PDA

View Full Version : High Constable of Ta'Vaalor to Hear Public Case

Fallen
12-30-2008, 07:58 PM
Posted by GS4-ALYIAS

The highly-publicized banishment case of Aize D'zir Faendryl from Ta'Vaalor will come under review on the 9th of Lormesta, on or about 10:00 PM, just days into the new year. It will be held in the Petitionary at Guardian Keep. This will be an open public case, in which all individuals that wish to speak for or against may do so.

Unwilling to let lesser officials hear the case, High Constable Corath hel'Saeari Vaalor has decided to sit in judgment.

Relationships between the Faendryl and Vaalor have been strained since the Ashrim-Faendryl War, which saw the Faendryl using demons and doomsday-level magics. This, and the status of the Faendryl as an exiled imperial house, is expected to complicate the case.

Fallen
12-30-2008, 07:59 PM
That is freaken awesome.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
12-30-2008, 08:07 PM
Wow, that definitely is.

m444w
12-31-2008, 12:37 AM
why he get banished anyway?

Belnia
12-31-2008, 12:45 AM
I believe the real story is someone in his group fogged them to town (from a warcamp) right as he was going to major ewave. And they landed in Victory Court during busy time or something. Kersplat.

circe
12-31-2008, 12:46 AM
He had been banished previously. Was allowed back into town. He was Hunting in a camp and one of the others in the group fogged in right as he was casting ewave.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
12-31-2008, 12:56 AM
This is exactly why so many of us play Gemstone.

Gnomad
12-31-2008, 02:53 AM
Aize's player is cool but my character will be annoyed as shit if he gets let back in. I like this already.

Danical
12-31-2008, 03:34 AM
MONKS!!!!!!!!!!!111111

4 srs tho, this is rad.

Allereli
01-07-2009, 10:01 PM
bumping, it should be a fun time

Paradii
01-07-2009, 10:04 PM
Hrmmmm, this would be fun to sit in on. GoA anyone?

Sylvan Archer
01-10-2009, 12:50 PM
Anyone get a log of this for those of us who couldn't make it?

Khariz
01-10-2009, 01:11 PM
Here it is. It's more readable here: https://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=102&category=19&topic=15&message=9924

