PDA

View Full Version : Armor shop portals and armor conversions

AestheticDeath
11-25-2008, 04:53 PM
OK, so I have a problem. I have a buckler, which currently is medium, and weighs less than one pound. It used to be a buckler. But the conversion from GS3 to GS4 made it a medium shield.

Now, if I use the portal in the armory to turn it BACK into the buckler it is supposed to be, it will gain six pounds.

I converted a cheap ass 4x buckler months ago the same way I am trying to do now, and was able to get the weight reduced to the prior correct weight.

But the GMs are telling me they more then likely will not correct the weight on this buckler. Even though it was made this way.

As far as I know this was one of the old sprite wing bucklers that came out with a long ugly alter, bad breakage, and weighing under a pound. Made of wood.

Has anyone else had a similar circumstance where they had a similar buckler (sprite wing) converted using these portals? And if so, did you get the weight corrected?

Right now the GMs are trying to find a similar case to look back at, so they can do the same thing they did before if it has actually happened.

And why are they taking converted pieces to a base weight in the first place? Why not just apply the difference in weights between the shield class? Like medium to buckler etc.. They seem to be screwing anyone who converts something that was already lightened. I mean the shit shouldn't have been made into a medium shield in the first place. It has buckler in the name etc.

So mainly the bolded question, hoping to find similar cases I can point the GMs towards, and if anyone has an opinion, I am sure you won't hesitate to chime in.

Ignot
11-25-2008, 05:13 PM
Does your avatar have lube on her butt? Awesome.

thefarmer
11-25-2008, 05:50 PM
Everything converted to medium in the switch.

Also, the sprite wing bucklers were invasion items and not necessarily meant to be used for PCs.

Mr. Dallas
11-25-2008, 06:03 PM
<<Also, the sprite wing bucklers were invasion items and not necessarily meant to be used for PCs.>>

Hortingers wagon - EG 1998 (yeah 10 years ago)

On the tanik shelf you see a midnight-blue ora spiked buckler, a storm-grey bouched glaes shield, a taupe wickerwork buckler, a curved wooden buckler, an enruned eonake pageant shield, a black rolaren heater, a dark mithril lantern shield, an oversized turtle-shell shield, a sky-blue vultite wall shield, a rectangular imflass shield, a blackened tsark hide shield, a spotted gak hide buckler, a blood-red ora target shield and a fire sprite wing buckler.

D.

Had one - awesome shield - I think mine didn't convert to medium as it was altered before the changeover - can't check on it as I sold it about 6 months ago to someone named Fling. You may wanna check with that character - I think he's in Icemule mostly.

thefarmer
11-25-2008, 06:45 PM
Funny.

Guess I was thinking of a different shield then.

joehollywood
11-26-2008, 09:07 AM
they will NOT reduce the weight of this shield...

learned this the hard way, not with the sprite shield but with one of those sea green bucklers...

as to the why? I'm sure they'll get around to that answer as soon as they're done with monks.

onurb
11-26-2008, 09:36 AM
I have had both a buckler and a targe that was medium in size and lightened. I converted both of them to small size and they each gained weight. GMs adjusted the weight for me in both cases to what it was before the conversion. Neither of them were a sprite buckler though. Make sure you register any items you have right before you convert it so they can find its pre-conversion stats more easily.

The Ponzzz
11-26-2008, 10:11 AM
Shields will always revert back to the base weight. If you had the shield lightened, it will bring it in line to reflect that, or you can assist and have a GM take a look BEFORE YOU CONVERT. However, if you bought a shield with an extreme light weight (sea green, sprite winged, castle crested, etc) those will be brought back in line to what the shield should have weighed. It is the double edged sword of doing the conversion. Do you take the hit to the weight and get the size you want, or do you keep the light weigh and stick with a medium shield.