PDA

View Full Version : Crit Padded Full Plate

Spreg
12-02-2008, 11:46 AM
Buying a set of crit padded full plate. Looking for some that is around heavy padding and preferably 4x or higher, but will consider anything. Have coins, cash, or trades in form of HCP brig, HCP MBP, 7x self mana undisease MBP, and a couple higher enchant two handers. PM me with what you got.

AnticorRifling
12-02-2008, 12:10 PM
I thought damage padding was the way to go on plate?

Khariz
12-02-2008, 12:45 PM
I thought damage padding was the way to go on plate?

The only person that thinks so is Latrinsorm.

I'll stick with my crit padding any day. It's not the moment by moment hits though, that crit padding helps for on plate, which is Latrin's point.

See...it's almost impossible for a high level warrior in plate to get a crit high enough to get more thank a rank 1 crit (without any padding at all), and since crits cannot be reduced to under rank 1, assuming at least rank 1 was registered, NORMALLY crit padding on plate does absolutely nothing for your average melee hit. So coming at it from that angle, damage padding could be more useful.

However, I have 280hps and max PF. I don't give a shit if I get hit for 22 vs 17 points of damage. Some people might care, I guess. I'd rather the crit padding on the plate apply to the things that really matter (things that GMs have suggested crit padding helps with even when armor TYPE does not, like boil, stone fist, falling, etc).

AnticorRifling
12-02-2008, 12:47 PM
Makes sense.

BigWorm
12-02-2008, 12:58 PM
I just use sigil of minor protection with my hcw plate and get both because I like to party.