PDA

View Full Version : Strap ons...... to big for comfort?

Caiylania
02-04-2004, 08:50 AM
Rangergirl removes a jade-hilted vultite longsword from her red leather thigh-sheath.

Elfman removes a blue vultite broadsword from his wrist-sheath.

Come on people!!!!

Don't these people picture how that looks? Who walks around with full size swords strapped to their arms and legs??? And what sheath that size could realistly hold them? Oiy.

Edaarin
02-04-2004, 08:57 AM
I feel mislead.

Anyway, it's a lot better since they changed the size constraints on weapons. Used to see people pulling weapons out of their earrings...

[Edited on 2-4-2004 by Edaarin]

Caiylania
02-04-2004, 08:58 AM
LoL Sorry :) No opinion anyway though? <g>

Pierat
02-04-2004, 09:04 AM
Thats a problem with the old style sheath versus the new style sheath.... there was a time that most weapons were just considered one size bassically, and if you had a sheath, it was a sheath......sheaths were designed back then in mind to hold different size weapons short of a dagger versus everything else. Pierat has a wrist sheath that'll hold a longsword if he wanted..... its convienent and doesnt take up a belt slot..... If a wizard can cast a floating disk to follow me around, why cant I have a magic sheath to hold a extra large weapon? Im not saying its perfect, or right, im just saying it can stay in game, and it can be ok

02-04-2004, 09:05 AM
Well being a giant I can see some practicality to the thigh or ankle sheath with a larger weapon

Wezas
02-04-2004, 09:14 AM
Wezas puts his sharpened pitchfork in his baby sheath.

02-04-2004, 09:22 AM
::snickers at Wezas::
you quit being mean
and its a baby skin sheath

Caiylania
02-04-2004, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by Pierat
If a wizard can cast a floating disk to follow me around, why cant I have a magic sheath to hold a extra large weapon? Im not saying its perfect, or right, im just saying it can stay in game, and it can be ok

Do you mean that it's magic is so when you sheath it it's size is made to fit the sheath?

What bothers me is the image of someone walking around like this....... :D

Caiylania
02-04-2004, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by Wezas
Wezas puts his sharpened pitchfork in his baby sheath.

But see, its not a THIGH or wrist sheath! So its ok. :)

Galleazzo
02-04-2004, 10:09 AM
<<why cant I have a magic sheath to hold a extra large weapon? >>

I don't see why you can't. Fair enough: you pay 75K for an enchanted sheath.

Oh, hey, wait, you only wanted to pay the same 5K everyone is paying for normal sheathes? Great, but not magical ones.

Miss X
02-04-2004, 10:23 AM
omg Caiy that picture cracked me up! Made me almost spit out my sprite!
Vx

Kitsun
02-04-2004, 12:06 PM
We all know Miss X came in here because she thought it was about the OTHER strap-ons, too.

More on topic...

I think some people do the big item in tiny container thing for a laugh. I kept my cane in my boots for a while. The weapons in an earring seem popular.

Although the examples you cited seemed like they just liked their sheath type and stuck with it.

Trinitis
02-04-2004, 12:24 PM
wow, talk about a misleading topic..

Parkbandit
02-04-2004, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by LordAdredrin
wow, talk about a misleading topic..

Exactly what I was thinking...

I somehow feel cheated. :(

Skirmisher
02-04-2004, 03:53 PM
This may be the flat out funniest thread title ever.

LilHellcat
02-04-2004, 04:21 PM
Notice all the guys feel cheated I guess we know which brain they were thinkin with . :roll: But I do have to say it was a hell of a way to get everyones attention good one hon.

I think its fine we have magic in game so maybe its a magical sheath, or like a bag of holding. So honestly I think its okay.

Caiylania
02-04-2004, 05:29 PM
LoL Sorry guys :)

Kia
02-04-2004, 05:40 PM
Part of me agrees that its dumb to see a claid come of of a wrist sheath, but part of me is sick of everything being so darn realistic all the time. Its a game afterall. So basically, I have mixed feelings on this one :)

KIA.

Skirmisher
02-04-2004, 05:46 PM
I think there do need to be limits on what weapons work with which sheaths.

Yes, I used to crack up when my friend put her shield in her bodice, but it really should not have been allowed to occur mechanics wise.

Parkbandit
02-04-2004, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Kia
Part of me agrees that its dumb to see a claid come of of a wrist sheath, but part of me is sick of everything being so darn realistic all the time. Its a game afterall. So basically, I have mixed feelings on this one :)

KIA.

You going to sit on that fence all night? :smug:

Caiylania
02-04-2004, 06:33 PM
A lot of things don't bug me or I just ignore.... I guess this is one of those things that is a pet peeve. Tonight I saw someone pull a bow from their belt, that I could imagine as the bow was 'attached' to the belt. Then you see someone draw a broadsword from a small leather handbag. Arrgh.

Pierat
02-04-2004, 06:51 PM
heh like I said, use your imagination, its a magic bottomless hand bag... I actually have a trunk that im starting to think is actually bottomless, heh

Latrinsorm
02-04-2004, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by Caiylania
Then you see someone draw a broadsword from a small leather handbag.You mean you don't keep a sword in your purse IRL?

Kia
02-04-2004, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by Parkbandit

Originally posted by Kia

KIA.

You going to sit on that fence all night? :smug:

Haahaa, yes. I'd give an official opinion, but I wouldn't want to scare people. :P

Caiylania
02-05-2004, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by Latrinsorm

Originally posted by Caiylania
Then you see someone draw a broadsword from a small leather handbag.You mean you don't keep a sword in your purse IRL?

>rummages in her purse.
>mutters wallet, keys, comb, datebook....

Nope! No sword :medieval:

Soulpieced
02-05-2004, 08:51 AM
Let me say I was greatly disappointed by the topic and content of this thread.

Galleazzo
02-05-2004, 09:32 AM
Yeah, but look. If the game didn't try to be realistic, we'd get all the Matrix fans wanting to know why we can't just pluck lightning bolts out of the air with our fingers or leap 20 feet over the bad guys heads to vaporize their brains with toe waggling. Don't need that shit.

CrystalTears
02-05-2004, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by Soulpieced
Let me say I was greatly disappointed by the topic and content of this thread.

So sayeth the man who started the #2 thread. :whistle:

Caiylania
02-05-2004, 09:56 AM
Yeah, that was a weird one :o

DarknessWithin
02-18-2004, 02:01 AM
wait...wait...this thread is about weapons?? at first I read the title then saw the part with the weapons. Why is it the first thing I thought was "Ouch! But I bet someone would find that kinky...."

::stares and wanders off::

Tsa`ah
02-18-2004, 02:13 AM
Now damn it.

I know it has been said already, but you really need to change the title of this thread.

That ... and the go down button still isn't working.

Nakiro
02-18-2004, 02:26 AM
You see, the key to wearing a comfortable strapon is support! If you don't have the proper support you're just going to feel weighted down in front.

Now in general, the more the strapon weighs the higher you're going to want to run the waist...

<glances at other posts>

Nevermind.

BTW, I'm not a fan of the sheath thing myself, but the new swordbelts are kickass!