You hear the voice of a nearby elven crier yelling, "Hear ye, hear ye! All who wish to speak either for or against Aize D'zir Faendryl at the public
hearing regarding his banishment from Ta'Vaalor should proceed to Guardian Keep post-haste! Please assemble peacefully outside the Petitionary!"
Constable Corath just came through some polished double doors set into the western wall.
You see Constable Corath hel'Saeari Vaalor.
He appears to be an Elf.
He is very tall and appears to be old. He has deep-set amber eyes and fair skin. He has cropped, steel grey hair with a white streak running through it.
He has a long face, a small nose and slightly upswept pointed ears.
He is in good shape.
He is wearing some heavy black cotton robes trimmed with crimson piping, and a pair of sleek black boots.
Corath glances around the room.
Corath glances at Aize.
Speaking to Aize, Corath says, "You are here. This is a good first step."
Aize nods slowly to Corath.
Corath says, "Well, let us proceed inside, then."
Aize kisses Estrellaj on the forehead for what seems like an eternity.
Constable Corath just went through some polished double doors set into the western wall.
[Guardian Keep, Petitionary]
Dimly flickering from niches in the old stone walls, oil lanterns dapple the dark stone of the walls with pools of pale golden light. A pair of double
doors seal the chamber off from the Grand Hall, fostering the zest of birch smoke redolent in the air. A short, tiered dais at the chamber's end rises
toward a gold-edged throne. Set into the northern wall is a bas-relief golden hawk that frames the throne in its wingspan. You also see the Guard Captain.
Also here: Lady Zelrina, Grand Lord Melivn, Lady Nerlisa, Lord Skyseer, Lady Daneyella, Astrallea, Lady Merrelda, Tevar, Estrellaj, Aize, High Lady Foxs,
Lady Lisera, Constable Corath
Obvious exits: none
Corath says, "Let us determine first who shall speak. Everyone who is speaking for the accused, raise your hand."
Saishan raises her hand.
Nixxi raises her hand.
Astrallea raises her hand.
Raianna raises her hand.
Skyseer raises his hand.
Estrellaj raises her hand.
Merrelda raises her hand.
Elliania raises her hand.
Athgo raises his hand.
Corii raises her hand.
Nerlisa raises her hand.
You whistle something nasty between clenched teeth.
You raise your hand.
Corath nods.
Estrellaj smiles at you.
Corath asks, "And all speaking against the accused?"
The Guard Captain raises his hand.
Raianna raises her hand.
Estrellaj frowns at the Guard Captain.
Speaking in Elven, you ask, "Can we raise our hands twice?"
Corath says, "Yes."
Corath says, "If you've got something for and against, feel free."
Estrellaj raises an eyebrow.
Corath glances at you.
Corath seems to be waiting for something.
Estrellaj glances at you and folds her arms over her chest.
Speaking in Elven, you say, "I guess I'm good as is."
Corath says, "Very good. Now that we have determined who's speaking, let's keep it orderly. I do not want excessive amounts of movement or distractions."
Hiroa raises his hand.
Corath glances at Hiroa.
Speaking to Hiroa, Corath asks, "Hmm?"
Speaking quietly to Corath, Hiroa says, "I would also speak on behalf of the defendent. I was a bit slow following the crowd in."
Corath nods.
Corath says, "Very well."
Corath declares, "Here starts the trial of Aize D'zir Faendryl."
Estrellaj takes a deep breath.
Aize nods to Estrellaj.
Corath continues, "The accused has been banished from Ta'Vaalor for many crimes against the Vaalor."
Tsalim's group just came through some polished double doors.
Kaliran just came through some polished double doors.
Corath continues, "They are: One count of assult upon a person. Nine counts of murder. Three counts of endnagering public saftey through reckless
behavior. One count of contempt of court. And finally, one count of high crimes against the Vaalor."
Estrellaj stares off into space.
Speaking to Aize, Corath says, "You have been found guilty of these crimes. It is not the meaning of this trial to dispute that."
Aize nods to Corath.
Speaking to Corath, Aize says, "I don't dispute them."
Corath continues, "It is, however, the meaning of this trial to review the fact that you have been banished, and to have that rightfully found decision to
be repealed."
Speaking to Aize, Corath asks, "What do you have to say for yourself?"
Speaking to Corath, Aize says, "I believe at this time the words of those gathered here can hold more weight than my own."
Corath glances at Aize.
Speaking incredulously to Aize, Corath asks, "You will not even speak on your behalf?"
Speaking to Corath, Aize says, "I regret my crimes of course."
Corath turns an inquisitive ear towards Aize.
Speaking to Corath, Aize says, "I am sure those here will agree that I am more than what shows in my criminal record."
Speaking to Corath, Aize says, "Mistakes were certainly made, sir."
Corath says, "We shall see."
Speaking to Corath, Aize says, "I have a heartfelt sympathy for the widows my actions caused."
Speaking to Aize, Corath declares, "Then, if you've nothing more, we shall proceed to the statements."
Speaking to Corath, Aize says, "I could go on but I agree we should proceed."
Corath nods.
Aize smiles politely.
Corath glances at Aize.
Corath ponders.
You see Aize D'zir Faendryl the Opportunist.
He appears to be a Dark Elf.
He is average height and appears to be in his second childhood. He has silver-flecked ice blue eyes and ashen skin. He has short, straight raven black
hair. He has a classical nose and a jagged scar across his left eyebrow.
He has a cluster of sleek eahnor rings in the upper ridge of his left ear, an intricately inked pattern of wispy silvery-black tendrils encircling his left
eye, and the letters E.D. encircled by an alternating pattern of runes and stars inked on his neck.
He is in good shape.
He is wearing an onyx-banded white leather hat, a claret-hued elven riding cloak, a wispy black silken shroud, an old black leather satchel slung over his
shoulder, a plain mistwood quiver slung over his other shoulder, a simple raw silk shirt, a barbed kelyn signet ring, a white eahnor wedding band, an
enruned gold ring, an enruned gold ring, some fitted ivory linen pants, and some unadorned tawny boots.
Speaking to Saishan, Corath says, "You. Dhe'nar. What have you to say regarding the accused."
Saishan nods.
Corath folds his arms, grasping his shoulders.
Saishan confidently says, "I have known Aize for nealy 4 years now..."
Saishan says, "In this time he has proven a loyal and trustworthy friend."
Saishan says, "He has not only helped myself, but has risked life and limb for many people including, during many times on invasion...this very city."
Corath says, "Such actions could be considered selfishly motivated."
Aize looks thoughtful for a moment, then shrugs.
Saishan asks, "Could be, but why repeat them in diffrent places, diffrent people and ask nothing in return?"
Corath says, "Give me examples."
Saishan nods.
Saishan says, "I will use my personal examples."
Corath nods.
Saishan says, "In the past, he has supplied me with the defensice tools I need to help train myself, he has more then once rescued me from near death and
death itself! He has taken time from his day to aid me in hunts and battles..."
Saishan says, "He has treated me, and those close to him with honor and respect."
Corath glances at Aize.
Saishan says, "People may view him as rough around the edges, but he IS a good man."
Saishan says, "We all error, it is not a hard thing to do."
Aize closes his eyes for a moment.
Saishan nods.
Speaking to Saishan, Corath says, "And we all get punished for said errors."
Speaking to Saishan, Corath asks, "Why should he be exempt?"
Corath raises an eyebrow in Saishan's direction.
Saishan says, "Has he not served a punishment? Banished from own home. Gone to jail? paid the fines."
Saishan says, "We all pay for our crimes. Regardless of said crimes he is a good man."
Corath looks thoughtfully at Saishan.
Saishan says, "I would trust him with my life and have many times."
Saishan nods.
Speaking to Saishan, Corath asks, "As you say. Do you have anything more to say before we move on to the next statement, then?"
Saishan says, "That is all, I had said what I need to."
Saishan bows to Corath.
Corath nods.
Speaking to Nixxi, Corath asks, "Very well. You, half-elf. What have you to say on behalf of the accused?"
Nixxi glances at Corath and clasps her hands in a reverent gesture.
Nixxi turns to face Aize.
Aize smiles faintly.
Speaking dryly to Corath, Nixxi says, "Sir will hear many things this day of accidents, of honor and loyalty, of cruelty and vice."
Speaking quietly to Aize, Nixxi says, "And I would yet speak of sir's nature on the behalf of those whom have fallen to his boots upon reaching this town's
shores."
Nixxi clenches her fist.
Aize nods to Nixxi.
Speaking to Aize, Nixxi says, "When I was but a day into this town, met with little more than the barbs of arrows and bolts of the guards before being, I
should say, barely let through yon gates despite parchments proving my worth and loyalty to the Elven empire, I met a Faendryl who upon his name, took the
