PDA

View Full Version : Treasure Hunt on Spitfire

Askip
02-03-2004, 09:48 AM
Did anyone get something nice for their digging?

I found a small brawler:

a ruby inlaid blackjack

1x with some kind of elemental crits (shrill, piercing note from the AI crystal)

It was not worth to price - cost me 60 shovels @ 2k per, but I'm going to keep digging.

:D

Galleazzo
02-03-2004, 10:08 AM
The weapons you get are all 1x with e-crits. I also got a couple nice altered jewels.

ZGemstone
02-03-2004, 10:11 AM
I found a vultite sap (brawler). I think the exact description is a pearl-hilted vultite sap, but I'd have to log on to look.

I've heard rumors that some decent armor has been pulled out of there. Anyone seen that?

Parkbandit
02-03-2004, 10:22 AM
I found some imflass dagger... haven't had it assessed or sung to yet though.

I too will be digging for more.

Tophal
02-03-2004, 11:59 AM
I found a skull. When you examine it, it shows something like, 'Written in Common language are inscribed the words Dead De'nar tell no tells'.

Are the pins worth anything? I have about 40 of them. Also, does anyone know what the gems are worth, or if they have any special properties?

-Toph

IcyPoison
02-03-2004, 12:15 PM
Pins are worth 33 silver at the pawnshop.

Askip
02-03-2004, 12:29 PM
Another find - 1x fulls:

a tooled set of midnight black leathers

You touch the crystal with one hand, your midnight black leathers in the other hand. Tiny sparks of brilliant golden light dance across your leathers. A red beam shoots up from your leathers toward the
ceiling. A shrill, piercing note sounds, echoing through the room.

Why they give a shrill, piercing note is beyond me - the guide I read says "enchanted by a wizard", unless all armor with an enchant do that.

Gene Gene Pork and Bean
02-03-2004, 01:21 PM
i found a couple things...

a dented steel-riveted breastplate

and

an elaborate studded mithril dirk

and a whole buncha other just not worth noting. i dont know if the dirk flares but i do know it is 1x.
and all i know about the breastplate is it too is 1x.

Askip
02-03-2004, 03:14 PM
A million silver later...

so far the best I've found are a +12 weapon and +10 armor, not all of the weapons have crits:

= = =

an elaborate inlaid ora truncheon

You touch the crystal with one hand, your inlaid ora truncheon in the other hand. Tiny sparks of brilliant golden light dance across your truncheon. An orange beam shoots up from your truncheon toward the ceiling.

= = =

a pearl studded mithril truncheon

You touch the crystal with one hand, your studded mithril truncheon in the other hand. Tiny sparks of brilliant golden light dance across your truncheon. A red beam shoots up from your truncheon toward the ceiling.

= = =

a polished midnight black breastplate

You touch the crystal with one hand, your midnight black breastplate in the other hand. Tiny sparks of brilliant golden light dance across your breastplate. An orange beam shoots up from your breastplate toward the ceiling. A shrill, piercing note sounds, echoing through the room.

= = =

an exquisite studded mithril cutlass

You touch the crystal with one hand, your studded mithril cutlass in the other hand. Tiny sparks of brilliant golden light dance across your cutlass. A red beam shoots up from your cutlass toward the ceiling. A shrill, piercing note sounds, echoing through the room.

= = =
an ornate studded imflass hook-knife

You touch the crystal with one hand, your studded imflass hook-knife in the other hand. Tiny sparks of brilliant golden light dance across your hook-knife. A yellow beam shoots up from your hook-knife toward the ceiling.

= = =

a pearl studded mithril belaying pin

You touch the crystal with one hand, your studded mithril belaying pin in the other hand. Tiny sparks of brilliant golden light dance across your belaying pin. A red beam shoots up from your belaying pin toward the ceiling.

= = =

an elaborate chased mithril bodkin

You touch the crystal with one hand, your chased mithril bodkin in the other hand. Tiny sparks of brilliant golden light dance across your bodkin. A red beam shoots up from your bodkin toward the ceiling.

:D

Tophal
02-03-2004, 07:35 PM
Askip, I hope you are digging that sand while hasted. A million silver buys a lot of shovels.

-Toph

GSLeloo
02-03-2004, 07:58 PM
I got the same skull someone else said, altered gems, pins and a ruby studded mithril hook-knife

Bobmuhthol
02-03-2004, 08:06 PM
I only got a bunch of pins, 2k, and a cutlass shaped diamond. But I only spent like 6k.

Vesi
02-03-2004, 08:21 PM
I haven't been able to tour the Spitfire yet like I want to. Is the treasure hunt a one time thing or is it a shop or area that you can dig anytime you wish?

Vesi wanting to get her hands dirty

GSLeloo
02-03-2004, 08:23 PM
Dig anytime you want.

DaMaGe
02-03-2004, 08:26 PM
Where's it at?

-Adam

Vesi
02-03-2004, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by GSLeloo
Dig anytime you want.

Thanks Leloo!

Vesi

DaMaGe
02-03-2004, 08:32 PM
Nevermind, I found it.

