PDA

View Full Version : Referral Queues

Krayton
12-30-2008, 10:46 PM
So I lost a dagger to a scout around 1:30 this afternoon (I didn't think ithzir took dagger based weapons, but that's beyond me now), so I assisted to find out if the scout had been killed and the person didn't pick up the dagger or it was picked up by the person.

When the GameHost stopped in, they couldn't tell me anything and referred me to a GameMaster. This was around 2:00-ish and I was 7th in Queue. Well, it's now 10:45 and I'm now 5th in queue.

My gripe is that they have the assist/referral system, why hasn't anyone been able to give me a response? How hard is it look through their logs and see what the hell is going on?

Tolwynn
12-30-2008, 11:01 PM
You happened to fall into the queue at a very bad time, is what. You're in there amidst people who are literally taking hours to get multiple items replaced that were destroyed by a bug earlier today.

Kitsun
12-30-2008, 11:06 PM
I wouldn't recommend taking an irritated attitude to the GMs. Ithzir gear theft is considered part of normal mechanics, the GMs aren't obligated to tell you what happened to the dagger. Some people have been flat out denied the information.

PS: Sorry Tolwyn. I asked our mutual friend about her skink and then she had you check. Doh.

Krayton
12-30-2008, 11:07 PM
Well Itzel just got to me as I posted that. The scout was killed, the dagger wasn't picked up by the character, the janitor cleaned it up, and now since I didn't register the dagger it's gone forever. F cking crap.

Stunseed
12-30-2008, 11:14 PM
< I didn't register the dagger it's gone forever. F cking crap. >

I stopped using nice gear in OTF a long time ago. Worse case scenario, a couple of e-bladed daggers. Seriously.

Belnia
12-30-2008, 11:25 PM
REGISTER EVERYTHING. Especially if it's near a skink.

Krayton
12-30-2008, 11:50 PM
I know, I'm gonna register everything down to my friggin buckle.

One of the things that REALLY irked me was that I didn't move in queue for over 5 hours. I understand that some people with the skinks lost 99% of the things that were in that particular container, but every GM was on that task? Come on...

Stunseed
12-30-2008, 11:58 PM
It was a serious fucking bug, and alot of people have skanks.

The Ponzzz
12-31-2008, 12:55 AM
Skanks are serious business. Err, what?

m444w
12-31-2008, 01:03 AM
you can be 20th in the queue, and if the proper GM sees you have a referral waiting you will be assisted. Your place in line really means jack, they just have to number then to keep track of them or something.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
12-31-2008, 01:38 AM
It was a serious fucking bug, and alot of people have skanks.

I agree. Wait, we talking about the in game lizard type things, or scary women? I agree in either case, but it's good to be clear about things.

Stunseed
12-31-2008, 01:42 AM
The in-game lizards that got sold off like the first term mentioned.

Gnomad
12-31-2008, 02:51 AM
Well Itzel just got to me as I posted that. The scout was killed, the dagger wasn't picked up by the character, the janitor cleaned it up, and now since I didn't register the dagger it's gone forever. F cking crap.

Where's the fun in this?

I hope a GM tosses it back in the boxfound treasure hopper, at the very least.

AMUSED1
12-31-2008, 08:35 AM
You should also know that your place in a referral queue is out of EVERYONE in the queue and not who is just logged in. So you could really be first in queue because everyone in front of you isn't logged in.

RainyDay2080
01-01-2009, 08:13 AM
Another thing, it doesn't matter when you're given the referral. You still have to wait for a GM to come on duty for their shift to take your referral. I dunno if they ever take referrals when they aren't scheduled to, but I was told to keep checking WHO to see when a GM started working. Usually I haven't had to wait very long once one is showing up there.

RD

Gnomad
01-01-2009, 09:24 AM
ONDUTY works too and has less scroll if you're really checking a lot

Krayton
01-01-2009, 02:00 PM
I was doing the "who" thing all day: there was at least 1 GM on duty almost all day and at some points there were 2 GMs and a GH. When Itzel finally did get a chance to answer, I "who"-ed and it didn't show any online <shrug>