PDA

View Full Version : MTV and BET

Trinitis
02-02-2004, 07:17 PM
Speaking of MTV ..and throwing in BET..why the fuck do they play 90% of the rap music anyway? I mean honestly, who can understand it?

Example!

(Note, this song may be wrongly worded..but I just heard it on TV..so give me a break)

"I'm gonna get me a gansta girl. I'm gona get me a gansta girl. I'm __ in __ when I __ Oh __ yah."

"Cause ___ when we ____ When I ___ Oh ___ Yah. ___ In the ___ when we ___ cause ___ ____ ____ oh yah."

WTF?!

DaMaGe
02-02-2004, 07:19 PM
Yeah. I hate listening to HALF A FUCKING SONG BECAUSE THEY BLEEP ALL OF THE NAUGHTY WORDS.

What's the point?

-Adam

Artha
02-02-2004, 08:21 PM
Don't use the word music, it is inappropriate for the subject.

Drew2
02-02-2004, 08:44 PM
You all know nothing.

Zir
02-02-2004, 09:20 PM
MTV = BET

Latrinsorm
02-02-2004, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by Artha
Don't use the word music, it is inappropriate for the subject. Correct.

Artha
02-02-2004, 09:49 PM
You all know nothing.

Two words, Tayre: Magic stick.

Drew2
02-02-2004, 09:53 PM
Fuzzybean69: magic stick? wtf?
Fuzzybean69: is he hitting on you or something?

Artha
02-02-2004, 10:20 PM
Lyrics (http://www.lyricsstyle.com/l/lilkim/magicstick.html).

The unbelievable success of songs like 50 Cent's "In Da Club" and Lil' Kim's "Magic Stick" are proof that 2003 is the worst year on record for music. The current formula? Dumb things down so that we can all relate on the most basic, animalistic level... and to hell with any form of intelligence.

-music-critic.com (http://www.music-critic.com/breakdown/lilkim50cent_magicstick.htm)

[Edited on 2-3-2004 by Artha]

Snapp
02-02-2004, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by Zir
MTV = BET

MTV > BET because of some of their shows. I can't help but love shows like Real World, Road Rules, Inferno, Boiling Points, etc... Besides, they barely play any music anymore. They have MTV2 for that, and there really isn't any more rap on there than any other type of music.

Trinitis
02-02-2004, 11:38 PM
wow..that song is just..wow

peam
02-03-2004, 01:27 AM
Plenty of good records came out in 2003. You just have to know where to look.

Weedmage Princess
02-03-2004, 02:20 AM
MTV sucks.

Why call it MUSIC Television if they're going to put shit on like The Real World and Road Rules, and all the other crap that you can watch on regular free TV, etc. ??

As far as the crappy ass music that's out today...this is why my radio stays off most of the time. Once in a great while will I turn it on. And it's not just rap, either. Music as a whole has went downhill.

OMG I'm becoming my mother. Kill me.

Scott
02-03-2004, 02:28 AM
Perhaps they should play "Somewhere out there" from the American Tale/ Fivel Goes West.

Souzy
02-03-2004, 02:30 AM
I'm with Weedie on the radio thing. I hardly ever listen to the radio up here. I'll turn on 94.5 in the morning so I can catch the Jam scams, those things are kinda funny. Other than that, no radio for me.

Weedmage Princess
02-03-2004, 02:33 AM
No Sintik cause that song makes me cry.

Sean
02-03-2004, 02:33 AM
thats cause boston radio plays the same 5 songs over and over and over and they are like 6 months old.

Weedmage Princess
02-03-2004, 02:34 AM
You know something? You're absolutely right, Tijay. They do. Til this day if I hear "What's Love" by Fat Joe, I twitch and have vivid thoughts of bloody murder.

Scott
02-03-2004, 02:40 AM
Originally posted by Weedmage Princess
No Sintik cause that song makes me cry.

Somewhere out there
Beneath the pale moonlight
Someone's thinkin' of me
Aand loving me tonight

Somewhere out there
Someone's saying a prayer
That we'll find one another
In that big somewhere out there

And even though I know how very far apart we are
It helps to think we might be wishin' on the same bright star
And when the night wind starts to sing a lonesome lullaby
It helps to think we're sleeping underneath the same big sky

Somewhere out there if love can see us through
Then we'll be together
Somewhere out there
Out where dreams come true

Weedmage Princess
02-03-2004, 02:41 AM
STARE

peam
02-03-2004, 02:42 AM
Yeah, uh, yeah, yo, Weedie, I know you got issues.
You gotta man, but you need to understand that you got something with you.
Ass is fat, frame is little.
Tattoo in your chest, with his name in the middle
Uh, I'm not a hater I just crush a lot.
And the way you shake your booty; I don't want you to stop.
You need to come a little closer.
And let me put you under my arm like a Don is supposed ta.