-Adam

Edaarin
02-03-2004, 08:34 PM
I wound up giving away all the crap I found. Bunch of gem inlaid mithril weapons, a 3x fire flaring ruby inlaid cutlass, and a 1x fire cutlass. 600k well spent. Askip's worse than me when it comes to knowing when to quit.

Bobmuhthol
02-03-2004, 08:50 PM
40k later...

a steel treasure chest pin, a steel treasure chest pin, a steel treasure chest pin, a steel treasure chest pin, a steel treasure chest pin, a steel treasure chest pin, a steel treasure chest pin, a steel treasure chest pin, a steel treasure chest pin, a steel treasure chest pin, an exquisite studded mithril cudgel, a steel treasure chest pin, a steel treasure chest pin, a steel treasure chest pin, a steel treasure chest pin, a steel treasure chest pin, a steel treasure chest pin, a steel treasure chest pin, a steel treasure chest pin, a steel treasure chest pin, a steel treasure chest pin, a steel treasure chest pin, a steel treasure chest pin, a coconut shaped sapphire, a treasure chest shaped topaz, a coconut shaped topaz, a ballista shaped topaz, a steel treasure chest pin, a steel treasure chest pin and a cutlass shaped diamond.

Askip
02-04-2004, 10:24 AM
<< Askip's worse than me when it comes to knowing when to quit. >>

"There's no quitting in Treasure Hunt!". :D

Actually, it's like a poor-man's unlimited ticket raffle, 2k for a shot at a 5x or 6x item. I was just doing it for kicks to test my luck, I doubt there is anything there that I do not already have in a higher enchant.

Artha
02-05-2004, 12:38 PM
6k later...

a ballista shaped emerald, a gold studded mithril belaying pin, a bottle shaped emerald, an ornate studded mithril belaying pin.

Bobmuhthol
02-05-2004, 12:39 PM
Belaying pins = Awesome.

Latrinsorm
02-05-2004, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Bobmuhthol
Belaying pins = Awesome. What does belay actually mean? Cuz I thought it was to ignore, as in "belay that order, Corporal". But I don't get how that works with a pin.

Zir
02-05-2004, 01:22 PM
It also means to secure something or tie it down.

Bobmuhthol
02-05-2004, 01:25 PM
A belaying pin is a rapier. What does belay mean? I don't know or care.

Fallen
02-05-2004, 01:40 PM
I thought it was a thrown weapon. I know the Krol Corsiars and Slavers chuck them at you on the ship in RR.

I suppose they could be throwing a rapier at you..

Zir
02-05-2004, 01:52 PM
I dont think a belaying pin would make a very good rapier. It would be more like a cudgel.

[Edited on 2-5-2004 by Zir]

[Edited on 2-5-2004 by Zir]

Bobmuhthol
02-05-2004, 08:55 PM
1. It's a rapier.
2. I don't care what you think.
3. I had one like a year ago.

Sirinna
02-05-2004, 08:57 PM
Hmm did anyone actually find anything really decent from these Treasure Hunt?

Mint
02-06-2004, 03:01 AM
Originally posted by Sirinna
Hmm did anyone actually find anything really decent from these Treasure Hunt?

I have not even found the treasure hunt yet.

Galleazzo
02-06-2004, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Bobmuhthol
1. It's a rapier.
2. I don't care what you think.
3. I had one like a year ago.
A belaying pin is a frigging cudgel.

And yeah, I got some things at the Treasure hunt. A flared weapon and a couple of those neat jewels. I didn't spend too much.

Shalla
02-06-2004, 11:17 AM
I have never gotten so much hideous pins ever until I got addicted digging that treasure sand box. But I still hold a record of losing 9.3 mill from dragonbones in the past. I gained 40k this spitfire though :smilegrin:

Bobmuhthol
02-06-2004, 11:19 AM
<<A belaying pin is a frigging cudgel.>>

Well then mine was special, cause I had a 176 AS with it in GSIII with edged weapon training.

HarmNone
02-06-2004, 12:09 PM
Ummm...

The American HeritageŽ Dictionary of the English Language: Fourth Edition. 2000.

belaying pin

SYLLABICATION: beˇlayˇing pin
PRONUNCIATION: b-lng
NOUN: Nautical A short, removable wooden or metal pin fitted in a hole in the rail of a boat and used for securing running gear.

If I remember correctly, there is also a device used in mountain climbing (to control the run of the safety rope) that is called a "belaying pin".

HarmNone

Latrinsorm
02-06-2004, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by HarmNone
If I remember correctly, there is also a device used in mountain climbing (to control the run of the safety rope) that is called a "belaying pin".

HarmNone It's not really a pin, though, more like... well... imagine a metal slug, then carve two holes, leaving a slat in between. I don't really have a good way of describing it. But it's fun, mountain climbing. Unless you're afraid of heights. Then, not so much.

Galleazzo
02-06-2004, 01:23 PM
Man, if you climb mountains for fun, you must be some serious stud.

DianaBanana
02-07-2004, 02:17 PM
Where is the treasure hunt at? I've walked all over the place and I must be missing it...

Bobmuhthol
02-07-2004, 02:19 PM
From gangplank:

South, east, down, north, down, north, go hatch.

Give the halfling 2000 coins when you find him, dig sand.

DianaBanana
02-07-2004, 02:23 PM
Thanks again!