PDA

View Full Version : 6x, Masterful Crit Padded, 26 pound full plate

Drunken Durfin
12-09-2008, 08:12 PM
You tap some glossy black vultite plate covered with an erratic lightning pattern in red glaes

Oh, and it has lightning resistance too! (and every so slightly vulnerable to slashing attacks)

>assess my plate
You assess the plate for structural weaknesses and strengths.

Examining the plate closely, it looks like it's masterfully padded against critical blows.

Min Bid: $1300 flat or $1000 with a nice set of plate to trade in.

Not real happy with the silver market now, so cash is preferred.

I will entertain Trade/Cash/Silver combo offers.

PM here, AIM if I am around: DrunkenDurfin

Drunken Durfin
12-09-2008, 10:34 PM
Weight correction:

As you sing, you feel a faint resonating vibration from the black vultite plate in your hand, and you learn something about it...

The first thing that strikes you about the plate is the weight, which is about 23 pounds.

Drunken Durfin
12-14-2008, 02:39 PM
Wow. So far the only offer I have gotten on this is 100mil silver. Looks like I will be taking this one to the grave with me.

Sad panda.

Khariz
12-14-2008, 03:10 PM
Wow. So far the only offer I have gotten on this is 100mil silver. Looks like I will be taking this one to the grave with me.

Sad panda.

Yeah, nobody is buying anything right now, if it's worth anything.

Sean of the Thread
12-14-2008, 03:30 PM
Nothing is worth anything.

GS = dead/dying. I wouldn't drop a dime on the shit now.

Khariz
12-14-2008, 08:11 PM
Nothing is worth anything.

GS = dead/dying. I wouldn't drop a dime on the shit now.

Funny thing is, I find exactly the opposite to be true. As the game dies, and only the most hardcore are left, the uber awesome high end shit becomes worth only more.

If anyone wants it, they'll have to pay the price.

Stretch
12-14-2008, 08:38 PM
I have some shares of Bear Stearns that I can sell you for $90.

Widgets
12-14-2008, 08:45 PM
Funny thing is, I find exactly the opposite to be true. As the game dies, and only the most hardcore are left, the uber awesome high end shit becomes worth only more.

Or if no one wants it, they won't pay the price...And you'll be sitting on items that aren't selling for anything :(

Khariz
12-14-2008, 09:11 PM
Or if no one wants it, they won't pay the price...And you'll be sitting on items that aren't selling for anything :(

Doesn't bother me. There will be a groupie who wants it some day. If not, I'll be glad to retain it unto death.

Jahira
12-14-2008, 09:12 PM

It doesn't seem to make sense. With more people, the more chance someone will pay said price. As people leave and only the hardcore remain, there just isn't as much demand.

Plus, there are enough uber items out there that these hardcore players will have what they want and a set of masterfully padded plate won't be worth it because they won't want to replace their uber set of armor.

EDIT: But don't get me wrong. If I was playing and had a warrior, I would pretty much give anything for that plate.

Khariz
12-14-2008, 09:16 PM
It doesn't seem to make sense. With more people, the more chance someone will pay said price. As people leave and only the hardcore remain, there just isn't as much demand.

Plus, there are enough uber items out there that these hardcore players will have what they want and a set of masterfully padded plate won't be worth it because they won't want to replace their uber set of armor.

Nah, the people who stay are the diehard, the hardcore, the people that actually give a shit about the high end anyway (or hardcore emo roleplayers who never gave a shit about gear anyway).

The people that left...besides a very small percentage, weren't the people that would have ever spent the big real life bucks on this game anyway.

Jahira
12-14-2008, 09:25 PM
I agree. Very rarely do the people who would be willing to invest that type of money leave.

But with a shrinking number of players, your chance of finding that random person who just wants an uber item and has disposable income goes way down. I think this fits into the law of large numbers.

Khariz
12-14-2008, 09:54 PM
I agree. Very rarely do the people who would be willing to invest that type of money leave.

But with a shrinking number of players, your chance of finding that random person who just wants an uber item and has disposable income goes way down. I think this fits into the law of large numbers.

In principle, your point is true. Durfin and I personally know 90% of the people that would be *actually* interested in this type of thing (and capable of purchasing it based on past behavior). I could name them all off the top of my head.

Listing stuff like this is a courtesy to the other 10% we don't know, and other people who might like to get into this "black market" stuff. It's there that the law of large numbers would come into this equation.

So yeah...technically more people would raise the chances of selling this. I concede that.

Jahira
12-14-2008, 09:59 PM
Just because I don't play anymore. How many potential players would you think actually have the means to acquire and would want an item of this quality?

thefarmer
12-14-2008, 10:28 PM

There's never enough uber items.

Jahira
12-14-2008, 10:35 PM
There's never enough uber items.

Point taken.

Drunken Durfin
12-18-2008, 04:59 PM
I'll go as low as $1000, but you have to have a good set of plate to swap me as well.

Rocktar
12-19-2008, 12:33 PM

Key point... AND has disposable income....

Right now, no one is buying much of anything and most of us don't have the money even for a steal of a deal on a high level character we would kill to get because of the economy and the tightening of belts in preparation or fear of layoffs.

Rocktar

Jahira
12-19-2008, 01:15 PM
Key point... AND has disposable income....

Right now, no one is buying much of anything and most of us don't have the money even for a steal of a deal on a high level character we would kill to get because of the economy and the tightening of belts in preparation or fear of layoffs.

Rocktar

I agree. I wish I didn't want to go to law school.

Went to a pharmacy career day and companies were basically selling themseleves to you. I didn't even bring a resume and I still got 3 offers of over 100k. I would buy all kinds of characters and money and uber items if I started working.

Moral of the story: Want job security? Go to pharmacy school. 6 years well worth it

Lord Orbstar
12-20-2008, 08:58 PM
I would have bought this armor... its awesome. Better if it was Damage padded. But...finally...after 4 years of just sitting in my garage, my 56 Chevy will be back on the road with a new paint job and engine tune up. Yay. That is 6500 dollars well spent! Which means no more uber items for me.

Good luck on your sale. If I had the cash, I would pick up tumbadoos warrior and this plate. :D

Mateius
12-21-2008, 02:23 AM
Pharma sales is a fun job.

I agree. I wish I didn't want to go to law school.

Went to a pharmacy career day and companies were basically selling themseleves to you. I didn't even bring a resume and I still got 3 offers of over 100k. I would buy all kinds of characters and money and uber items if I started working.

Moral of the story: Want job security? Go to pharmacy school. 6 years well worth it

Drunken Durfin
12-30-2008, 11:34 AM
Pharma sales is a fun job.

Drug dealer for "the Man."