cruelty and vice of his race into a shadowy layer."
Nixxi clenches her jaw.
Corath nods to Nixxi.
Speaking cruelly to Aize, Nixxi says, "Sir Aize was met with a dagger in his hand and a smile that could chill the halflings of Icemule."
Aize glances away.
Speaking quietly to Aize, Nixxi says, "And sir has proven his worth as a Faendryl many times over."
Nixxi turns to face Corath.
Corath nods to Nixxi.
Speaking softly to Corath, Nixxi says, "But yet I come to this trial to speak on his behalf."
Nixxi traces the lines of her Ashrim crest tattoo.
Nixxi smiles thinly.
Speaking to Nixxi, Corath says, "Truly? I'm wondering..."
Nixxi shows Corath a simple Ashrim crest tattoo.
Aize breathes almost without making a sound.
Speaking quietly to Corath, Nixxi says, "I bear the mark of the House Fallen-Yet-Forgotten-Naught upon my arm and could count by the harvest moons the
offers of having it removed."
Corath nods to Nixxi.
Speaking simply to Corath, Nixxi says, "The blood fued between Yon House and the Faendryl have long been settled by demon, necromancy and far worse."
Nixxi shakes her head, totally at a loss.
Speaking quietly to Corath, Nixxi asks, "A mortal-marked enemy in the midst of his home? And he strikes naught, sir?"
Speaking slyly to Corath, Nixxi asks, "Does sir Aize not bear the right, by Elven law, to strike down those whom bear such mark?"
Corath looks thoughtfully at Nixxi.
Speaking softly to Corath, Nixxi says, "In Nalfein he does, sir, and in Illistim. Vaalorian law is oft off guard to one such of my birth, and the scrolls of
the King do not merit such worth as to say."
Speaking quietly to Corath, Nixxi asks, "Sir Aize does not strike, though. And it is certainly through ability-naught. True, sir?"
Nixxi cocks her head at Aize.
Corath glances at Aize.
Speaking softly to Aize, Nixxi asks, "Sir has the ability to murder miss Nixxi Dagon?"
Speaking to Nixxi, Aize says, "Of course, Nixxi."
Speaking quietly to Aize, Nixxi asks, "And you do not, why, sir? By what holds your hand in this town?"
Nixxi turns to face Corath.
Speaking simply to Corath, Nixxi says, "The law, sir."
Corath frowns.
Corath furrows his brow.
Speaking gently to Corath, Nixxi says, "Aize has stained the grounds of Vaalor with Vaalorian blood in times of war, sir. But with the abilities such as
him, he shows restraint against, and I must yet stress, his mortal-marked foe."
Speaking to Nixxi, Corath says, "Very well."
Speaking quietly to Corath, Nixxi says, "If you banish him of crimes of treason against the Elven lands, sir, you do so unjustly as he has shown on many
occasions -- most occasions, sir -- that restraint is his way."
Corath coughs.
Speaking simply to Corath, Nixxi says, "I am finished, sir. Thank you for permitting my birth to get in your way-naught."
Nixxi glances at Aize and clasps her hands in a reverent gesture.
Aize nods curtly to Nixxi.
Speaking relievedly to Nixxi, Corath says, "Very well. A long..and telling statement."
Corath glances at Astrallea.
Astrallea smiles at Corath.
Speaking quietly to Corath, Nixxi says, "The human blood in me, sir, does draw the tongue."
Astrallea softly says, "My turn."
Speaking to Astrallea, Corath asks, "And you, citizen Astrallea. I trust you have a succinct point as well?"
Astrallea nods to Corath.
Speaking to Astrallea, Corath says, "Please go ahead."
Astrallea softly says, "When it comes down to it,sir, Aize is a good guy."
Astrallea softly says, "He has served his punishment that I think he has deserved in the time waiting for a trial."
The Guard Captain smirks.
Astrallea softly says, "He has made mistakes, yes, everyone does, but he has paid for those and deserves to be unbanished."
Astrallea softly says, "That's about it."
Astrallea smiles at Aize.
Corath glances at Astrallea.
Aize smiles at Astrallea.
Speaking to Raianna, Corath says, "And you, citizen Raianna. Speak your piece."
Raianna says, "I got alot to say and I don't speak all poetic like Nixxi."
Corath's face turns slightly pale.
Speaking to Corath, Raianna says, "I can't say the good without the bad or the bad without the good."
Speaking to Corath, Raianna says, "Xo I will just tell ya the truth of what I know."
Speaking to Raianna, Corath says, "Very well."
Speaking to Corath, Raianna says, "I been around this fortress for over five years, I seen Aize start his adventuring career and seen him grow with it."
Speaking to Corath, Raianna says, "To put it in a term you Vaalor soldiers can understand. He started out a private and has grown into a sergeant."
Speaking to Corath, Raianna says, "He growls, he gripes, he threatens, he gets in your face. But like any good sergeant, he will be right there for his
men, for his home. He will fight, he will defend."
Speaking to Corath, Raianna asks, "Aize is a grouch, a grump, and a very annoying personality at times, but what sergeant isn't?"
Speaking to Aize, Corath asks, "And where is your home?"
Speaking to Corath, Aize says, "Under the waterfall near the Ravelin."
Aize smiles at Corath.
Estrellaj smiles at Aize.
Corath frowns thoughtfully.
Aize winks at Estrellaj with a suggestive glint in his eyes.
Speaking to Corath, Raianna says, "But I have seen him help those just starting out on thier careers as adventurers."
Speaking to Corath, Raianna says, "Seen him give them weapons, spells, pick boxes, give aid in hunting."
Speaking to Corath, Raianna says, "I have seen him give his life to defend his home, and as any good soldier knows a elf defending his home is worth more
than one attacking it."
Estrellaj whispers, "I told you he did that stuff."
You quietly whisper to Estrellaj, "But she didn't mention where he PUTs those weapons that he gives them."
You quietly whisper to Estrellaj, "Their soft underbellies, me thinks!"
Estrellaj whispers, "Bah...you just want to find bad stuff!"
Corath nods.
Speaking to Corath, Raianna says, "He has given his life, and his time, and his word to this fortress."
Speaking to Corath, Raianna says, "He has erred as you knnow, he knows, heck we all know."
Speaking to Corath, Raianna asks, "But you tell me what living being never make a mistake?"
Corath looks thoughtfully at Raianna.
Speaking to Corath, Raianna says, "I say he has served his time already, he is no better or worse than any of us. I have watched others come to this town,
and manipulate the laws to thier own ends. At least he errs by mistake and not on purpose."
Speaking to Raianna, Corath asks, "Very well. Do you have anything further to add?"
Raianna ponders.
Speaking to Corath, Raianna says, "Not that would be of any use."
Raianna laughs softly, trying to hide her amusement.
Corath nods.
Corath says, "Then we shall move to the next statement."
Speaking to Skyseer, Corath says, "You. Half-elf. Speak your words regarding the accused."
Speaking to Corath, Skyseer says, "Your honor, I can attest to Aize's gruffness, i myself have been on the recieving end of it many times. I am also his
futre son-in-law. So that is expected."
Aize glances upward.
Speaking to Corath, Skyseer says, "But I have seen first hand the love he has for his friends and family."
The Guard Captain mumbles something about a "poor sap" under his breath.
Speaking to Corath, Skyseer says, "As it has been said before we have all made mistakes and we have all paid for them in one way or another. I believe Aize
has paid the ultimate due by being taken away from his family by being banished."
Aize reaches over and gently traces Estrellaj's cheek with his fingertip.
Skyseer says, "That is all I have."
Corath nods.
Corath slowly empties his lungs.
Corath glances at Estrellaj.
Aize stares off into space.
Foxs moves to stand behind Corath.
Corath glances at Foxs.
Corath takes a few steps back.
Estrellaj raises an eyebrow.
Speaking to Foxs, Corath says, "You will take your seat in front of me."
Foxs smiles.
Foxs moves to stand behind Melivn.
Speaking to Estrellaj, Corath continues, "Now, citizen Estreallaj D'zir. What have you to say?"
Speaking to Corath, Estrellaj says, "I have much to say, but I will try to keep this short."
Corath nods.
Speaking to Corath, Estrellaj says, "I have been there through everything with Aize. I know the reasons for each of these "crimes" and I know most were not
commited in malice."
Speaking to Corath, Estrellaj says, "I could sit and defend them all, but I won't."
Speaking to Corath, Estrellaj says, "All that matters at this time is that Aize does not spend his time in this town looking for trouble. He spends his time
trying to help others. He spends it -improving- the town."
Corath looks thoughtfully at Estrellaj.
Speaking to Corath, Estrellaj says, "Aize is as much a citizen of this town as any Vaalorian."
Tsalim blinks at Estrellaj.
Aize smiles at Estrellaj.
Tsalim folds his arms over his chest with an air of superiority.
Speaking to Corath, Estrellaj says, "And as you can see, we have the support of most who occupy this town to prove he makes a positive impact."
Estrellaj smiles at Tsalim.
Estrellaj nods.
Estrellaj curtsies to Corath.
