. I've always wondered if it was 'unnavable' or just had a ridiculously large number of charges.

The loresongs are different but I have no idea what the differences mean.

How can you tell if a teleport ring is navable?

Newly found teleport ring:

This is a small item, under a pound. In your best estimation, it's worth about 5,000 silvers. You can also tell that there is some type of metal in the structure of the twisted gold ring.

You sense a faint aura of magic around the twisted gold ring. You also feel a faint drawing sensation from it, as though it may be able to hold more power. From the pitch of the vibration you determine that the purpose of the ring is to cast a spell or perform some magical purpose.

This is an item belonging to the Chronomages.

Pennant Chase teleport ring used for the last 10 years or so:

This is a small item, under a pound. In your best estimation, it's worth about 5,000 silvers. You can also tell that there is some type of metal in the structure of the Pennant Chase ring.

You sense a faint aura of magic around the Pennant Chase ring. You also feel a faint drawing sensation from it, as though when its charge is depleted, it may be refilled. From the pitch of the vibration you determine that the purpose of the ring is to cast a spell or perform some magical purpose.

This is an item belonging to the Chronomages.

Elvenlady
01-03-2009, 08:58 AM
You sense a faint aura of magic around the Pennant Chase ring. You also feel a faint drawing sensation from it, as though when its charge is depleted, it may be refilled.

My guess from this is the Pennant Chase ring is unnavable and will run out of charges at some point leaving you with an imbeddable/rechargeable ring. Did you get any idea how many charges it held from one of the other verses?

JJBummer
01-03-2009, 03:40 PM
Unfortunately no idea on the charges remaining. My bard in training is still rather young and the verse that might have included that only showed the ring to be attuned to an area around TI. He generally gleans some information with every verse but I think his abilities need to develop some.

Elvenlady
01-03-2009, 03:55 PM
I'll happily sing to it for you if you wish to see if I can reveal any more info, my bardess is level 77.

thefarmer
01-03-2009, 04:01 PM
My guess from this is the Pennant Chase ring is unnavable and will run out of charges at some point leaving you with an imbeddable/rechargeable ring. Did you get any idea how many charges it held from one of the other verses?

I'm pretty sure this is the case from what I remember about PC rings.

septus
01-03-2009, 06:16 PM
Pennant Chase rings get navved. I've had them navved before.

That said, unnavable rings have an extra line about them being cloaked from the navigators..forgot how it's worded

Belnia
01-04-2009, 03:07 AM
Usually an unnavable ring has a small loresing that makes it pretty obvious. I believe PC rings function like normal gold rings, but with a smaller chance of being repossessed.