PDA

View Full Version : The first character you created was a...?

longshot
07-15-2003, 11:08 AM
I think most people probably started in the very beginning as a warrior, and then moved on to something else.

A few people, intimidated by the complexities of other classes, have probably chosen to stick with their first warrior creations... a couple of names come to mind. :P

Ilvane
07-15-2003, 11:11 AM
I started as a bard. I ventured over to empath about a year later, and then warrior about a another year later, and really enjoyed it.

Ilvane is my main character, so being a warrior was my best choice. I love being a bard too, because I have two of them now, one halfling one human.

-A

Dighn Darkbeam
07-15-2003, 11:24 AM
My first character was a Dark elven Sorcerer, as have(had?) been every (non-mule) character I have ever and will ever create.

Kris na Su'ta

Parkbandit
07-15-2003, 12:02 PM
My first character was a giantman warrior named Hissan. He was trained in edged weaponry and used a beautiful alexandrite greatsword some fool left on the ground. Took me 9 trainings to figure out why his swing stunk so much.

Taernath
07-15-2003, 12:50 PM
First character was a dwarven warrior named Guideaxe. He used two-handed weapons, and I was very proud of myself when I got my first special order done: a golden steel greatsword. The only problem was even though he *used* THW, he didn't *train* in them, so his AS stunk. He didn't make it past 2 trains because he killed someone at the well, and the fine (I want to say it was 10k) was too much to even comprehend at the time. :)

Ahh, memories.

He was trained in edged weaponry and used a beautiful alexandrite greatsword some fool left on the ground. Took me 9 trainings to figure out why his swing stunk so much.

Haha.. I debated with myself whether to go with steel or alexandrite for my greatsword when I first made it. I figured that since it was a choice, there must be something good about it.

peam
07-15-2003, 12:55 PM
My first character I remember was a dwarf warrior using polearms. I actually read up on the subject before I started playing, so I wasn't trained TOO badly.

I'm not sure because it's been so long ago, but I remember him using a halberd one-handed. Were halberds one-handed weapons at one point, or is my memory just fuzzy?

I think I got up to around level 8 with him because I remember hunting specteral fisherman with ease. Man, were they rich then. Could make 10-20K a hunt, which was a fortune to me.

After the dwarf, I played a dark elven sorcerer named Omoa Scottsman (<--Doh!) I think I got up to level 11 or 12 with him before I realized the name Scottsman was horribly out of genre, especially for a dark elf. My specialty with Omoa was dueling. I used to hang out with Andromatis back when the dinghy was the dueling grounds.

Next came... Wa-Na-Na! Peam. I've played him off and on for a good while now, but I'm considering giving a permenant retirement, as there is only so much you can do with one character.

/end life story.

Edaarin
07-15-2003, 12:59 PM
My first was a giantman bard named Isintari. I couldn't get his spellsongs to work because I kept trying to cast them instead of sing them.

My second was a giant warrior named Galadadril. Galadriel gave me 10k to reroll and change my name.

Captain Amby
07-15-2003, 01:12 PM
::laughs:: that's pretty funny Edaarin.

My first character I started in hrrm 1994 or 1995, when GS came to AOHell.

She was a giantwoman rogue by the name of Kassie. I later came back in the game, tried to get my name back but couldnt 'cause someone took it. So then I took Kassy. I later met the girl who took the name "Kassie" and she told me that the reason why she took *that* name was because "Kassy" her original character's name, was taken. LOL.. it was pretty funny at the time. I called her my mirror twin.

My ex boyfriend outta realms demoniced Kassy, along with everyone else I had (by the way his name is ZODAC in here.. if he ever comes back *stay away* he's crazy) So I started over.. I wont let some asshole like that defeat me. ::Grins:: I'm happier now, than I was then. I think that's the best revenge of all.

Gokkem
07-15-2003, 01:46 PM
Great stories. My first character was a rogue. I had ZERO clue about how to train, so it was just a hodgepodge of 1x this when I felt like it. Well got him to about 5, until I missed one of those jaw (?) traps. The kind that lops your hand off. I freaked out, had no hand. I read the official simu documents, and it made a reference that if you get injured it can be permanant! So I thought: I don't want no gimped one handed rogue forever, so I deleted him and quit. 6 months later I was looking for a new game to play and stumbled across GS again, except this time I downloaded guides and learned the game before rolling a character up.