Corath nods to Estrellaj.
Estrellaj says, "Thank you for your time tonight."
Speaking to Estrellaj, Corath says, "Very well."
Corath glances at Merrelda.
Speaking to Merrelda, Corath says, "Faendryl..."
Speaking to Merrelda, Corath says, "You may speak."
Aize whispers something to Estrellaj.
Merrelda says, "Well, then..."
Merrelda says, "First time I've been asked to speak in a while..."
Merrelda snickers.
You quietly whisper to Estrellaj, "As if she ever needs an invitation."
Estrellaj just nudged you.
Speaking to Corath, Merrelda says, "Well... I can't say what no one else has said but to add to it."
Merrelda says, "I have know Lady Estrellaj longer than Aize, and only grew to know him through her."
Merrelda smiles at Estrellaj.
Corath nods to Merrelda.
Estrellaj smiles at Merrelda.
Merrelda says, "I was their flower girl."
Estrellaj grins.
Merrelda says, "As everyone else has said, he is a bit gruff... and sometimes moody."
Aize narrows his eyes.
Merrelda says, "But I've come to know him very well."
Merrelda smiles at Aize.
Merrelda says, "He has done much for me and my siblings... though not much effect was taken with my brother."
Merrelda mutters theingrate.
Estrellaj chuckles to herself.
Corath frowns.
Merrelda says, "In everything he has done for me and for my family... I have come to view him as a father figure."
Merrelda says, "And no one has ever deserved such from me."
Aize looks thoughtfully at Merrelda.
Merrelda fidgets.
Speaking to Aize, Merrelda says, "You need to forget I ever said that when we leave."
Merrelda nods to Aize.
Speaking to Merrelda, Corath asks, "Very well. Anything further?"
Aize mumbles, "Fine, fine."
Speaking to Corath, Merrelda says, "Everything he has done and will do for me is the same he would do for anyone else."
Merrelda nods to Corath.
Corath nods to Merrelda.
Merrelda says, "Now I'm done."
Speaking to Elliania, Corath says, "Citizen Elliania. Please give us your statement."
Speaking to Corath, Elliania says, "I have nothing but the highest respect for Aize. He is always helping those around him, with hunting and training, or
being a friend to talk to in times of turmoil. Without him, I would have been forever lost to myself a long time ago."
Speaking to Corath, Elliania says, "I whole-heartedly trust him with my life, and the lives of my family. He has proved himself more than a friend
countless number of times. I'd gladly stand at his side, whatever the situation, trusting my fate to him."
Corath looks thoughtfully at Elliania.
Speaking to Corath, Elliania says, "Anything else I add will only further that statement."
Estrellaj smiles at Elliania.
Speaking quietly to Elliania, Aize says, "Thank you."
Corath nods thoughtfully.
Speaking to Athgo, Corath says, "Citizen Athgo. Please speak."
Speaking in Elven, Athgo says, "I have seen Aize do nothing but good for our fair city."
Uved says, "Oh I would like to add my statement in, when it's a turn for me."
Uved grins evilly.
Uved glances at Aize.
Aize casts a warning glance at Uved.
Uved glances at Aize and slowly draws his finger across his throat meaningfully.
Merrelda glances at Uved and slowly draws her finger across her throat meaningfully.
Speaking in Elven, Athgo says, "Through defense and helping of our citizens."
Uved appears to be trying hard not to grin.
The Guard Captain frowns at Uved.
Speaking in Elven, Athgo says, "His crimes were mostly due to poor circumstances and the punishment rendered has been sufficient."
Speaking in Elven to Corath, Athgo says, "That is all I have to say."
Corath nods to Athgo.
Uved frowns at the Guard Captain.
Corath glances at Uved.
Speaking to Uved, Corath demands, "I would think common sense and courtesy would be running through your blood as well. Mind yourself and do not speak out
of turn."
Uved turns to face Corath.
Uved snaps to attention and crisply brings his black pillow to his chest in a display of respect to Corath.
Speaking to the Guard Captain, Merrelda says, "You should drag him out by his collar."
The Guard Captain says, "Perhaps next time."
Corath says, "Now, please, citizen Corri. Give your statement."
Corii nods to Corath.
Corath glances at Corii.
Corath nods.
Speaking to Corath, Corii says, "I traveled to this land less than six months ago, confused and lost... Aize and his wife were one of the first people to
take me under their wing and show me around.."
Speaking to Estrellaj, Corath says, "A proper duty for a citizen."
Speaking to Corath, Corii says, "I have found him to be a man of few words, yet always willing to offer a helping hand and a bit of advice."
Estrellaj smiles at Corath.
Estrellaj nods in agreement.
Corath nods to Corii.
Speaking to Corath, Corii says, "I know that he felt and still feels terrible about the actions that lead to the loss of life. It was a terrible accident...
but blood must be repaid and I understand the court taking action."
Speaking to Corath, Corii says, "... But by exile, we are missing a valuable member of our comunity."
Raianna adopts an agreeable expression.
Corath glances at Corii.
Aize shifts his weight.
Speaking to Corath, Corii says, "I ask that the court please return him to our city. Thankyou for allowing me to speak."
Corath nods.
Corii bows to Corath.
Speaking to Nerlisa, Corath says, "Half-elf. Speak."
Nerlisa nods to Corath.
Nerlisa coughs.
Nerlisa says, "I would like to just simply state that, I have not been in Ta'Vaalor very long...."
Nerlisa says, "From the day that i arrived here, Aize has always been helpful and kind."
Estrellaj smiles at Nerlisa.
Nerlisa says, "As others have stated, he may have been a tad gruff, perhaps not even nice, but helpful none the less."
Nerlisa says, "He has been more than willing to answer questions, give advise, offer instructions....even load."
Nerlisa says, "Equipment. As a matter of fact, the very armor i wear belongs to him."
Nerlisa says, "He loaded it willingly without knowing me a week."
Nerlisa says, "If any were to ask me as a newcomer to Ta'Vaalor, what i like the most about it."
Corath nods to Nerlisa.
Nerlisa says, "My response would be the people here."
Aize nods slowly to Nerlisa.
Nerlisa says, "The tow that stick out most in my mind are Aize and Estrellaj."
Aize leans on Estrellaj, resting his hand upon her shoulder.
Corath nods to Nerlisa.
Estrellaj smiles quietly to herself.
Nerlisa says, "If i knew nothing more of Aize than he was Estrellaj's husband, that would be enough for me."
Corath glances at Aize.
Corath glances at Estrellaj.
Estrellaj blushes a florid shade of crimson.
Speaking to Nerlisa, Corath says, "Very well."
Estrellaj gives Nerlisa a friendly hug.
Speaking to you, Corath says, "Citizen Aarx. Please do give us your statement."
You sigh.
You grumble.
You will speak hesitantly on your next message.
Nixxi narrows her eyes and gives you a cold, hard look before tightening her lips and glancing away.
Speaking in Elven, you hesitantly say, "I've known... the accused... for some time, and I can honestly say that we probably dislike each other as much as
possible."
Corath glances at Aize.
Aize nods to Corath.
Estrellaj breathes very slowly and looks much calmer.
Speaking in Elven, you noncommittally say, "However, he's not the WORST jerk to ever walk the streets of our city."
You scratch your head.
Varucca appears to be trying hard not to grin.
Merrelda squints at you.
Kaliran appears to be trying hard not to grin.
Kaliran laughs softly, trying to hide his amusement.
Corath raises an eyebrow in your direction.
Uved grins.
Uved agrees with you.
Speaking in Elven, you miserably say, "I must admit he may well have saved my skin once or twice... although it might have been on accident... I'm not
sure."
You gaze heavenward.
Uved appears to be trying hard not to grin.
Aize smirks at you!
Speaking quietly in Elven to you, Nixxi says, "Interesting, sir, and you shall be quoted on such, I am sure."
Speaking in Elven, you begrudgingly say, "And I suppose that if he were to make reparations to those that he has wronged personally, I wouldn't totally
despise his returned presence to our city."
Nixxi smiles slightly.
Speaking in Elven, you hastily say, "And that's all I've got to say about the old jerk."
You fold your arms over your chest.
Speaking to you, Corath asks, "So...to make this clear, you are testifying FOR the accused, yes?"
You blink.
Merrelda shakes her head at you and clucks her tongue.
Speaking in Elven, you ask, "I just did, didn't I?"
Uved laughs!
Speaking to you, Corath says, "Very well. I was merely double checking."
You glance around the room.
Speaking in Elven to yourself, you ask, "Did I miss something?"
You shrug.
(Uved mimic a gesture of toasting to Aarx.)
Speaking to Hiroa, Corath says, "And you, Giant. You may speak."
Hiroa glances around the room.
Estrellaj whispers, "Not as horrible as I imagined. Thank you hun."
Hiroa quietly says, "I'm actually surprised I'm gonna be the one to say this."
Hiroa looks thoughtful for a moment, then shrugs.
You quietly whisper to Estrellaj, "Bah, you should have given me more to drink."
Aize cocks his head at Hiroa.