Souzy
02-03-2004, 02:47 AM
Make Sintik seranade you with that song and I bet your ears will bleed as well.

All the radio stations here suck Sean! That's why I never listen to the radio, EVER! They still play that song that goes, "Let me clear my throat". I swear to you the radio stations sucks. Once in a blue moon on the weekend I'll tune into Hot 97.3, cos they do play some jams on the weekend. Too bad they only host during the weekend.

To stay on topic MTV sucks. And if you watch BET late enough, they put on all the booty videos late at night. Oh right, BET sucks too.

Skirmisher
02-03-2004, 02:51 AM
I dunno, I find the radio stations in the NY area to be ok.

Just have to scan around a bit.

Souzy
02-03-2004, 02:54 AM
Oh! They still play, "Push it" by Salt and Pepper here!

Jenisi
02-03-2004, 10:27 AM
Shoo Shoo Shaniqua!

J-Tech
02-03-2004, 10:51 AM
Look - Why does everyon bash hip hop? You dont see me sitting here bashing rock or some shit like that. I think people should have respect for other forms of music, thats incredibly disrespectful to the artists of the genre to not even consider what they make music... thats so incredibly rude cause you never lived the life they lived, growing up in extreme ghettos, having no money, getting your ass beat when you walk to school because you ran across a different crew than who you run with, or having guns pulled to your head at the age of 13 cause you live in bad neighbor hood, so what the fuck you expect them to rap about? Microsoft and Home and Garden magazines? - So before you go and bash someone for the music they make, why dont you take a second to think why they make that type of music...and maybe have respect for something someone else does, you dont see any rappers going on MTV and saying Adredrin is a fuckin nerd for posting on a GemStone IV message board do you...so why do you go on a msg board and post about how bad there music is, just dont fucking listen to it.

-John

Trinitis
02-03-2004, 11:58 AM
You seem to have missed my point J..

I don't hate hip-hop or rap. What I hate is the fact that they try to play these songs on a medum that will not allow the song to be played the way its ment. I don't give a fuck what someone says in a song..but listening to a song that has every other word removed is fucking stupid. If the song is going to be edited all to hell, why play the fucking thing?

Ai?

-Adredrin

[Edited on 2-3-2004 by LordAdredrin]

Weedmage Princess
02-03-2004, 12:08 PM
Peam..remember you posted where you live with Map Quest? ::sharpens her machete:: I saved it... ::twitch:: ::twitch::

CrystalTears
02-03-2004, 12:21 PM
Yo J-Tech, you really blew what was said out of proportion. Besides people have the right to comment on music if they'd like to. I'm not sure why you threw in their background as justification for some of the things they say. And if Snoop Dog wants to have a forum about how pathetic gamers are, more power to him. :P

The only problem I have with rap is some of the lyrics that they allow on them. And then people actually get upset over a boob on TV? So it's okay to call yourself a pimp or a whore and that you have the best milkshake and have a magic stick, and little kids walking around repeating this stuff, but oh no, take that little boob off the air, how insulting!

And then of course they remove "I'm a dick" from the Addicted song from Simple Plan, throwing that song off. There's no consistancy with the censorship. And personally I don't think there should be censorship with music, since once you go buy the song it's going to have the full version on there. May as well have the full version and have the radio stations and/or video channels have disclaimers every hour saying that some music or videos may be inappropriate for youngsters and let the parents do their job from there.

Nevermind, I'll go off on a tangent even bigger than this if I keep going.

J-Tech
02-03-2004, 12:27 PM
Eh - Sorry, i got into it with my uncle this morning and took it out here, i need to work on my anger issues...

-John

Latrinsorm
02-03-2004, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by J-Tech
Look - Why does everyon bash hip hop? You dont see me sitting here bashing rock or some shit like that. I think people should have respect for other forms of music, thats incredibly disrespectful to the artists of the genre to not even consider what they make music...It offends me as a musician to hear someone taking (or stealing, if you prefer) a "cut" from a third party's performance, slightly modifying it, and selling it. It deeply offends me to classify such theft as music. It is a disservice to music as a whole.

TheEschaton
02-03-2004, 02:09 PM
I like all music. That being said...

I hate whiny white rock. I mean, I like Linkin Park and Good Charlotte, but after awhile, it just grates on you. Is your life that fucking bad??? Are you really "one step closer" to the edge? To the edge of what? Being even more fucking depressed?

It's kind of amusing...I like my rap "real" (not about bitches and bling bling, but like Eminem and DMX, and Black Eyed Peas (so that's hip hop, sue me), etc, etc)...but I like my rock upbeat.

This being said, I was a huge Marilyn Manson fan back in the day. Still am. Heard a rumor that Tim Burton is going to remake Willy Wonka and the Chocolate factory with Manson as Wonka.

After the opening to "Portrait of the American Family", I can very much see that.

When I listen to the radio, it's usually 104.1 WBCN, or Jammin' 93.7. But they both suck, as do all stations. I do have a nice jazz station dialed in, though.

-TheE-

Galleazzo
02-03-2004, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by J-Tech
Look - Why does everyon bash hip hop? You dont see me sitting here bashing rock blah blah, I think people should have respect for other forms of music, thats incredibly disrespectful blah blah, thats so incredibly rude cause you never lived the life they lived, growing up in extreme ghettos, blah blah.
You know something, just because the singer was poor or black, doesn't mean the music doesn't suck wet rotting dockey cock.

It sucks. It'd suck if it was sung by "geto" boys and it'd suck if it was sung by rich white boys and it'd suck if it was sung by Eskimo oil tycoon debutants. It sucks coming and going, it sucks right and left, it sucks front and aft. It just sucks. And not very well either, 'cause it doesn't swallow.

(Now if you hate rock, sure, fucking hate that too. I don't care. Why should it matter a mouse's pecker length to me what kind of music you like or not?)

peam
02-03-2004, 02:19 PM
I probably have the best music taste on the board, so if you guys ever need any help, feel free to IM me.

CrystalTears
02-03-2004, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by TheEschaton
This being said, I was a huge Marilyn Manson fan back in the day. Still am. Heard a rumor that Tim Burton is going to remake Willy Wonka and the Chocolate factory with Manson as Wonka.

Ack! No! Unless he's playing an Oompa Loompa, Willy Wonka is going to be played by Johnny Depp. Heh, that was a vicious little rumor.

To stay on topic, I like all kinds of music. I just think the music lately all sounds like the same thing. All the girls sound the same, all the boys sound the same, and all the rappers sing about being pimps. Blech.

Bobmuhthol
02-03-2004, 03:10 PM
<<that you can watch on regular free TV>>

MTV = Free.

Betheny
02-03-2004, 03:53 PM
Wait, Music Television plays music still? :?: I thought it was all Carson Daly and Newlyweds and Real World/Road Rules now. I can't remember a time when I actually turned MTV on and heard music other than in an advertisement.

Oh wait, yes I can. The video was Money for Nothing. And it was new.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
02-03-2004, 03:59 PM
Come on now! You know you can't wait to watch RW SD tonight and find out what happens to the chick in jail.

Betheny
02-03-2004, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage
Come on now! You know you can't wait to watch RW SD tonight and find out what happens to the chick in jail.

Erm... THAT'S NOT THE POINT!!!

...It's on tonight?

You'll still never get me hooked on Survivor. :smug:

Weedmage Princess
02-03-2004, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Bobmuhthol
<<that you can watch on regular free TV>>

MTV = Free.

Uh, last I checked, MTV was a cable channel and you pay for cable. When I say regular free TV..I mean free as in you plug your tv into the wall, not connecting it to any cables or any boxes, not hooking it up to any satelite dish, and what comes on. ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, UPN, PBS, etc.

Bobmuhthol
02-03-2004, 04:06 PM
What's on MTV, you can't see on ABC.

Edited to add: Punk'd and Viva La Bam are le best. MTV is dumb, though.

[Edited on 2-3-2004 by Bobmuhthol]

Weedmage Princess
02-03-2004, 04:08 PM
You know what I meant, Bob..don't be a smart ass ::kick::

Zir
02-03-2004, 04:10 PM
Half the hit songs of today are just remakes of old songs that were hits 20 and 30 years ago. It's the same with movies. Nobody's original anymore.

Iriscience
02-03-2004, 04:24 PM
In that G-Unit song. The very first line, they bleep out VMAs (video music awards). What the hell is that all about?

They also bleep out "Again" at the end of that new Tupac and Biggie song, Runnin.

Latrinsorm
02-03-2004, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by peam
I probably have the best music taste on the board, so if you guys ever need any help, feel free to IM me. Yeah, but you look like a banker in your avatar, so I don't think anyone can trust you anymore. You went NARC.

Galleazzo
02-04-2004, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Zir
Half the hit songs of today are just remakes of old songs that were hits 20 and 30 years ago. It's the same with movies. Nobody's original anymore.
Half of the hit songs 20-30 years ago were remakes of songs 10-20 years before THAT.

Zakre
02-06-2004, 03:08 AM
I Like some rap actually, not all but some