PDA

View Full Version : EG Shade-skinks HUGE BUG - Container Eater

Kitsun
12-30-2008, 12:53 PM
Seems the EG Shade-skinks had some change rolled in last night/this morning, whatever container you were holding them in is probably now completely empty. I had two bags that got ganked and got confirm from Belnia, Tolwyn and another friend that their shit is gone too.

Started a thread on the officials under the EG folder. No answer from any GMs with report and no hosts on duty for assists.

Gnomad
12-30-2008, 12:53 PM
hahahahaha go QA

DCSL
12-30-2008, 12:57 PM
Wow. That is crazy lame.

Belnia
12-30-2008, 01:00 PM
FUCK FUCK FUCKITY FUCK FUCK FUCK.

Post Scriptum: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!

Mighty Nikkisaurus
12-30-2008, 01:03 PM
Wow :/

I hope you had everything registered!

Kitsun
12-30-2008, 01:05 PM
Honestly I don't even know right now. If they give me shit about replacing this stuff due to a bug on their end though, I quit.

Drew
12-30-2008, 01:07 PM
MY VORPAL BLADE AND STAR IRON CLAIDHMORE WERE ERASED!!!

Allereli
12-30-2008, 01:19 PM
woah wtf

Fallen
12-30-2008, 01:32 PM
Several players have noticed a major issue resulting from the shade-skink updates rolled in this morning, which was intended to convert shade-skinks over to a new system. This update had an unforeseen effect when propagated into live instances of the game, which resulted in the deletion of some items in containers where the shade-skinks were stored.

We enacted some emergency measures to prevent this from happening in the future, but if you have a shade-skink and it appears to be missing along with other items from the container in which it was stored, you will need to put in an ASSIST so that we can restore your items as quickly as possible.

The good news is that the updated skinks should not be experiencing the difficulties the old ones did--I owe a huge thanks to GameMaster Alyias for the coding on both the old and new skinks, and to GameMaster Lusus for halting this issue before it could spread further.

Auchand

This message was originally posted in Quests, Sagas, and Events, Ebon Gate Festival. To discuss the above follow the link below.

http://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=102&category=12&topic=29&message=16882 (https://www.play.net/forums/redirect.asp?URL=http://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=102&category=12&topic=29&message=16882)

Numbers
12-30-2008, 01:35 PM
wtf is a skink?

Gnomad
12-30-2008, 01:37 PM
The good news is that the updated skinks should not be experiencing the difficulties the old ones did

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/8523/emotgolfclapsj0.gif

DCSL
12-30-2008, 01:37 PM
At least they seem to be willing to take care of it fast.

Parkbandit
12-30-2008, 01:40 PM
wtf is a skink?

http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/2006/gallery/sweetsexy/paris_hilton.jpg

Gnomad
12-30-2008, 01:40 PM
At least they seem to be willing to take care of it fast.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHPOzQzk9Qo

Kitsun
12-30-2008, 01:45 PM
I feel bad, I think I essentially ensured that my friends would get nailed by this bug by telling them to check their skinks. Doh.

Belnia
12-30-2008, 01:51 PM
If the contents of my container, in their entirety, aren't back in my cloak by midnight, I'm going to be mad. If I hear the phrase, "It wasn't registered...", then I will be livid.

Drew
12-30-2008, 02:11 PM
wtf is a skink?

Snakes with legs.

CrystalTears
12-30-2008, 02:14 PM
Snakes with legs.Lizards.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
12-30-2008, 02:16 PM
Honestly I don't even know right now. If they give me shit about replacing this stuff due to a bug on their end though, I quit.

I have no idea if they'll pull the "zomg it wasn't registered" crap, I really hope they don't but more retarded stuff has been done. :/

Baelog
12-30-2008, 02:18 PM
http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/2006/gallery/sweetsexy/paris_hilton.jpg

No no, that's a skank, not skink...and, for some reason, the pic on the right makes her actually look attractive, to me anyway.

Oh yeah, and I think it's funny as hell that shit is getting eaten by those stupid fucking things.

CrystalTears
12-30-2008, 02:20 PM
Someone try to auction off one of this bitches now.

diethx
12-30-2008, 03:30 PM
I really doubt they'll deny you shit that wasn't registered, so long as they have some record as to what was poofed. They know this was their fuckup, not yours.

Kitsun
12-30-2008, 05:49 PM
Izzea and Auchand were really freaking cool about it. I'm glad I kept anal logs and inventory lists.

Kitsun
12-30-2008, 06:07 PM
No no, that's a skank, not skink...and, for some reason, the pic on the right makes her actually look attractive, to me anyway.