Speaking quietly to Corath, Hiroa says, "I'm no elf, and no Vaalorian either, so I imagine passionate words of entreaty about the sterling character of the
defendent won't mean much coming from me."
Hiroa glances at Aize.
Hiroa quietly says, "So let's just look at it this way."
Corath takes a moment to observe Hiroa.
Speaking quietly to Corath, Hiroa says, "Banishing this man is a stupid decision."
Hiroa folds his arms over his chest.
Estrellaj grins at Hiroa.
Corath blinks.
Speaking quietly to Aize, Hiroa says, "Aize, how would you say you spend most of your time around the fortress? I mean, time not spent sleeping,
eating...with Estrellaj."
Hiroa glances at Estrellaj.
Hiroa ducks his head.
Speaking quietly to Aize, Hiroa asks, "What do you DO around here?"
Estrellaj grins at Hiroa.
Speaking to Hiroa, Aize says, "I defend it against the grimswarm, of course."
Speaking confusedly to Hiroa, Corath asks, "That is your statement? Nothing more? Just "That was stupid"?"
Hiroa glances at Corath.
Speaking quietly to Corath, Hiroa asks, "I thought patience was a martial virtue, according to your kind?"
Hiroa shakes his head, clucking his tongue.
Speaking quietly to Corath, Hiroa says, "Please, listen to the rest of my testimony."
Speaking quietly to Aize, Hiroa says, "As you were saying."
Hiroa nods.
Hiroa quietly says, "The Grimswarm."
Corath slowly empties his lungs.
Aize nods in agreement to Hiroa.
Corath turns an inquisitive ear towards Hiroa.
Hiroa quietly says, "I don't know about the rest of you, but I like numbers. I'm a mercenary, I live by the coin."
Hiroa quietly says, "I talk about numbers, and I like to track them. As it happens, this includes talking about numbers with the Superintendent of the
local outpost."
Speaking quietly to Corath, Hiroa asks, "Would you happen to know how many Grimswarm Aize has slain in the local environs, or how many warparties and
warcamps he's significantly contributed to the destruction of?"
Speaking to Hiroa, Corath says, "I'm sure you're about to inform me."
Speaking quietly to Corath, Hiroa says, "The answer is... 'a whole damned lot'."
Tsalim yawns.
Estrellaj grins.
Hiroa quietly says, "In fact, Aize is responsible for a plurality of the offensive efforts in the Vaalorian region against the Grim."
A timid young elven chamber maid scurries quickly toward the private quarters of the keep, carrying an armload of clean blankets and bedsheets.
Aize smiles quietly to himself.
Aize surreptitiously glances at Corath.
Hiroa quietly says, "There are reports regularly delivered to the outpost from other regions. Regions that have significant problems with Grimswarm
operations that come dangerously close, sometimes even encroaching upon, the civilian areas of those regions."
Hiroa quietly says, "That's a problem we don't have nearly as much of here. I'm proud to say that I, as a recognized Master of the Guardians of Sunfist,
have contributed to."
Hiroa quietly says, "But, I'm not ashamed to say that my contributions -pale- in comparison to those made by Aize."
Aize simply vanishes from sight!
Uved laughs!
Pietra gets a blank look on her face.
Allereli raises an eyebrow.
Corii blinks.
Nerlisa blinks.
Bypin gets a blank look on his face.
Kaliran glances sternly around the room.
Hiroa quietly says, "I-"
Hiroa blinks.
Corath blinks.
Rexious frowns.
Kaliran raises an eyebrow.
Hiroa quietly says, "...had nothing to do with -that-."
Nixxi nods slowly.
Hiroa glances around the room.
Kaliran asks, "Who stole our defendant?"
Pietra grins at Hiroa.
Uved exclaims, "I have to go!"
Lisera inclines her head.
Uved laughs!
Aize appears in a flash of light, looking slightly disoriented.
Uved waves.
Estrellaj stares off into space.
Uved just went through some polished double doors.
Nixxi glowers darkly at Aize.
Hiroa squints at Aize.
Corath glances at Aize.
Kaliran gazes in wonder at his surroundings.
Speaking to Corath, Aize says, "I came back."
Speaking darkly in Elven to Aize, Nixxi says, "It is improper, sir, to disappear in sir's trial."
Kembal says, "That was interesting."
Hiroa clears his throat.
Speaking quietly to Corath, Hiroa asks, "May I continue?"
(Hiroa shoots Aize a curious look.)
Speaking to Hiroa, Corath says, "If you have a final point to get to, yes."
Hiroa nods to Corath.
Aize whistles tunelessly to himself.
Speaking quietly to Corath, Hiroa says, "Vaalor is a fortress, and your people are warriors. And war is a very strategic art."
Speaking quietly to Aize, Hiroa says, "And you, my friend, are a decidedly strategic -advantage-."
Speaking quietly to Corath, Hiroa says, "Aize has served the sentences commensurate with the individual crimes he has committed."
Aize says, "I thank you for your overly kind words."
Speaking quietly to Corath, Hiroa says, "But banishment serves no one's interest."
Aize nods to Hiroa.
Hiroa quietly says, "Not his..."
Corath looks thoughtfully at Hiroa.
Hiroa points at Aize.
Speaking quietly to Corath, Hiroa says, "Not yours..."
Hiroa points at Corath.
Hiroa quietly says, "And certainly not ours."
(Hiroa gestures at the assembled crowd.)
Hiroa quietly says, "Vaalor is a better, but more importantly, a -safer- place, for his presence."
Corath furrows his brow.
Speaking quietly to Corath, Hiroa says, "Despise him all you may wish, you cannot dispute that."
Hiroa turns to face Aize.
Hiroa turns towards Aize and renders a sharp hand salute.
Aize bows to Hiroa.
Speaking quietly to Aize, Hiroa says, "Best of luck."
Hiroa takes a few steps back.
Estrellaj hugs Hiroa, who wraps her in a warm embrace.
Speaking to Hiroa, Aize says, "Thank you again."
Corath asks, "Very well. Before we proceed to those who speak against the accused, is there anyone else who wishes to speak for?"
Kembal says, "I wish to speak for."
Varucca raises her hand.
Speaking in Elven, Sovine says, "I would also."
Varucca softly says, "Yah."
Corath glances at Kembal.
You shake your head at Kembal and cluck your tongue.
Speaking to Kembal, Corath says, "Be quick, human."
Speaking to Corath, Kembal says, "Thank you, Your Honor, I will not take long."
Raianna frowns at Corath.
Speaking to Corath, Kembal says, "Aize has been an important defender against the Grimswarm here in Ta'Vaalor."
Speaking to Corath, Kembal says, "And he has defended the Fortress against myriad attackers that have come here from time to time."
Speaking to Corath, Kembal says, "These contributions should not be forgotten."
Speaking to Corath, Kembal says, "That is all...."
Speaking to Kembal, Corath says, "Very well."
Speaking to Varucca, Corath asks, "And your statement, please?"
Speaking softly to Corath, Varucca says, "I'm just gonna break it down ta ya like this..."
Speaking softly to Corath, Varucca says, "I'd understand if Aize was one of those people who like ta run around town, killin innnocent folk and talkin
smack, gettin drunk and bein stupid..but he's not like that..."
The Guard Captain scoffs.
Speaking softly to Corath, Varucca says, "We have defended Vaalor each and everytime there was an invasion."
Varucca winks at the Guard Captain.
Speaking softly to Corath, Varucca says, "Have died for this town."
Speaking softly to Corath, Varucca says, "This has been a little much for someone who has defended this city better than most of yer soldiers."
Corath frowns at Varucca.
Varucca smiles at Corath.
You scowl.
Speaking softly to Corath, Varucca says, "So I think...ya should let him get back ta defending this town against invaders and grims."
Speaking softly to Corath, Varucca says, "Makin it a better place ta live."
Speaking softly to Corath, Varucca says, "And drinks on me."
Varucca adopts an agreeable expression.
Estrellaj grins at Varucca.
Corath frowns.
Varucca smiles hopefully at Corath.
Speaking to Sovine, Corath asks, "And finally, Dhe'nar, your statement. Let's make sure we don't prattle, yes?"
Speaking in Elven to Corath, Sovine says, "I will try."
Speaking in Elven to Corath, Sovine says, "My comments are really rather brief, and to the point."
Speaking in Elven to Corath, Sovine says, "As one of most likely a handful that even have witnessed the events, all of them that led to this trial, which
mostly swirl around a man defending his wife."
Speaking in Elven, Sovine says, "I tend to favor the giants perspective on this, that aside from the mush an hes an asset to the lil folk runnin around
town. The simple fact is, he provides your fortress with somethin that no one else does."
Speaking in Elven to Corath, Sovine says, "An he has even humbled himself to a degree that I would not understand, to even stand trial here to stay in this
place, when hes not welcomed should alone say his loyalties are to those he protects here."
Corath glances at Aize.
Aize hums distractedly to himself.
Corath glances at Sovine.
Speaking in Elven to Corath, Sovine says, "Beyond that, since you do not wish prattle, I will not go into the issues with the charges that caused this to
start with. Those surrounding your guards an there lack of focus."
Speaking in Elven to Corath, Sovine says, "I am finished."
Corath nods.
