PDA

View Full Version : Google Labs

Keller
12-11-2008, 03:24 PM
To Kranar or anyone else:

How do I activate Google Labs?

There are a couple of new services I'd like to use, but I can't find them under my settings tab. After some brief research some people advised downloading the labs application -- but then I couldn't find anything under the google labs page.

Any advice?

Kayse
12-11-2008, 03:33 PM
Two ways:

In gmail in the upper right hand corner there is a little green lab tube or beaker. Click that and it takes you right to google labs with all the apps. Or you can go to settings, which is right next to the beaker. Once that opens the second to last tab says "Labs."

Once you're there you just enable which ones you want and hit save at the bottom of the page.

I hope that's what you mean. That's all I had to do to use certain ones.

EDIT: Once again I FAIL at typing

Keller
12-11-2008, 03:58 PM
I have neither the beaker nor the tab.

:(

CrystalTears
12-11-2008, 03:59 PM
http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=29418&hl=en

Gmail labs aren't yet compatible with all of our supported browsers. Labs are available only in Internet Explorer 7.0+, Firefox 2.0+, Safari 3.0+, and Google Chrome. You won't see a 'Labs' tab in your Settings if you're not using the newer version of Gmail on the browsers listed above. Please note that if you're using Internet Explorer 6.0, you will not have Gmail Labs.

Keller
12-11-2008, 04:00 PM
Gmail labs aren't yet compatible with all of our supported browsers. Labs are available only in Internet Explorer 7.0+, Firefox 2.0+, Safari 3.0+, and Google Chrome. You won't see a 'Labs' tab in your Settings if you're not using the newer version of Gmail on the browsers listed above. Please note that if you're using Internet Explorer 6.0, you will not have Gmail Labs.

My work image must have a shitty browser. And we're not supposed to switch from this one. =(

Keller
12-11-2008, 04:00 PM
CT beat me by a hair.

CrystalTears
12-11-2008, 04:02 PM
Nothing but :love: