PDA

View Full Version : Some training questions

Morph
12-24-2008, 02:26 PM
1. Do OHE wielding, ambushing rangers usually double train hiding and ambushing?

2. How much should rangers train dodging?

3. How much should rangers train combat maneuvers?

Thanks in advance.

droit
12-24-2008, 04:18 PM
1. Do OHE wielding, ambushing rangers usually double train hiding and ambushing?

2. How much should rangers train dodging?

3. How much should rangers train combat maneuvers?

Thanks in advance.

1. Usually, it's 1x ambushing and 2x hiding. I was 2x hiding most of the way to cap but then I needed some TPs for a fixskill, so I dropped it down to 1.75x and did just fine. I'm back up to 2x now, though.

2. The "Official" training plan (i.e., the training plan that SIMU balances critters against) is .75x dodge but if you can muster the points, 1x is a good idea.

3. As an OHE ambusher, 1x CMs at the least. Some more physical builds overtrain CM a bit, but that is very expensive. CM is one of those multipurpose skills that have a lot of benefits attached to them.

Hope that helps.

graysun
12-24-2008, 06:21 PM
What Droit said,

and

I was fine during the early-mid levels with less than 1x dodging. The recommended .75x should be fine for a good while - I think I got it up to 1x around 55th.

Training ambush over 1x is helpful during the early-mid levels, though doubling will probably cause your TPs for secondary/utility skills (MCS, MIU, A.S., F.A., etc.) to be pretty thin, or nonexistent.

I doubled ambush until 40th, then stopped training it for a long time. Having 60+ ranks during the 30's was really nice, though probably not essential.

Don't worry about being over 1x in C.M. until way later. Shadow Mastery is nice too - the 2-second hiding especially (at rank 4).

Morph
12-24-2008, 06:24 PM
thanks that was helpful.