Corath asks, "Very well. Let us proceed onto those that speak against the accused. Citizen Raianna?"
Raianna nods to Corath.
Speaking to Corath, Raianna says, "Very well."
Speaking to Corath, Raianna exclaims, "He is too slow. If he would train and learn to cast faster than his wife we wouldn't be here!"
Raianna scowls at Aize.
Aize gazes heavenward.
Estrellaj begins chuckling at Raianna!
Speaking laboriously to Raianna, Aize says, "Sorry."
Corath glances at Raianna.
Aize shakes his head.
Speaking to Corath, Raianna says, "Other than that all I have to say is.....he is a grump, and a pain about it. It does scare some. Can't think of
anything else to say bad."
Aize nods to Corath.
Corath slowly says, "Very well..."
Corath asks, "Captain?"
Estrellaj glances at the Guard Captain.
The Guard Captain coughs.
Speaking to Corath, Raianna says, "And I have known some bad Faendryl's."
Aize glances apprehensively at the Guard Captain and waits.
The Guard Captain says, "Well, yes. All this wonderful blathering about how good the elf is...how much he cares for his wife...how much of a warrior he
is...how he slays creatures and the like..."
Speaking softly to the Guard Captain, Foxs says, "I don't believe it was your turn to speak on trial."
Aize nods to Foxs.
Speaking to Foxs, Aize says, "It was."
The Guard Captain says, "All that, frankly, is jibberish. That is not why we'ere here. I don't give a hoot if he kisses babes, picks flowers in the
moonlight, or gazes longingly into his wifes eyes."
Speaking softly to the Guard Captain, Foxs says, "Respect you own courts."
Speaking to Foxs, Kembal says, "It was, actually."
The Guard Captain rolls his eyes.
The Guard Captain says, "The point is this."
Speaking to Foxs, Kaliran says, "Perhaps pay closer attention..."
The Guard Captain says, "The accused committed murder."
The Guard Captain says, "Worse...the accused committed murder against Vaalorians."
Speaking softly to Kaliran, Foxs says, "Not what I was talking about."
Aize corrects, "It was an act of self defense... sir."
Aize nods to the Guard Captain.
The Guard Captain says, "And let's talk about this claim of "self defense"."
Speaking softly to the Guard Captain, Varucca says, "Well seein as ya weren't there at the time..."
Speaking to Varucca, Corath says, "Quiet. He was quiet while you spoke, show the same respect."
Varucca clasps her hand over her mouth.
Varucca nods to Corath.
Corath scowls at Varucca.
Varucca scowls.
The Guard Captain smirks.
The Guard Captain asks, "Let's talk about that, yes. How many of your family and friends did the six soldiers you murdered slay?"
Estrellaj starts to shout something but stops.
Aize ponders.
Estrellaj points at Dalzashel.
Aize clearly says, "Two."
Estrellaj nods.
Corath glances at Aize.
Aize says, "At the least."
The Guard Captain asks, "And was not your wife, before they struck back, violently flinging fire magics about indiscrimminantly into a confusing melee?"
Speaking to the Guard Captain, Aize says, "I also had to retrieve a weapon from a fallen combatant after your the soldiers "acquired" it."
The Guard Captain says, "That is not the question, accused. Please answer the question."
Estrellaj shakes her head.
Dalzashel says, "Seemed to me the "well trained" vaalorian soldiers were panicking at the first sign of danger and swinging blindly."
Dalzashel shrugs.
Corath scowls at Dalzashel.
Speaking to the Guard Captain, Aize says, "You are a soldier, as are all Vaalorians. Surely you know how battle can make the situation a tad crazy."
Speaking to Dalzashel, Corath says, "I said quiet while he speaks. Speak out again, and you will be removed."
Speaking to the Guard Captain, Aize says, "Yes my wife used her magicks."
Dalzashel shrugs.
The Guard Captain says, "I do know, indeed, that a battle can be quite crazy."
Speaking to the Guard Captain, Aize asks, "The fortress was under attack. Would you rather those fighting hold back and lose ground?"
Speaking to the Guard Captain, Aize asks, "Isn't the point to win?"
Speaking in Elven, Nixxi quietly says, "Win, and the means shall be deamed honorable."
Speaking to the Guard Captain, Aize says, "The soldiers that were struck were trained well but apparently not well enough to duck or roll."
The Guard Captain says, "And that is why one does not throw expanding spheres of flame into that "crazy" battle. Combat, as was said earlier...is an ART.
Precision strikes. Not blind flailing."
Speaking to the Guard Captain, Aize says, "They were struck... They did not die."
The Guard Captain says, "And because of that blind flailing, the burning soldiers took offense, and struck back. They struck back...after being attacked."
Speaking to the Guard Captain, Aize says, "Those soldiers CHOSE to slay my wife."
The Guard Captain says, "It is indeed self defense. The dead soldiers self defense."
Corath asks, "Very well. Anyone else speaking against the accused?"
Estrellaj shakes her head, totally at a loss.
Tsalim nods to Corath.
Corath glances at Tsalim.
Speaking to Tsalim, Corath says, "Citizen Tsalim Al'Khalil Vaalor. Please speak."
Corath nods to Tsalim.
Speaking in Elven to Corath, Tsalim says, "I don't know the criminal I can't think of I time that I ever spoke to him."
Speaking in Elven to Corath, Tsalim says, "But then I can't think of a reason why I'd want to."
Speaking in Elven to Corath, Tsalim says, "I really have no interest in him at all, other than it would be ammusing to have him quartered."
Speaking in Elven to Corath, Tsalim says, "They would make good gate decorations, properly tarred they could last for at least for a few months."
Corath nods to Tsalim.
Speaking in Elven to Corath, Tsalim says, "My interest lies in our fortress."
Speaking in Elven to Corath, Tsalim says, "How many times has the home of the Vaalor elves, the greatest of the elven city-stated, been refered to as a town
tonight?"
Corath says, "Many."
Speaking in Elven to Corath, Tsalim says, "Too many, but this is a fortress and the Vaalor elves are soldiers."
Speaking in Elven to Corath, Tsalim says, "You've heard from his admirers and syncophants how he has defended us during invasions as if we are helpless."
Speaking in Elven to Corath, Tsalim asks, "How many guards have been injured or killed by him during the fighting and why would he weaken our defenses if he
was a friend of the realm?"
Speaking in Elven to Corath, Tsalim says, "Disipline is the law, and the law must be upheld in every instance in order to maintain that discipline."
Estrellaj says, "To save those who are here everyday fighting for us, that's why."
Aize rubs Estrellaj's shoulders gently.
Corath looks thoughtfully at Tsalim.
Speaking in Elven to Corath, Tsalim says, "There can not be a single exception."
Speaking in Elven to Corath, Tsalim says, "There can not be a single exemption."
Speaking in Elven to Corath, Tsalim says, "The law is the law and no one is above it."
Speaking in Elven to Corath, Tsalim says, "The Faendryl has admitted his guilt, let him receive the same punishment under the law as anyone else."
Corath glances at Aize.
Speaking in Elven to Corath, Tsalim says, "Keep in mind that no one is banished for a single offence, by his own admission he is guilty of fifteen charges."
Seeazan says, "Them guards were also looting the corpes of this Fortresses fallen citizens, theres yer disipline."
Aize nods to Seeazan.
Speaking in Elven, Tsalim says, "Let the law stand."
Corath looks thoughtfully at Tsalim.
Speaking in Elven to Corath, Sovine asks, "A rebuttle?"
Speaking to Tsalim, Corath says, "Very well."
Speaking to Tsalim, Raianna asks, "Not a single exepmtion or exception to discipline?"
Raianna raises an eyebrow in Tsalim's direction.
Dalzashel agrees with Estrellaj.
You applaud Tsalim.
Speaking to Sovine, Corath says, "You have had your coice to speak, and this is not a debate, so be quiet."
Estrellaj starts chuckling at you!
Sovine folds his arms over his chest.
Speaking to Tsalim, Corath asks, "Anything futher, Citizen?"
Speaking in Elven, Tsalim says, "No."
Corath nods.
Tsalim strides over to stand before Maizah.
Aize looks over at Sovine and shakes his head.
Maizah rests a gentle hand on Tsalim's arm.
Corath says, "Very well. Those that have gathered here, with the exception of the accused, are dismissed. You may continue to stay here should you wish.
I will return shortly with my decision."
The Guard Captain says, "Everyone rise."
Speaking to Estrellaj, Aize asks, "Well?"
Melivn pulls Foxs to her feet.
>l
[Guardian Keep, Petitionary]
Dimly flickering from niches in the old stone walls, oil lanterns dapple the dark stone of the walls with pools of pale golden light. A pair of double
doors seal the chamber off from the Grand Hall, fostering the zest of birch smoke redolent in the air. A short, tiered dais at the chamber's end rises
toward a gold-edged throne. Set into the northern wall is a bas-relief golden hawk that frames the throne in its wingspan. You also see a disheveled bat-
eared fox that is sitting, the Tevar disk, a distressed river spirit that is flying around and the Guard Captain.
