PDA

View Full Version : Coding question

Mateius
12-14-2008, 05:24 AM
Is there a way to set up a script so that it just continues on if none of the matchwait matches are made?

for example:

match GO Barney arrives.
match SIT Barney leaves.
matchwait

GO:
put west

SIT:
put sit
--------------

so if barney never arrives and never leaves can I make it so the script executes another action?

Mateius
12-14-2008, 06:40 AM
heh, if yer gonna comment make it public.

Sean of the Thread
12-14-2008, 06:57 AM
Tard

onurb
12-14-2008, 09:05 AM
Is there a way to set up a script so that it just continues on if none of the matchwait matches are made?

for example:

match GO Barney arrives.
match SIT Barney leaves.
matchwait

GO:
put west

SIT:
put sit
--------------

so if barney never arrives and never leaves can I make it so the script executes another action?

start:
put infuse 20
match go Barney arrives.
match sit Barney leaves.
match any You feel at full magical power again.
matchwait

go:
put west
goto start

sit:
put sit
goto start

any:
(anything you want to do)

Deathravin
12-14-2008, 09:16 AM
Or you could play an instrument... really anything with a known time that the action will give you a reaction at a pre-determined time.

Or you could just get lich and not have to worry about finding ways around coding limitations in wiz scripts.

Bobmuhthol
12-14-2008, 01:36 PM
Yeah, the JSE specifically has a command for this that will continue after x seconds without a match.

Mateius
12-14-2008, 05:23 PM
Not familiar with JSE and Lich. Where can I get more info?

And like I said before sean of the thread, fuuuuck off.

Deathravin
12-21-2008, 12:01 PM
Well Lich has it's own folder here... http://forum.gsplayers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=104

The top thread is the website.
Lich is pretty cool, I suggest trying to get version 3.56 instead of 3.57 - 3.57 doesn't keep your times for magic when you log out (if you use PsiNet too, it's less of a problem)