PDA

View Full Version : Crafting EXP

JARVISN
12-24-2008, 11:02 AM
I used to know this, but I've been away for quite a while... Does crafting/forging give exp like fletching does? If so, wow, do them on the right days and you could stack up a whole buncha levels without laying steel to a single critter.

-Noldi

Izzy
12-24-2008, 11:05 AM
I used to know this, but I've been away for quite a while... Does crafting/forging give exp like fletching does? If so, wow, do them on the right days and you could stack up a whole buncha levels without laying steel to a single critter.

-Noldi

It does give you exp, but it's an incredibly inefficient way to level. All the exp does take a little chunk out of the exp you lost by not hunting/doing bounties instead.

JARVISN
12-24-2008, 11:42 AM
It does give you exp, but it's an incredibly inefficient way to level. All the exp does take a little chunk out of the exp you lost by not hunting/doing bounties instead.

OK, that's kinda what I thought - I didn't remember getting a bunch of exp; not like fletching, anyway, where I can gain a couple ranks and I'm fried. Thanks.

Izzy
12-24-2008, 11:56 AM
OK, that's kinda what I thought - I didn't remember getting a bunch of exp; not like fletching, anyway, where I can gain a couple ranks and I'm fried. Thanks.

Actually I think the exp is identical to fletching. It's 1 exp per rank. You don't gain shit for exp until you get to a decent rank.

Edit: In my experience though, fletching ranks are much easier to gain, which is why you might think it's a good experience gaining method. I still wouldn't burn my weekly gift on fletching, either. Hunting is way more efficient. Fletching/crafting is something you script off gift so you don't have to be actively doing anything.

JARVISN
12-24-2008, 01:11 PM
1 exp per rank sounds right. There's a balance point there, right around 250 -450 ranks where I've been gaining enough exp just fletching to have to stop and rest occasionally.

Before that, the exp per rank is too low and after that the ranks start to come to slowly, but it's a brain-fry party while it lasts.

I'm currently at 493 and what I've been doing is go run a bounty task, then fletch while I absorb that one, trotting back and forth occasionally to get a task I can do pretty quickly. My character's a fledgling archer, so I want the Fletching Mastery enough to do a lot of reps, and that pattern seems to keep my head pretty full.

Kahly
12-26-2008, 01:03 PM
498... 498... 498... 498...

:wtf:

Jeeze!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gnomad
12-27-2008, 12:34 AM
The exp for getting to a given artisan rank:

http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/4508/23890012zz6.gif