Also here: Lord Seeazan, Olcan, Imagestar, Raianna, Aize, Pietra, Lord Bypin, Kembal, Sovine, Nixxi, Rexious, Varucca, High Lady Allereli, Kaliran, Maizah,
Tsalim, Hiroa, Athgo, Corii who is sitting, Marphisa, Dalzashel, Saishan, Lady Elliania, Tevar, Lady Merrelda, Astrallea, Lady Daneyella, Lady Nerlisa,
Grand Lord Melivn, Lady Zelrina, Estrellaj, High Lady Foxs, Lady Lisera, Constable Corath
Obvious exits: none
Corath nods.
Constable Corath just went through some polished double doors.
Estrellaj shrugs at Aize.
Speaking softly to Melivn, Foxs says, "What did you do that for."
Foxs softly says, "Not let he said the Faendry l May rise."
Speaking to Estrellaj, Aize says, "No matter what..."
Speaking to Aize, Estrellaj says, "I see the captain in a whole new light now. I thought we had an understanding on what happened that night."
The Guard Captain leaves through the double doors.
Estrellaj glances at the Guard Captain.
Speaking to Estrellaj, Aize says, "This Fortress..."
Aize glances at Tsalim.
Estrellaj smiles.
Speaking to Estrellaj, Aize continues, "This Fortress will remain our home."
Speaking to Estrellaj, Raianna says, "He is a soldier defending his troops."
You mutter something better left unheard.
Speaking to Aize, Estrellaj says, "And it really shows that the only people that spoke against you don't even know you."
Speaking to Aize, Merrelda says, "Yeah, you'll be fine."
Speaking to Aize, Kaliran says, "If it's of any use, I don't believe you should be banished."
Speaking to Aize, Estrellaj says, "That's really the only way anyone could."
Estrellaj kisses Aize on the nose for what seems like an eternity.
An elven page comes into the area and says, "Please settle down. The Constable will be here in a moment." before ducking away again.
Astrallea softly says, "Ssshhh everyone."
Constable Corath just came through some polished double doors.
Aize slowly empties his lungs.
Corath glances at Aize.
Speaking to Aize, Corath says, "Much has been said about you today...and much more for than against."
Daneyella leans on Corath.
Daneyella leans softly against Corii.
Aize glances at Daneyella.
Corath glances at Daneyella.
Aize nods to Corath.
Corath takes a few steps back.
>mychar hates himself right now
Aarx hates himself right now
Speaking to Corath, Aize says, "Pardon my daughter, sir."
Aize says, "It's late and she's tired."
Speaking to Aize, Corath says, "It is a testement of the impact you have made that numerous citizens of this Fortress have actually testified for you..."
Speaking to Aize, Corath says, "And with warmth and meaning."
Aize smiles at Corath.
Speaking to Corath, Aize says, "They all spoke of their own accord."
Corath frowns at Aize.
You fold your arms over your chest.
Speaking to Aize, Corath says, "A few thousand years ago, your lineage itself would have prohibited this trail from even taking place."
A uniformed maid strides purposefully through the area, her feather duster held high in preparation to attack any stray mote of dust.
Speaking to himself, Corath says, "If not even that."
You think to yourself, "Aize is probably old enough to remember those days"
Speaking to Aize, Corath says, "The aarogance of the Faendryl is told by many, and is well documented in the annals of history."
Speaking to Aize, Corath says, "Yet...despite that...you get not one Vaalorian to speak for you..."
Speaking to Aize, Corath says, "But many."
Aize smiles.
Corath says, "This is a conundrum."
>mychar hates hates HATES himself now
Aarx hates hates HATES himself now
Corath says, "For all elves know that the society and House bounds are strong, indeed."
Corath says, "However, what was said in opposition also rings true."
Speaking sternly to Aize, Corath says, "This is not a town. This is not a city. This is...a fortress. The Vaalor are warriors above all."
Speaking to Corath, Aize says, "Of course."
Speaking to Aize, Corath says, "The Vaalor are the mightiest warriors known to Elanthia. Why? Dicipline. Strength. Honor."
Speaking to Aize, Corath says, "Those are the reasons our Legions are feared. Those are what the Vaalor are, despite any issues or slip-ups in individual
battles."
Speaking to Aize, Corath says, "It was also said that many people make mistakes...and that is why you are here."
Corath says, "So very true."
Corath nods.
Corath says, "Those dead soliders made a mistake. They did not maintain their dicipline and instead grew angry and tried to strike back in revenge."
Estrellaj nods in agreement.
Speaking to Estrellaj, Corath says, "You made a grave mistake..."
Speaking to Estrellaj, Corath says, "By not having the common sense to not thow balls of flame into a chaotic combat."
Estrellaj says, "I also corrected it once I saw they were hurt."
Corath glares at Estrellaj.
Rexious quietly says, "She is not on trail here."
Kaliran idly scratches himself on the neck.
Speaking to Aize, Corath says, "And you, of course, have made many mistakes."
Rexious smiles at Corath.
Corath says, "Thus the reason why we're here."
Speaking to Corath, Aize says, "I freely admit them."
Speaking to Rexious, Corath asks, "Speak again while I'm speaking, and you will not be in my fortress any longer. Do I make myself clear?"
Rexious quietly says, "You are working on it i guess."
Suddenly, a group of burly elven guards grabs Rexious and throws him to the ground. They shackle Rexious and quickly drag him out of the area.
Corath smirks.
Speaking to Aize, Corath says, "As you said, yes. You did."
Corath says, "So...Many arguements for. Many arguments against."
Corath nods to Aize.
Corath says, "I am an understanding elf. I realize that tempers flared when they shouldn't have...and this resulted in six soldiers dead."
Corath says, "But as much as I think in that direction...as much as the many statements for have pulled me...I cannot stop thinking of the creed of the
Vaalor."
Corath says, "Honor. Pride. Glory."
Corath says, "All wrought from dicipline."
Corath says, "And dicipline must be upheld."
Corath frowns at Aize.
Estrellaj folds her arms over her chest.
Aize slowly empties his lungs.
Corath says, "As such, I will commute your sentence to two weeks of banishment from Ta'Vaalor. You will not serve your full sentence, but you will serve a
majority of it."
Aize nods to Corath.
You cast growled aspersions into mid-air.
Estrellaj frowns at you.
Corath says, "Also, you are ordered to pay 250,000 silvers to each of the widows of the soldiers that you have slain."
Speaking in Faendryl to Aize, Merrelda says something you don't understand.
You shrug at Estrellaj.
Speaking to Corath, Aize says, "As you wish."
Corath says, "All six."
You quietly whisper to Estrellaj, "I mean YAY?"
Estrellaj nods to you.
Corath says, "Finally, you are to pay a fine of 500,000 silvers directly to the coffers of King Tyrnian."
Aize nods to Corath.
Corath says, "As restitution for this trial and for his grace in allowing it to happen."
Speaking to Aize, Corath asks, "Do you agree to this sentence?"
Speaking to Corath, Aize says, "I have no reason not to."
Corath says, "Very well. This hearing is now closed."
Corath says, "Everyone but the accused and his wife shall leave."
Tsalim snaps to attention and crisply strikes his chest with a closed fist in a display of respect to Corath.
Speaking simply to Aize, Nixxi says, "Congratulations."
Speaking in Elven to Estrellaj, you say, "Glad to hear you'll be sticking around."
Estrellaj smiles.
Athgo's group just went through some polished double doors.
Aize says, "Thank you all."
You point at Aize and jeer! Boooooo!
Speaking in Elven to Corath, Lisera says, "Thank you, Constable."
Estrellaj says, "Thank you everyone for your support."
>go doors
[Guardian Keep, Grand Hall]
Two stories above, the vaulted ceiling is adorned by chandeliers of vivid fire-hued crystal. A commingling of crimson and golden light falls in shattered
patches on the snowy marble floor and columns, setting them brightly ablaze. The hall ends in a large eahnor-banded archway framing twin linden doors, with
a set of gold-flecked stone steps guarded by a pair of brass braziers to its right. Nearly hidden in the splendor is a wooden door leading into the eastern
wall. You also see some polished double doors set into the western wall.
Also here: Corii, Lady Lisera, Ntao
Obvious exits: north
You growl something vile beneath your breath.
Lisera cocks her head at you.
Speaking in Elven, you say, "I'm going to regret this day."
Lisera chuckles.
Nixxi cocks her head at you.
Speaking in Elven, you say, "I can't believe I was so nice to him."
Speaking in Elven, Lisera bemusedly asks, "Why is that?"
You grumble.
Speaking in Elven to you, Lisera says, "Certain motivations are strong."
Speaking in Elven to Lisera, you say, "I owe his wife several large favors."
Lisera smiles briefly.
Speaking in Elven, you say, "Although I consider them all repaid now."
You scowl.
Seeazan starts chuckling at you!
Speaking amusedly in Elven to you, Lisera says, "My condolences."
Speaking in Elven, you say, "I need to go home and bathe."
You mutter something inaudible.

