PDA

View Full Version : Because there are so many "GMs SUCK" threads.

Moist Happenings
11-29-2008, 07:30 PM
Didn't see when I got it, but I've had a lot of GM interaction in the last few days and at some point picked up an RPA. Maybe it's the smaller playerbase these days, or maybe it's just that the GMs are more active, but it seems I get a lot more interaction now than I ever have.

Therefore, I'm creating this thread to say to any GMs reading: Good job. I appreciate it, as I'm sure we all do, and keep doing what you're doing.

And on a related note, XXX + RPA = rock.

Session: 1 hour, 55 minutes, 18 seconds
Exp: 14458 [125.39/min, 7523.68/hr, 1 hour, 2 minutes, 3 seconds to next]
Fame: 27261 [236.44/min, 14186.12/hr]

XXX: Active, 6d 21h 47:12 until next

Didn't see when I got the RPA if there was some messaging, but there's no other explanation for that xp/hour. It's about 1.7k higher than I've ever had for XXX.

DCSL
11-29-2008, 07:56 PM
There're a few I've liked. Sirina, Voraviel, Hadlir, et cetera. Not only did I never have a BAD experience with them, all my experiences with them were actively good.

Belnia
11-29-2008, 07:57 PM
I was clearing 10k/hour after Ebon Gate. It was amazing.

Baelog
11-30-2008, 05:19 AM
GM Scribes made my rat skull clasped satchel (holds large) into a black leather sporran clasped with a krolvin skull when he was Sertonius on FourWinds. That made me happy, since I was told by another GM at Ebon Gate that they wouldn't make a Medium or Large container into a sporran

This thread is about GM :love: right?

DaCapn
11-30-2008, 02:29 PM

Is it just me or is aggressively roleplaying because there's a merchant in the room constitute a poor job of roleplaying?

Methais
11-30-2008, 02:36 PM
Is it just me or is aggressively roleplaying because there's a merchant in the room constitute a poor job of roleplaying?

It's called working the system.

waywardgs
11-30-2008, 02:39 PM

I don't see anything wrong with putting your best foot forward when you know it has a better chance of being noticed. Everyone likes a little recognition. But yeah, consistency is ideal.

Sean of the Thread
11-30-2008, 02:39 PM

Because you RP a girl and suck GM dicks at conventions perhaps?

:)

Hai Lawd ZeeAir
12-01-2008, 04:57 PM
Cite some examples or something. Nobody likes a "ANDRASTE SUCKS BECAUSE I SAID SO!" thread without a good example, so why would a "GMS ROCK! OMG!" thread with no examples be any better?

What happened that made you feel so great about GMs recently?

I myself haven't had many runins, except Emeradon being a cock and sending the COL assassins after me 90 minutes after the fact (and RIGHT after a hunt, RIGHT after I 130d back with a full head+complete bounty) because I said to someone with a mentor present "The dark society is not an option any sane person would take".

Remember, saying "Dark society" out loud = saying "COUNCIL OF LIGHT! ZOMG!" out loud.

Liagala
12-02-2008, 10:38 AM
(and RIGHT after a hunt, RIGHT after I 130d back with a full head+complete bounty)

You do know that the assasin won't kill you unless you're alone, right? As soon as the messaging starts, go sit in the Park. When your head empties out, then go somewhere and let him kill you.

Shari
12-02-2008, 10:26 PM
I don't have a specific GM to highlight right now, but I'll post one up here in the future.

However, I do get extremely flattered when a GM-run NPC will tell me how awesomesauce the item I've designed is that they're working on creating for me. I know that sounds totally gay, and they're people just like us but when they're used to having to crank out tons and tons of ideas they have to be numb to it after awhile. Its nice to get that recognition at that point I guess.

diethx
12-02-2008, 10:34 PM
I understand that, it's always nice to hear.

LeDru
12-04-2008, 07:22 PM
Only real interaction I've had in a while with a gm but Xynwen sent two buxom ladies to drag me away for a consultation (eg raffle win not something bad) because I was sitting on the dais with my wife and she knew it. Then before she sends me back, Xynwen asks, "Ready to go back and explain those buxom dames to your wife?" Both the wife and I were :rofl: at this. That kind of stuff makes the game fun once in a while.

crb
12-12-2008, 09:20 AM
GM Scribes made my rat skull clasped satchel (holds large) into a black leather sporran clasped with a krolvin skull when he was Sertonius on FourWinds. That made me happy, since I was told by another GM at Ebon Gate that they wouldn't make a Medium or Large container into a sporran

This thread is about GM :love: right?
I've got a VLA sporran.

Baelog
12-13-2008, 03:24 AM
I've got a VLA sporran.

How long ya have it, and...ya selling?

DaCapn
12-17-2008, 04:49 PM
Props to Roxia for helping me with an item description. A merchant accidentally removed a word from the stock description like a year or two ago and she was kind enough to fix it. Somehow I didn't notice until today despite having the same item on another character. So thanks to her for just being cool about it. And thanks to GH Perezz for hooking up the referral with quickness.

Poppatrunk
01-10-2009, 07:26 PM
question...so since simutonrics is a business and they have a monthy paying subcriber base why don't they pay GMS? If they don't pay the people who run/manage the game and implement new material who are they paying?

Just curious....I mean it can't cost much to maintain the game...right?
________
Expert Insurance (http://xpertinsurance.com/)

thefarmer
01-10-2009, 07:37 PM
"they" pay Whatley.

Elvenlady
01-11-2009, 08:51 AM
Props to Roxia for helping me with an item description.

Roxia is a-list in my book. I've had dealings with her a few times over the last couple of months and she's always come through for me.

Amaron
01-11-2009, 08:57 AM
Vesmera helped me put together the custom scripts I won at Ebon gate. She was awesome to work with and really was helpful.

GM Kaikala was a host when she did my pay wedding. She made it a great event, one of those to remember. And, while the marriage is over, its still one of those special times I like to go back and read, because of her special touches that made it a memorable moment.

MotleyCrew
01-11-2009, 01:52 PM
Talisker :heart: :heart: :heart:

FTW

ViridianAsp
01-11-2009, 05:34 PM

FTW

QFT, he is great.

Gnomad
01-11-2009, 06:29 PM
Alyias is freaking awesome if you're living in Vaalor

Winter's Kiss
01-11-2009, 10:42 PM
Liia will always be my favorite. She's done so much for so many people and has put up with my gripes for a long time.

ViridianAsp
01-11-2009, 11:11 PM
Alyias is freaking awesome if you're living in Vaalor

He is pretty awesome too. I know you guys seem to have a gripe with her, but I like Itzel, too.

thefarmer
01-11-2009, 11:12 PM

FTW

Shame he's on leave so often.

MotleyCrew
01-11-2009, 11:14 PM
Shame he's on leave so often.

Agreed.

diethx
04-10-2009, 04:03 PM
Izzea is fucking awesome, okay?

First she helps me with my shop to the best of her ability, then she wtfpwns the hell out of my 15 minutes from the fish contest. And I mean WTFPWNS. She wtfpwnd so hard, I actually ran out of ideas. And I thought i'd brought MORE than enough. This wasn't my first alter session either, so I felt pretty secure in what i'd brought.

Cap'nDrak
04-11-2009, 03:22 PM
http://pix.motivatedphotos.com/2008/8/25/633552814595063265-gamemastereventhematrixneededone.jpg