PDA

View Full Version : Redux?

Trinitis
11-04-2004, 04:10 PM
Anyone able to use this to figure out what my redux is, if I have any?

A krolvin warrior swings a war mattock at you!
AS: +175 vs DS: +124 with AvD: +36 + d100 roll: +88 = +175
... and hits for 31 points of damage!
You hear a buzzing in your ears from that blow!

I'm wearing non-padded hauberk.

The hit gave me a minor, if thats needed.

Kuyuk
11-04-2004, 04:13 PM
Not much.

K.

Pallon
11-04-2004, 04:25 PM
7.78%

Keller
11-04-2004, 04:58 PM
How did you calculate that?

Chadj
11-04-2004, 05:03 PM
Someone wanna help me out too? I don't even know if I have redux.

A kiramon defender charges at you!
AS: +266 vs DS: +173 with AvD: +35 + d100 roll: +39 = +167
... and hits for 15 points of damage!
You hear a buzzing in your ears from that blow!

Brig. Non padded

[Edited on 11-4-2004 by Chadj]

Latrinsorm
11-04-2004, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by Keller
How did you calculate that? 1) Make sure you're not wearing damage padded armor or being hit by damage weighted stuff. Crit padding/weighting is irrelevant for Redux calculations.
2) Take each hit and record the endroll, damage, and crit. If you're being hit by multiple things, record weapon type for each hit, otherwise you only need to write it down once. If you don't know what weapon type, record AvD.
3) Figure out what armor group you're wearing (plate, chain, scale, leather, or clothing/none).
4) Figure out the DF that you would have sans redux. You can probably find charts of weapon type vs. armor group on the Internet.
5) Figure out the range of DFs that would give you the recorded hit. You do this by subtracting 100 from the endroll, subtracting crit damage from actual damage (again, you'll need a chart of crits and how much damage they are worth), and seeing which numbers you can multiply the modified endroll by to get the raw damage. I don't believe there's a need to go past the thousandths place. As you get more hits, the range will usually shrink until you get a single number.
6) Once you know what your reduced DF is, you can determine your redux by subtracting it from the normal DF and dividing by the normal DF. Say you determined your reduced DF was .240, and the normal DF was .270. You would have 11% redux.

Crit tables for slash, puncture, and crush crits are available. I haven't seen any for elemental crits or ensnare crits (or anything else).

Stunseed
11-04-2004, 08:16 PM
Or use Xygon.net's updated redux calculator. Although Latrinsorm's way is nice to be self-reliable.