PDA

View Full Version : WHERE'S THE DAMNED BOAT!?

Shari
01-31-2004, 11:36 AM
I don't understand why GM's can't fucking post what time the spitfire is going to be here. Because I'm sure there were people who camped out at the dock ALL NIGHT and probably are still there. ( I called it quits at 1am)

And then there are stupid people like me who will put off going to the darkroom this weekend to print because she doesn't want to miss the arrival of the ship.

I'm half-tempted to report..."WHERE'S THE FUCKING BOAT!?!?!" :flamed:

Electrawn
01-31-2004, 11:42 AM
Uh, Its not next month yet.

Bobmuhthol
01-31-2004, 11:43 AM
It's coming today, but I don't see wtf people would sit there and wait for it. You've got 30 days and it's not a big deal.

Kitsun
01-31-2004, 11:46 AM
The release date was SUPPOSED to be January 31st according to the official site info we were given a month or two in advance.

Melissa released a typo'd event sheet for 04 and had people spazzing out thinking it was yesterday.

People who only kinda paid attention thought it'd start on the 1st of February.

If past track record is any indication of the future...they tend to give a day and release it some time during the night.

My bets are on 7-11PM eastern tonight.

Kitsun
01-31-2004, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Bobmuhthol
It's coming today, but I don't see wtf people would sit there and wait for it. You've got 30 days and it's not a big deal.

The only big deal is that they typically have limited release items. Missing the first hour or two of the event means missing the nice limited item and then you have to go to the secondary market to get gouged.

That and I think people are counting on merchants even though the 'big merchant weekend' isn't due till end of month.

Electrawn
01-31-2004, 11:49 AM
I'd have to agree that the "When we get to it" time is unacceptable.

Kitsun
01-31-2004, 11:55 AM
People need to calm down with the waiting-for-20-hours then getting pissed at someone else for having wasted their time.

Its a game! Do something fun or don't do it at all!

If the Spitfire were being released, you'd notice that there's about 15 GM's onduty.

A GM took over an NPC at the North Dock and TOLD people it wouldn't be in until later in the day(this was about 1-2AM) and people STILL stayed there to wait.

Tell me when they set any precedent for opening up an event at 3AM - 7AM? Ever?

Stop thinking like a four year old and move on for a while.

Artha
01-31-2004, 12:34 PM
I'm sorry, but waiting up all night for something that's going to be here for a month, or even all most all night is simply retarded.

Getting pissed afterwords only makes it worse.

Shari
01-31-2004, 06:34 PM
I'm not mad, I'm just so excited I could pee myself. I know it's going to be here for a month but...but...I want it RIGHT NOW! <stomps her foot>

Caiylania
01-31-2004, 06:36 PM
LoL Anyone want to give a poor warrior some shopping silvers? I'm available for adoption to any rich parents who want an adoring daughter :D

Artha
01-31-2004, 06:47 PM
It'll be here at 9.

Latrinsorm
01-31-2004, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by Artha
It'll be here at 9. Sweet, I can catch up on the boards. WTF's a Spitfire? (kidding)