PDA

View Full Version : Valentine's Day Gifts

Bewitchindryad25
01-30-2004, 11:08 PM
Well, in a few weeks or so Valentine's day will be here, the day of candy, sex and flowers.

I just bought Someone a gift and I'm totally clueless, like I have no idea what guys like when it comes to a sappy love holidays .

I've either been dumped right before or on Valentines Day so I was wondering what are you doing for Valentines or what are you buying as gifts for people.

Discuss :smilegrin:

Artha
01-30-2004, 11:17 PM
I have no idea what guys like when it comes to a sappy love holidays .

I'll just get this one out of the way...

It's sex.

01-30-2004, 11:18 PM
::looks dyrad over:: you would do just fine for him im sure

Bewitchindryad25
01-30-2004, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by The Edine
::looks dyrad over:: you would do just fine for him im sure

Don't worry I already have the sexy red lace teddy picked out to wear for him :saint:

Edaarin
01-30-2004, 11:34 PM
For Valentines the last two years, I've spent 3 or 4 hours writing a poem in a card and went out to eat. But that's about it. I stopped buying flowers after my senior year in high school. Umm, what else...my senior year I played "Thais - Meditation" for my girlfriend (I've since quit the violin, probably couldn't even get my fingers into 7th position if my life depended on it...)

I'm not sure what to do this year. I'm starting a new relationship right now, and I always hate the first month because it's all about building up, so I know it has to be something big/meaningful/in other words time consuming. What I'm thinking right now is she said she's never been golfing/drive around in a golf cart (weird, right?) so right now I'm just thinking of taking her to the country club near campus for a day.

For girls, its simple. Get something practical or something we'll use. I was crackin up when one of my hallmates' girlfriends got him a PS2 for Valentine's last year, but he probably got more enjoyment out of that than anything else she could have spent $180 on, unless it was condoms.

Stunseed
01-30-2004, 11:43 PM
Since you lived in Jacksonville, Dryad.....

I'm considering taking my valentine to the Sea Turtle Inn for a beautiful night. A bottle of champagne, some chocolate covered chocolates and an Oceanfront suite. She is so in love with the beach right on 2nd street, I know she'll really love it.

01-30-2004, 11:46 PM
put the Teddy in a box for him to open up....

crazymage
01-30-2004, 11:49 PM
Dryad~ bring a friend.

Bewitchindryad25
01-30-2004, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by Stunseed

I'm considering taking my valentine to the Sea Turtle Inn for a beautiful night. A bottle of champagne, some chocolate covered chocolates and an Oceanfront suite. She is so in love with the beach right on 2nd street, I know she'll really love it.

She will love it :thumbsup: Someone is going to get some lovin that night :cool:

I love the beach also very beautiful. Especially at night, its one of the most calm peaceful things I think in the world.

As for the putting it in the box Edine, I'd hope he'd have more fun unwrapping me than the box :o

(Edited because I'm blushing and flustered and forgot a word. Dammit!)

[Edited on 1-31-2004 by Bewitchindryad25]

Stunseed
01-30-2004, 11:57 PM
I took her to the beach at like 4 in the morning last time, she was so in awe, she didn't speak for almost 5 minutes. I'm really into doing things unique-like. So we will see.

Hulkein
01-31-2004, 12:42 AM
Valentines day is a girls holiday.. We have to get you something nice, but it doesn't really matter what you get us. Don't really worry about it if you're a chick

Drew2
01-31-2004, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by Stunseed

You're so nice to your mother...

Stunseed
01-31-2004, 01:29 AM
Yeah, someone asked YOU of all people how to make a baby. That in itself is hilarious.

Ravenstorm
01-31-2004, 01:52 AM
Here's an idea. Get your guy something that shows you pay attention to what he likes and that his interests matter to you. For instance:

If he's into sports, consider a subscription to SI. Or maybe a videotape of those sports bloopers if he likes that kind of thing.

If he reads, buy him a nice edition of one of his favorite authors.

If he plays games, maybe one he's had his eye on.

Consider something like that. It's not a 'romantic' gift int he same way candy, flowers or some kind of heart is (lets hear it for mercantilism) but it does show you pay attention and wanted to get him something.