[Edited on 07-15-03 by Gokkem]

Parkbandit
07-15-2003, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Captain Amby My ex boyfriend outta realms demoniced Kassy, along with everyone else I had (by the way his name is ZODAC in here.. if he ever comes back *stay away* he's crazy) So I started over.. I wont let some asshole like that defeat me. ::Grins:: I'm happier now, than I was then. I think that's the best revenge of all.

You call him crazy... and you were the fool that dated him :P

Captain Amby
07-15-2003, 02:02 PM
I know.. its when I tried to get *out* of the relationship, he turned psycho. I just had the feeling he wasnt right for me... always trust your instincts!

CrystalTears
07-15-2003, 02:47 PM
The first time I ever rolled up a character was a rogue and I wasn't sure about how to place the stats so she came out REALLY bad. It wasn't until she was 14 that I realized how bad it was going to be. She was engaged to a warrior who wanted her to join CoL with him and when I glanced at the sign costs, I had a feeling it wouldn't work out and I would never tell him why through shame, until I finally broke down and told him that I only had 3 spirit and no mana. :lol:

Needless to say I rerolled her then and there and I kept playing her ever since. Karystal was and is my favorite character. Gemlynn the ranger is a real close second and Karystina the empath the third. Never could get into the other professions.

[Edited on 7/15/2003 by CrystalTears]

Chyrain
07-15-2003, 03:01 PM
My first character was a Wizard named Damina. I got her up to about...eh 11 trains or so and realized that I hated being a wizard. So then I rerolled Damina into an Empath. But I still didn't know anything about game mechanics so she was a total autoroll...and she couldn't dodge a drunk turtle, but I advanced her so far as an empath that I didn't want to start over. Thank goodness for this past reallocation because now she's a fantastic hunter and healer...I've yet to venture into looking how the new game will affect her. I'm skeered.

I've had every profession though...but I like my ranger the best. She's way fun.

vigilante
07-15-2003, 03:03 PM
"I used to hang out with Andromatis back when the dinghy was the dueling grounds. "

You hung out with Andromatis on purpose? Rarely have the lands seen such sniveling immaturity as that one. Classic all bark and no bite!

Makkah
07-15-2003, 03:03 PM
First serious character was a dark elven magical rogue I got to 75 and sold (rolled in 1998?). Second character is now a human (Tehir) bard (rolled in 1999?).

rht

Ilvane
07-15-2003, 04:11 PM
Amby, I didn't know you were Kassy too!!! I wondered what happened to her!

-A

peam
07-15-2003, 04:14 PM
I hung out with Andromatis because he liked to duel too. I wasn't too worried about maturity. I was probably 14-15 at the time.

Gokkem
07-15-2003, 04:23 PM
Heh Andromatis...haven't heard that name in a long time. He's a rl friend to me.....anyone else know what recent snot he played? Give you a hint, a jerk 2he warrior....anyone guess?

vigilante
07-15-2003, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Gokkem
Heh Andromatis...haven't heard that name in a long time. He's a rl friend to me.....anyone else know what recent snot he played? Give you a hint, a jerk 2he warrior....anyone guess?

That fat little dwarf that used to think over the amunet about CLAIDING folks, just like Andromatis (odd!). Bah, I cannot remember his name but I do know of who you speak. He got owned quite a bit at the boulder.

Gokkem
07-15-2003, 04:42 PM
Before the warrior he played Kroviec the wizard. He was 50ish and I saw him take out quite a few 70, 80, 90 even 100 train folks. Inviso, blue crystal, sign of madness, call wind then spam 910 takes out the best of em. Course that was before 910 got nerfed.

[Edited on 07-15-03 by Gokkem]

vigilante
07-15-2003, 04:44 PM
Sounds like him...also, he used a fair amount of feras weapons as his warrior and just multi-striked. It was really "COOL " (one of his favorite words).

Bobmuhthol
07-15-2003, 04:51 PM
The only people that are commonly associated with feras weapons are Bobmuhthol and Burzmalli. I'd say it isn't Bobmuhthol. Just a hunch.

vigilante
07-15-2003, 05:19 PM
Burzmalli is correct -- yup yup. Had to respect him for doing it all spell-less though, even if he did talk like a 20th century suburban punk.