Oh yeah, and I think it's funny as hell that shit is getting eaten by those stupid fucking things.

Burn in a fiery pit!

Belnia
12-30-2008, 06:35 PM
The moral of the story is, if Kitsun asks you to log in and check on something, tell him no!

graysun
12-30-2008, 06:52 PM
Someone try to auction off one of this bitches now.
What have people been paying for them?

Khariz
12-30-2008, 06:56 PM

I'm attracted to the right pic as well. I think it's the cock-brain though, rather than my other one.

Kitsun
12-30-2008, 07:05 PM
What have people been paying for them?

At EG, the first few auction'd at like 40m or so. As time progressed, they've sold for decidedly less. The one at the recent EE auction didn't get any bites with a 22m MB.

graysun
12-30-2008, 07:19 PM
At EG, the first few auction'd at like 40m or so. As time progressed, they've sold for decidedly less. The one at the recent EE auction didn't get any bites with a 22m MB.
Fuck, that seems like a lot - even 20.

Baelog
12-30-2008, 08:04 PM
Burn in a fiery pit!

One day sir, one day. Just not anytime soon

Mighty Nikkisaurus
12-30-2008, 10:11 PM
One day sir, one day. Just not anytime soon

R>

* Baelog was just vaporized!

R>
* Baelog just bit the dust!

Mwahaha.

Baelog
12-30-2008, 10:59 PM
Oh, goddamnit...

Yeah, I was hanging around in the moors outside of a Warcamp...in River's Rest...of course I was fucking around in IMs when the Moor Wight cast Gas Cloud. I got back, and BZZAP!

Did I mention I think that spell is completely unbalanced?

Belnia
12-30-2008, 11:10 PM
So, I've spent 2 hours talking to GMs today. And probably another 2 looking up where some of my items originally came from, and searching my log file, that I didn't know I had (Thanks Psinet!). End result is almost everything has been replaced, excepting my scrolls and scroll tube. Apparently they're a gigantic pain in the rear end and have to be done by hand, scroll by scroll, though I've been told they will be done. Itzel has been really, really awesome about the entire process.

You tap your blue mithril bracer twice in quick succession, opening a small spring-loaded compartment! As it opens, an umbral shade-skink is fired straight into the air, which you deftly catch!

Speaking to your umbral shade-skink, you say, "I hope you get sick."

You put an umbral shade-skink in your blue mithril bracer.

You carefully push down on your blue mithril bracer, closing the panel and securing the spring-loaded compartment.

Little bastard.

Izzy
12-30-2008, 11:25 PM

The first 2 auctioned off went for 50m. One of which was mine. Also, I'm glad they fixed this before my container got wiped, I had all my enhancives in that container too. All in all, I think that container is worth like 80m+. Well, by worth I really mean how much I've spent on everything in there. It probably isn't worth half that :P

Kitsun
12-30-2008, 11:39 PM
I was going to say 50m but I thought that couldn't have been right...

You're lucky I didn't know you owned one!

Belnia
12-30-2008, 11:40 PM
I had about 65 worth of stuff in my cloak. It's exceedingly anger-inducing to see that all poof away.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
12-31-2008, 01:32 AM
LOL, I bet. For all the nae-sayers about Itzel, you can now start a thread about how cool she's been. Too often those guys (GMs in general) only get the bad press, be nice to put out a public thanks even if it was a self generated problem.

Amaron
12-31-2008, 08:39 AM
Some of the GM's dealing with the players who lost items most likely had no hand in the acual coding or mix up, so yeah they do deserve kudos, sounds like they rolled in a fix, and worked with folks as fast and hassle free as possible.

For as much as we see complaints, they do work hard and I think they did a good job in this situation.

Lucos
12-31-2008, 10:34 PM
Just checked and everything is still in the container that my gecko was in...which is a good thing.

Contents of the container...

Scripted altered Onarian prayer veil
10X spiked lightened buckler
8X stiletto that is dual-flared (ice and earth)
Whistle that summons the crate
Altered vaalin lockpick that is higher mod
8X blessable sickle
Hazy glass ring from Wavedancer
Earcuff that enhances AURA stat +4 and is persistent
The Ugly Falchion (6X crit-weighted with custom scripts and so many illegal alters is it painful to look at)

Fuck, I read the first post on this thread and my ass puckered right up.

Paradii
01-03-2009, 07:23 PM
Izzea and Auchand were really freaking cool about it. I'm glad I kept anal logs and inventory lists.

Mrmmmm, anal logs. Tasty.

Euler
01-03-2009, 07:52 PM
are those regular anal logs, salted anal logs, or the goatse delux?

Kitsun
01-03-2009, 07:55 PM
/facepalm