PDA

View Full Version : wtrick appraise

Danical
12-17-2008, 09:37 PM
The troll chieftain is large in size, about ten feet high in his current state, appears to be of extremely hardy constitution, is in an offensive stance, and is in relatively good shape.

1) Size
2) Height
3) ??? I've seen fit, sturdy, hardy, and extremely.
4) Stance
5) Health. I've seen decent, relatively good shape (100%).

I'd like to fill in 3 and 5. Anyone have any data points?

Gnomad
12-17-2008, 11:56 PM
Just played around a bit with Voln Punch, it looks like it breaks down like this:

Relatively good
Decent
Somewhat good
Somewhat poor
Poor
Very Poor
Extremely Poor
Close to death

You can be relatively good and under 100%, for what it's worth.

edit: only tested on 4 or 5 creatures, but that's definitely the order. Just might be missing one or two.

Danical
12-18-2008, 12:58 AM
I picked up Coup (what a waste) but I figured I'd stick it out for a while.

It'll shoot for poor before using it.

Bobmuhthol
12-18-2008, 01:01 AM
<<3) ??? I've seen fit, sturdy, hardy, and extremely.>>

This is the amount of max health that they have.

Stanley Burrell
12-18-2008, 01:04 AM
The troll chieftain is large in size, about ten feet high in his current state, appears to be of extremely hardy constitution, is in an offensive stance, and is in relatively good shape.

1) Size
2) Height
3) ??? I've seen fit, sturdy, hardy, and extremely.
4) Stance
5) Health. I've seen decent, relatively good shape (100%).

I'd like to fill in 3 and 5. Anyone have any data points?

If you can type out WTRICK APPRAISE to decide whether or not to Coup de Grace shit, then you need to take smaller doses of methamphetamine. Once you start hunting actual shit.

Bobmuhthol
12-18-2008, 01:07 AM
I used to PsiNet alias shit like that to 1 letter (a, z, etc.).

Baelog
12-18-2008, 02:30 AM
Weak - 67
Average - 89, 92, 103, 117
Fit - 120, 122, 124, 131, 134, 138, 143, 157, 160
Sturdy - 160, 182, 185
Hardy - 226, 235
Very Hardy -250, 262, 284

So, after a bit of Player research, this is what I've come up with...no, I don't have the slightest clue how 160 can be on the top end of Fit for one person and at the low end of Sturdy for another...

And, I'm guessing Extremely Hardy is in the 300+ range

Danical
12-18-2008, 03:19 AM
Awesome.

Yeah, the grimswarm giants I hunt have 600 HP I think. Fuckers.

Geijon Khyree
08-16-2016, 10:58 PM
Necro Necro Necro!

Archigeek
08-17-2016, 05:02 PM
I picked up Coup (what a waste) but I figured I'd stick it out for a while.

It'll shoot for poor before using it.

Coup is awesome. It helps if you are bonded. Better yet, grab a second wspec'd weapon for the off-hand two-weapon coup with extra bonus points to your CMAN roll. If you're hunting stunnable, but difficult to kill critters, coup is pretty effective.

Aganii
08-17-2016, 05:18 PM
+1 I love coup from an RP standpoint. If something is stunnable and has not died from an ambush or mstrike coup is usually an option. I have been meaning to ask someone to make a lich script that uses your current coup rank and wtrick appraise to attempt a coup at the right threshold.

Roblar
08-17-2016, 05:58 PM
If you're hunting stunnable, but difficult to kill critters, coup is pretty effective.

Or with noncorp, can add rank 2 of griffin cry, do a carn's cry and then coup (after sufficient HP damage).

My favorite was using coup on cerebralites to bypass that super PAINful cloak of shadows that messed me up (with lower TD) and required tons of Pinefar acantha tea.

Archigeek
08-17-2016, 09:58 PM
Or with noncorp, can add rank 2 of griffin cry, do a carn's cry and then coup (after sufficient HP damage).

My favorite was using coup on cerebralites to bypass that super PAINful cloak of shadows that messed me up (with lower TD) and required tons of Pinefar acantha tea.

Cerebralites are pretty much the perfect candidates, so long as the cloak doesn't get you much.

Roblar
08-17-2016, 10:11 PM
Yes, the days of berserking out of a bind, the Rift dispelling it off you, and a nearby cerebralite letting you kill yourself on that cloak...

They used to not be aimable but the cloak obviously doesn't trigger on a death blow so when it was changed to just be a large penalty for very small target, would try to hit and kill with a headshot (and eyes if that closed up), and if kept failing there - a coup.

That limited the potential blood loss to warrior bond double hits (too lazy to switch off) and wouldn't be fatal without a mstrike or berserk. Followed by alot of tea when dropped too low.

Crazy bounties.

Funny thing is the grizzled cerebralite never spawns with the same cloak spell and so is far easier then all the previous kills.