PDA

View Full Version : Don't be a boob.

Stretch
12-27-2008, 08:57 PM
Obscene or Not? (http://voices.washingtonpost.com/parenting/2008/12/facebook_vs_breastfeeding_phot.html)

Woman posts photo of herself nursing a 3-month-old.

Other user(s) flag photo.

Facebook removes photo.

Shrill feminists take up cause.

Sean of the Thread
12-27-2008, 08:58 PM
It was all over the papers here Friday I think? I didn't even bother to read the article.

diethx
12-27-2008, 09:08 PM
I don't see anything wrong with it. Does facebook remove photos of girls in bikinis? Cuz she wasn't even showing as much skin as a bikini shows. I don't get the big deal.

Kitsun
12-27-2008, 09:09 PM
Some people must never look at themselves in the mirror, naked. She's got maybe a 2 inch strip of top boob-flesh showing.

Maybe people are jealous they can't be sucking on the girl's nipple?

Mighty Nikkisaurus
12-27-2008, 09:15 PM
I don't see anything wrong with it. Does facebook remove photos of girls in bikinis? Cuz she wasn't even showing as much skin as a bikini shows. I don't get the big deal.

:yeahthat:

My facebook profile pic shows way more boob than the removed pic does.

People get retarded over breastfeeding though. OMG ITS OBSCENE AND DISGUSTING!!!

Beguiler
12-27-2008, 09:32 PM
Heh, I thought she looked wonderful, a proud happy young mother. What's wrong with some people, that they can't see that?

diethx
12-27-2008, 09:35 PM
Heh, I thought she looked wonderful, a proud happy young mother. What's wrong with some people, that they can't see that?

Agreed.

Ignot
12-27-2008, 10:16 PM
If anything, the picture needs more boob.

Cephalopod
12-27-2008, 10:39 PM
I was expecting to see nipple or something... that's a pretty tame picture. I'd expect to see that sliding past on the side of a bus advertising the joys of breastfeeding or something.

I hope Facebook undoes this. Retarded.

Gallows Thief
12-27-2008, 10:46 PM
If anything, the picture needs more boob.

Tisket
12-27-2008, 10:52 PM
Jabbering Jesus, people are stupid.

Methais
12-28-2008, 12:55 AM
Tisket has a pic like that posted somewhere too, and it also made me a Wonder Woman fan.

Xeromist
12-28-2008, 01:09 AM
Fucking hell, biology is an offensive topic??
I'm going to flip out on the next baby I see drinking formula, since that may as well be offensive, too. That baby will never see it coming!

TheRunt
12-28-2008, 03:01 PM
My facebook profile pic shows way more boob than the removed pic does.

Your facebook pic probably shows more boob than she has :)

A proud happy mother yes. Wonderful? not really but that might just be a bad pic of her.

QUOTE=Ignot;861495]If anything, the picture needs more boob.[/QUOTE]

In all seriousness nothing wrong with any woman breastfeeding. If they show a pic of it on myspace good for them, might encourage another woman to do it, breastfeed that is not post pics. If she lives in IN she might (although I'm not a lawyer and do not play one on television) have a lawsuit. IN law prohibits discrimination against women breastfeeding in public as long as they do not violate any other laws. Well thats not quite right, according to IN code " Notwithstanding any other law, a woman may breastfeed her child anywhere the woman has a right to be." So she would have to prove she has a "right" to be on myspace.

Bobmuhthol
12-28-2008, 03:05 PM
The discrimination didn't occur in Indiana (if she even lives there); there is no case under that law. Cyberlaw is tricksy.

Skeeter
12-28-2008, 05:31 PM
fucking Christians.