Gokkem
07-15-2003, 05:23 PM
Yes, it was Burzmalli. I used to hate his guys, until I got to know him. Even then I distanced myself in game from him. I still talk to him on IM's today; and there are many things you can say about him, but I give him credit for getting people off their powerhunting asses to interact with him. Granted, they all wanted to rip his head off but he got them away from powerhunting.

And, yes, he never used spells. Even when I'd offer him spells he would refuse. Yeah, he got owned on the boulder a few times but what boulder faithfuls don't?

Guy roleplayed an ass, but he's not a bad guy in RL. Heh as long as you dont' piss him off when he's drinking....one of them crazy drunks.

Skirmisher
07-15-2003, 05:47 PM
It was around 94 and my first character was an empath that would hunt in the cats and heal anyone i could while in there.

I didnt know anything about mass defensive spells. I didnt read anything (duh) and was totally winging it.

Bank? What bank? I held what little money I had on me. I still remember the first time I ventured outside town when coaxed by a sorcerer friend. They took me hunting hobgolins in hobland and I can remember my heart pounding sure I was going to be killed any moment.

Later I have played a rogue, a fighter, a wizard and a sorcerer, but my first was a wannabe warpath :D

Bobmuhthol
07-15-2003, 05:51 PM
My first character was Bobmuhthol. In 2001. And I own. Bobmuhthol has been a warrior, a rogue, a wizard, and a cleric.

vigilante
07-15-2003, 06:22 PM
The first character I played was a quick-gen dwarf warrior, Spring '96. His name was Schrubb. He was handed a crystal amulet by a very nice Lady, who also guided him around a bit and introduced him to rats. I hunted him to about twelve trainings, got bored and put him to rest in favor of more 'interesting' classes. Since then, I've been both a giant sorcerer (battle sorcerer), dark elf sorcerer (back when tripling and CS were everything), and a dwarven bard. That's pretty much it.

Xcalibur
07-15-2003, 06:25 PM
Sallazarre, war mage, most powerful there was ;)

longshot
07-16-2003, 07:00 AM
My first character was a human warrior. I thought it was great that I could kill hill trolls at 5 trains... made it to about 10 or 11, then rerolled. I don't even remember his name.

I've been a ranger ever since.

:smilegrin:

Bestatte
07-16-2003, 09:37 AM
My first character was a sylvankind empath named Jasminpetal Neroli. I was new to gaming, had never played D&D or any other tabletop or live-action game, and checked out Gemstone on a whim when I was bored one day and looked over the highlights page on Prodigy.

I didn't understand squat about stats or training even though I had read all the documentation. I didn't know how to log events with Prodigy's front end (which was kinda like a Unix thing), and I made really stupid mistakes mechanics-wise. But I LOVED the idea of roleplaying, pretending to be something fantastical in a magical world.

Eventually I realized Jasminpetal was unviable, and I rerolled her into a human warrior. That got boring really quick, though it was still fun roleplaying. I created a new character with another account, Bestatte Oleanna, and phased Jasminpetal out because being a Sorceress was just TOO much fun. To this day, I still love the idea of sorcery in GS, the variety of spells to augment the RP.

But my first experience with any roleplaying at all was goofy Jasminpetal Neroli with her glittery golden clothes, who never made it past level 7 and couldn't hit a rat to save her life.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
07-16-2003, 01:32 PM
My first character was Kaemar Kalindarn, giantman warrior. He actually survived to 20th level, which was quite the accomplishment for me back in those days.

However, Tayvin was born somewhere around Kaemar's 10th year...and quickly became my favorite. Originally Tayvin was a half-elf voln mage, whom I rerolled at 34, to a halfling COL mage, whom I rerolled at 26 again, and of course he is still a halfling COL mage now, at 82. Soon to die a horrible death I'm sure when GS4 comes out.

I also have 19 other chars, lol.

Parkbandit
07-16-2003, 01:57 PM
Didn't Mytmo already die to a most horrible death? I can't think of anything more horrible than having your character die at the hands of Warclaidhm.

