PDA

View Full Version : What is your preferred method of torture?

Dighn Darkbeam
07-15-2003, 11:48 AM
Ever since I first learned the spell of Blood Burst I have enjoyed torturing both creatures and adventurers alike whenever the chance arises. It is quite obvious to me that when the Powers That Be made our glorious profession they fully intended for sorcerers to spend large amounts of time simply killing for the simple enjoyment of the experience.

I now ask the other practitioners of the dark arts what is their preferred method of sorcerous torture? Do you simply disrupt a creatures internal functions until death or are you the type that would induce lingering pain with spells such as nightmare, disease and curse?

The next time you find yourself with a bit of free time and mana, perhaps you should ponder this question: "When was the last time I took a good five minutes to kill a lesser burrow orc?"

Even us sorcerers need some "Me" time.

Dighn Darkbeam
Kris na Su'ta

Parkbandit
07-15-2003, 12:08 PM
Torture... ah.. the lost art.

My favorite method is the use of a limb disruption scroll. You blow off all their limbs and watch them bleed out. It works well with an old cleric binding them and a wizard sleeping them.

Doesn't it Candor.... heh

Prestius
07-15-2003, 01:09 PM
One of my favorite torture methods is to Stun, Disease, Limb Disrupt, Pain, then beat the victim to death with its own limb while its pustules drip yellow goo everywhere.

Another favorite is to stun, web, and force them to listen to my Sorc Poetry until they beg for death.

-P

Gokkem
07-15-2003, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Prestius

Another favorite is to stun, web, and force them to listen to my Sorc Poetry until they beg for death.

-P

OMG how horrible! Prestius, you are an evil evil man!

Scott
07-15-2003, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by Parkbandit
Torture... ah.. the lost art.

My favorite method is the use of a limb disruption scroll. You blow off all their limbs and watch them bleed out. It works well with an old cleric binding them and a wizard sleeping them.

Doesn't it Candor.... heh

Works nice in town too for those people who hide in town to avoid being killed. Blow off all their limbs, stun them, then blood burst.....

[Edited on 7-16-2003 by Gemstone101]

Parkbandit
07-16-2003, 09:03 AM
I heard blood burst now can crit? I don't want to kill the little fools.. because that is exactly why they come to annoy me.. to see if they can goat me into killing them.

I now have a disease scroll and a limb disrupt scroll.. I'm good to go for a week or two.

Dighn Darkbeam
07-16-2003, 10:39 AM
If the spell Blood burst is cast 10 times in rapid succession, the tenth cast will result in death. Not too shabby.

I suppose creatures/people without alot of blood might die when casting as you take up to 32 hps of blood with every cast depending on the previous casts and endroll.

To be safe in town? Cast it no more than 2 or 3 times unless you know the person has a decent amount of blood.

Kris na Su'ta

Bobmuhthol
07-16-2003, 10:48 AM
The crit is on the tenth cast? I always thought it was fifth. Oh well.

You can kill with blood burst in town. And it's fun.

Dighn Darkbeam
07-16-2003, 10:54 AM
Wait....I can kill with the crit and still not get fined?

Bobmuhthol
07-16-2003, 10:59 AM
I'm fairly certain. But, if it takes 10 casts, it's not really worth it. Just let 'em bleed.

Dighn Darkbeam
07-16-2003, 11:13 AM
Stun *shrugs*

Scott
07-16-2003, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by Dighn Darkbeam
Wait....I can kill with the crit and still not get fined?

I'm pretty sure, since I've done it before I think. I never checked how many I got off before they died, but I'm assuming it was 10 because it was a rapid fire bloodburst.

Artha
07-31-2003, 11:44 PM
It's 10 to 12. I remember hunting warcats like that at 18.

Dighn Darkbeam
08-01-2003, 08:51 AM
If you take too long or just get bad luck and the creature regains health you will have to bloodburst it again

Razorfish
08-31-2003, 08:25 PM
...Another favorite is to stun, web, and force them to listen to my Sorc Poetry until they beg for death.
-P

My brother Rooster is actually a pretty good poet for a sorcorer....then again maybe its because he invokes pain infliction before he recites...
:smilegrin:

Khaitiff
09-01-2003, 05:27 PM
Well I prefer the method of Stunning them into Oblivion, Limb Disrupting every possible Limb, have a Wizard handy for some Unpain to keep em alive long eough for a couple of Nightmares....Not that I do this often.

Halfsilver
09-01-2003, 05:36 PM
My sorc is fond of Nightmare

Also, popping your eye out of your skull and using it to kill people by simply looking at them is an enjoyable pass-time, as well.

-grays

AnticorRifling
09-02-2003, 12:35 PM
Poetry as torture? Sounds like the hitch hikers guide to the galaxy to me heh.

I carry around a picture of Bob and show it to people until they do one of the following:

1) Scratch their own eyes out.
2) Beg for death
3) Bite their own tounge so bad that they choke and drown on their own blood.

It's cruel so I only use it on people that really, really, deserve it.

Prestius
09-03-2003, 08:03 PM
>> Poetry as torture? Sounds like the hitch hikers guide to the galaxy to me heh. <<

Heh .. I wish I could claim the original idea ... but ..

I did so much love the idea of Vogon Poetry that I just couldn't resist bringing it into GS ;-)

My new pasttime: Sorc Bowling!

Basically the foul line is TSNW. Stand there and cast Quake. Then run into TSC and see how many "pins" you knocked down. Repeat until you get forcibly ejected from town.

It does require patience since it can take a few minutes for the pins to "reset" between frames.

<grin>

-P

Khaitiff
09-04-2003, 09:52 PM
My god that book was funny from start to finish, to many parts of the book to even begin to list a few spots being when Arthur asks the computer to make tea and when the missles get turned into the flower and whale. Classic twisted humor at its best.

Trinitis
09-05-2003, 06:41 PM
>> Poetry as torture? Sounds like the hitch hikers guide to the galaxy to me heh. <<

Heh .. I wish I could claim the original idea ... but ..

I did so much love the idea of Vogon Poetry that I just couldn't resist bringing it into GS ;-)

My new pasttime: Sorc Bowling!

Basically the foul line is TSNW. Stand there and cast Quake. Then run into TSC and see how many "pins" you knocked down. Repeat until you get forcibly ejected from town.

It does require patience since it can take a few minutes for the pins to "reset" between frames.

<grin>

-P

No no no, Hobgoblin bowling! You get everyone to stand at the bottom of the hill, you wait at the top for a hobgoblin, as soon as one shows up, stun, then limb disrupt both arms, then a leg, then run down to see how many people you knock over!

:bouncy:
-Adredrin