And then if he doesn't get you anything, you can hit him with it.

Raven

Caiylania
01-31-2004, 03:08 AM
Those are good ones Raven!

Our first Valentine's day together, my husband gave me one of those cheapo be my Valentine cards and a rose.

Then that night he took me to the beach (we lived in Hawaii) and gave me the most beautiful card. It said I was his heart so it was only fair he gave it to me. Then he gave me a beautiful diamond heart necklace.

About five minutes later MP's showed up saying that was a private area of beach and to scoot....... ::: growl :::

But it was a wonderful night. It has been hard to live up to that but he usually does :)

I do usually get him the easy stuff I know he loves.... a lovey card attached of course.

Nakiro
01-31-2004, 07:00 AM
I don't know how sexual you are with this guy, but you can give him a card that allows him to have 3 wishes...

Then you can spend the entire month fufilling those wishes, hehe...

Vixen
01-31-2004, 08:07 AM
My husband usually gets me jewelry...
which is ironic because its the one thing I DONT like.

He gets me flowers every month or so, so flowers aren't a reserved for Valentines only kind of thing.

But two years ago was the best. We happened to be on Vacation with another couple.
And he took me out early in the morning for a horseback ride, then we had lunch and spend the evening in the hot tub.

The point being, its usually the unexpected that is remembered the most fondly. It doesn't even have to be on a grand scale. Just something that you don't normally do, or a place you wouldn't normally go.

Hell if my husband gets me a card, I jump for joy...
He's good with gifts... but always forgets the card....

DianaBanana
01-31-2004, 10:54 AM
My friend got her boyfriend a really nice shotglass chess game from Restoration Hardware. I saw it in the store and asked her if that's something he would like....apparently he loves chess and he's a social drinker, so it's a perfect fit. :thumbsup:

longshot
02-01-2004, 04:28 AM
Guys don't give presents on Valentine's Day in Japan.

I only have to worry about getting presents... rough life, eh?

Vesi
02-01-2004, 05:22 AM
Originally posted by Wezas

Originally posted by Nakiro
I don't know how sexual you are with this guy, but you can give him a card that allows him to have 3 wishes...

Then you can spend the entire month fufilling those wishes, hehe...

I hate you Nakiro. That was almost the exact idea I had. Except mine would look like a monopoly chance card and it would say "You have been a good boy, turn this in for a blowjob at any time."

Ass.

I've made a coupon book with a bunch of different types of coupons. In addition to the sex ones I've added in ones for massages, breakfast in bed, get out of seeing the in-laws, etc. I had fun making them. He had fun using them. :yes:

Vesi

Trinitis
02-01-2004, 05:24 AM
My Step-mom made me a book kinda like that Vesi. Cept there was no sex stuff (thank GOD..). But it was mostly stuff like "get out of trouble free" and stuff. I saved them up..and used to piss my father off with them.

Father " What?! You did WHAT TO THE CAR?!"

Me " Here, hold this"

Father " Get out of troub..Damnit!"

Vesi
02-01-2004, 05:56 AM
Originally posted by LordAdredrin
My Step-mom made me a book kinda like that Vesi. Cept there was no sex stuff (thank GOD..). But it was mostly stuff like "get out of trouble free" and stuff. I saved them up..and used to piss my father off with them.

Father " What?! You did WHAT TO THE CAR?!"

Me " Here, hold this"

Father " Get out of troub..Damnit!"

Yeah. They can be a lot of fun and you can 'tailor' them for any holiday or person.

Vesi

Edited to fix a word.

[Edited on 2-1-2004 by Vesi]

Ravenstorm
02-01-2004, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by Vixen
My husband usually gets me jewelry...
which is ironic because its the one thing I DONT like.

The key word here is 'usually'. I interpret this to mean it is a periodic event. To which I just have to ask...

So why don't you tell him you don't like it?

I mean, seriously. Communicate. Do you think you're doing him a favor? Does he enjoy spending time and money to buy things you don't particularly like?

You can tell him he doesn't need to buy you any more jewelry without being insulting or hurting his feelings.

Raven