Let him do it. :P

Suppa Hobbit Mage
07-16-2003, 03:06 PM
Remind me to kill you

Parkbandit
07-16-2003, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage
Remind me to kill you

At least it wouldn't be at the hands of Warclaidhm!

:bouncy:

Suppa Hobbit Mage
07-16-2003, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Parkbandit

Originally posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage
Remind me to kill you

At least it wouldn't be at the hands of Warclaidhm!

:bouncy:

No, it would be death by the hands of the father of the child that was killed by Warclaidhm.

A thousand deaths worse!

Hips
07-17-2003, 02:01 AM
My first & only character (the rest I use for their lockers) is a rangeress.

Warriorbird
07-18-2003, 07:24 AM
Tilmer, a Giantman warrior. Lasted till like 10th.

Ben
07-18-2003, 10:20 AM
I had a half elf rogue on AOL named Hawkeye or something equally stupid, got him to like level 5 then played a million other characters then finally started Scarecrow, titled him in almost every profession, got banned like 50 times then I started Njorn and got banned.

AnticorRifling
07-21-2003, 05:06 PM
My first character was/is Anticor, a big sword swinging giantman wizard. I hadn't read too much into what classes, races, etc did what but I figured giants would be strong and wizards would be good at magic so combining them sounded like a good idea.

My stats I placed on guess work and I realized later, after I researched everything, that I hadn't placed them real bad but they could have been alot better (my ST,AU,LO, and IN had all maxed at 43 so much for growth :cool: )

I've rolled 12+ characters since I first rolled Anti but he's my favorite even if a few I have are better hunters.

StrayRogue
07-23-2003, 12:23 PM
First character was a rogue named Malus Ironfang who came about about a year before the big Brig invasion, a dark elf. Being new to the game I picked up and kept EVERYTHING. Encumberance wasn't around then, so I had a backpack with every weapon available (I somehow thought, even though I trained in poles, a halberd would come in useful). I even had a obsidian broadsword until I was told it was like -5 AS simply because I thought it was "kewl".

AnticorRifling
07-23-2003, 02:00 PM
Hah I know how you feel when it comes to liking items that turn out to be nothing special. My first gift in the game was an onyx studded black leather thigh-sheath I thought it was the greatest thing didn't find out for a year that it was from the rogue's guild heh.

AestheticDeath
07-25-2003, 10:36 AM
Id have to say that although I didnt know him as Andromatis (it was before my time) when he played Burzmalli, I had alot of fun being around him. He could always do something that would catch your attention, or make you laugh. He was a pretty good warrior too. I had no problems with him that I can remember.

Zacciwie
07-25-2003, 04:50 PM
I can't remember my first character. I know I rerolled like 5 times before I ended up with Zacciwie, my first permanent character. That was back in '98 I believe. The earliest thing I can really remember is right before the Breg war began and all the people in Landing were closing their windows and doors and such and people were taking shelter in the Houses.

I still remember Mystra sitting me down at a table in Icemule and explaining to me all about placing stats and such....

I miss the days when I wandered around in complete awe (even though it took *forever* (1 1/2 yrs) before I realized I wasn't in the same town the whole time)... I remember getting stuck at Voln. I couldn't figure out that I had to GO PATH or somesuch to get out.

Oh! I remember when the Spitfire came around about that time. It was soo much fun wandering around the ship and gawking at all the things for sale. The day the ship arrived was my first time visiting Hearthstone. Boy were there a lot of people at Hearthstone back then. I can't even remember who all was there.

Ilvane
07-25-2003, 05:07 PM
Zacciwie!!! Where have you been! :-P

-A

Zacciwie
07-26-2003, 03:59 PM
Had some rl problems to deal with so I took a break. Wish I could've come back in time to not miss all the fun quests going on (those v'reen morphs sound so cool). Looks like I'll be back when GS4 goes live... hopefully. Though, I'm not sure I'll be able to get Zacciwie back.

I can't wait to play around with the new skills and systems!

StrayRogue
07-27-2003, 12:39 AM
Yeah, everything was so big and amazing. And so many people. I really wish I could get that feeling of amazement again.

Kailya
08-06-2003, 01:45 PM
Rogues are the best. ;)

Artha
08-06-2003, 11:35 PM
I don't remember...it was probably a sorcerer. I got him to level 1, decided getting to level 2 was too hard, and rerolled.