iJin
01-10-2009, 01:30 PM
Very awesome. Wish I could of made it.

Gnomad
01-10-2009, 02:33 PM
I'm so disappointed that only Tsalim showed up against Aize.

My Vaalor elf would have but i have mono and 10 pm is laaaaaate

Amaron
01-10-2009, 03:03 PM
My Vaalor elf was going to go , but forgot the date, wish it had been on the calendar. I always check that to remember whats up.

Gnomad
01-10-2009, 08:40 PM
I would have forgotten if Aylias hadn't brought the actuary Thaon into town a few days before, gossiping about it as he did his work.

CaptContagious
01-11-2009, 06:33 AM
a couple things:

1) I am a bit disappointed in Aize. I know well of the character and to see him say "Sir" and smile polietly, even on trail, made me sad and almost vomit. I almost stopped reading after that because that was sooo not Aize at all.

2) Kudos yet AGAIN to the Character "Nixxi", Easily one of the best played half-elves ever.

3)
Speaking to Rexious, Corath asks, "Speak again while I'm speaking, and you will not be in my fortress any longer. Do I make myself clear?"
Rexious quietly says, "You are working on it i guess."
Suddenly, a group of burly elven guards grabs Rexious and throws him to the ground. They shackle Rexious and quickly drag him out of the area.
Corath smirks.
ROFL!

Elvenlady
01-11-2009, 08:48 AM
A very entertaining read and kudos to all those involved. I wish there was more of this kind of GM input.

thefarmer
01-11-2009, 09:18 AM
FAVORITISM!1!1!!11!!

Gnomad
01-11-2009, 02:51 PM
1) I am a bit disappointed in Aize. I know well of the character and to see him say "Sir" and smile polietly, even on trail, made me sad and almost vomit. I almost stopped reading after that because that was sooo not Aize at all.I disagree. Just because Aize can be an asshole, doesn't mean he's not smart enough to know when he should be polite. He might be thinking "fucknuts", but he's saying, "sir", and that's what I'd expect anyone with half a brain to do.

When I was a teen I was a huge douchebag, especially when I played ice hockey. You can bet, though, that I called every Referee and Cop I was talking to, especially when I knew I might be in trouble, "Sir". It's knowing where your bread is buttered.

In short, Aize is not Chaotic Stupid.

Paradii
01-11-2009, 10:00 PM
Corath says, "Let us determine first who shall speak. Everyone who is retard, raise your hand."

Saishan raises her hand.
Nixxi raises her hand.
Astrallea raises her hand.
Raianna raises her hand.
Skyseer raises his hand.
Merrelda raises her hand.
Elliania raises her hand.
Athgo raises his hand.
Corii raises her hand.
Nerlisa raises her hand.

Fixed. Well, I should take Esty out, she's pretty cool.

Fallen
01-12-2009, 09:35 AM
On the 9th day of Lormesta in the year 5109, High Constable Corath hel'Saeari Vaalor presided over the trial of one Aize D'zir Faendryl regarding banishment from Ta'Vaalor based on multiple criminal charges including assault, several murders of Vaalorian soldiers, and high crimes.

This highly publicized case was considered open, so all could speak for or against. Many spoke for Aize D'zir Faendryl and few spoke against. Despite this, High Constable Corath hel'Saeari Vaalor ruled that the Vaalorian creed must be upheld. Honor, Pride, and Glory are the direct result of stringent discipline applied without exception.

However, the High Constable commuted the banishment itself from three months to two weeks. Fines were imposed of 250,000 silvers per soldier slaughtered (six in total).

In an unprecedented move, a special Crown Fine of 500,000 silvers was paid directly to His Royal Majesty, King Tyrnian Vaalor for restitution and in acknowledgment of the King's Grace in allowing the trial.