PDA

View Full Version : Having the balls.

Galleazzo
02-03-2004, 11:57 AM
No one's working today, everyone's staring out the City Hall windows at the Patriots rally, so I just went through the Hating thread. I wonder, how many players d'ya think play nasty characters because they don't have the stones to be tough hombres in RL? Hey, how many people play any role 'cause they're afraid to let it out in RL? I had a friend once who was a 25 year old virgin, only she played a hooker in every RPG she played, slut bomb city. Whaddaya think?

J-Tech
02-03-2004, 11:59 AM
Whats her name? Phone # too if possible. :grin:

-John

Galleazzo
02-03-2004, 12:48 PM
Her name is Laurey Briedenthal, she lived in Massachusetts, and that was 20 years ago, dude.

J-Tech
02-03-2004, 12:54 PM
2 old 4 me, no thx!

-John

Galleazzo
02-03-2004, 12:59 PM
Besides which I bet the following conversation wouldn't be a good pickup line:

"Hello? No, you don't know me, but a guy whose real name I don't know said that he was in a game with you once and you played sluts there even though he never knew you to put out in real life. Wanna go out sometime?"

Mint
02-03-2004, 01:41 PM
I don't know what the big deal is. It's a game that allows and encourages escapism. So there are asses that play nice guys and nice guys that play asses. This is a news flash?

Edited to add: Speaking of asses....why would you post that poor womans real name in a message board? You obviously cannot be trusted with personal information.

[Edited on 2-3-2004 by Mint]

[Edited on 2-3-2004 by Mint]

Fallen
02-03-2004, 02:44 PM
Sounds like someone had his ass handed to him and has sour grapes over it.

peam
02-03-2004, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Galleazzo
Besides which I bet the following conversation wouldn't be a good pickup line:

"Hello? No, you don't know me, but a guy whose real name I don't know said that he was in a game with you once and you played sluts there even though he never knew you to put out in real life. Wanna go out sometime?"

That line would hook me in a second.

I don't think my characters are too far of a cry from who I am. I'd probably murder/maim tons of people, if the penalties were as lax in real life as in game.

J-Tech
02-03-2004, 03:10 PM
Dude, when i worked at hollywood video this hot chick put a job application in and i got the phone # off of it and called her, and said, "Hey i work at hollywood video, i saw you puting an app in today and thought you were damn fine, so i figured i'd call you..." there was an odd 2 minutes of silence and then we talked for about 3 minutes then she "had to go" and i never heard from her again and i dont even think she came back to follow up on the job at hollywood video....

-John

Mint
02-03-2004, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by J-Tech
Dude, when i worked at hollywood video this hot chick put a job application in and i got the phone # off of it and called her, and said, "Hey i work at hollywood video, i saw you puting an app in today and thought you were damn fine, so i figured i'd call you..." there was an odd 2 minutes of silence and then we talked for about 3 minutes then she "had to go" and i never heard from her again and i dont even think she came back to follow up on the job at hollywood video....

-John

HAHAHA. And this surprises you? She probably moved too.

Galleazzo
02-03-2004, 03:51 PM
Yeah, but what the heck, it cost him 5 minutes of his life to ask. That ain't much.

I knew a guy once'd go into bars, work his way down the row, buy a drink for every single woman there and ask, "Screw the small talk, want to go to my place and fuck?"

I was amazed. I said, "Damn, Rob, how often do you get slapped?" He said that about one in ten would slap him or toss the drink at his face, but one in ten would say Yes, 'cause it WAS a singles bar. Meanwhile he used up all of about 15 minutes and had all night long to get it on.

Pretty friggin' economical if you ask me, if that's your deal.

J-Tech
02-03-2004, 04:07 PM
Word - I like Rob's train of thought.

-John

Parkbandit
02-03-2004, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Galleazzo
I wonder, how many players d'ya think play nasty characters because they don't have the stones to be tough hombres in RL?

I think Falgrin has my sense of humor and overall playfulness... but his dishonesty, arrogance and quick fuse are all part of the roleplay.

But I don't think I roleplay him like that due to my lack of 'balls' though... I roleplay him like that for my entertainment and the entertainment of others.

Bobmuhthol
02-03-2004, 04:20 PM
The only entertainment I get from Falgrin is when Warclaidhm owns him.

Parkbandit
02-03-2004, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Bobmuhthol
The only entertainment I get from Falgrin is when Warclaidhm owns him.

Fuck you Boob. :smug:

Hasina
02-03-2004, 05:57 PM
Bob, of course you get pleasure from watching people "own" other people simply because you could NEVER own anything for yourself.

Latrinsorm
02-03-2004, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by Hasina
Bob, of course you get pleasure from watching people "own" other people simply because you could NEVER own anything for yourself. That insult was a bit on the wordy side. Might want to watch that in the future.

My char doesn't have any lighters, so he's different from me.

Fallen
02-03-2004, 06:49 PM
I play "Dark" characters partially because I cannot be evil in real life. Though I also find absolutely no entertainment in playing a nice, helpful person. Even playing a normal person seems a waste of time, why bother?

Roleplaying for me is assuming an identity of someone or something other than myself.

Shari
02-05-2004, 03:21 AM
I'd say I am similar to Jesae in most aspects. Jesae is pretty much me after three shots of tequila. Highly flirtatious, quick to turn around and jump down your throat and proceed to rip it out.

I have no problem telling people off in rl. I usually try to be tactful about telling people when they're fucking up/pissing me off but if that doesn't get through to them I blow up. Hehe, I'm an agressive girl.

I agree with Peam that if the laws were more lax in rl, I would definitely be killing people...like the assholes that don't use their FUCKING BLINKER when they go t make a turn! I swear to GOD I'm going to start keeping a pistol in my glove box.

Latrinsorm
02-05-2004, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Jesae
like the assholes that don't use their FUCKING BLINKER when they go t make a turn! I swear to GOD I'm going to start keeping a pistol in my glove box. Note to self: never drive a car in Arizona. Ever.

Parkbandit
02-05-2004, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Jesae

I agree with Peam that if the laws were more lax in rl, I would definitely be killing people...like the assholes that don't use their FUCKING BLINKER when they go t make a turn! I swear to GOD I'm going to start keeping a pistol in my glove box.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that spazzes out on people that do that. I'll blow my horn and roll down the window and yell to them "Nice signal jackass!"

StrayRogue
02-05-2004, 12:41 PM
I bet you do.

Shari
02-09-2004, 03:11 AM
Yeah, you should watch out, Latrinsorm I'm a really good shot too. <winks>

And Bandit, I usually end up screaming USE YOUR FUCKING BLINKER! and then realizing that a. my top is down and you can hear me a lot better that way..or b. my window is rolled down and so is theirs.

I'm 5'2" so I'd likely get my ass kicked. Hence you don't need to be buff for the good ole pistol in the glovebox.