PDA

View Full Version : Inspecting that may not be a sound idea.

DaCapn
11-20-2008, 09:47 AM
I hate this crap. I'm not sure what makes it a bad idea to inspect these greaves, but I just hate it. I'm already holding these things, is it going to do that much harm to look at them while I hold them?

>glance
You glance down to see some ora leg greaves in your right hand and nothing in your left hand.
>weigh my greaves
You carefully examine the ora leg greaves and determine that the weight is less than 2 pounds.
Roundtime: 5 sec.
>inspec my greaves
Inspecting that may not be a sound idea.

Baelog
11-20-2008, 10:15 AM
Quite a few items cannot be inspected, since they're considered "dangerous" and generally, they have some magical property and/or are scripted. Amulet holders come to mind. I don't believe that Shadowdeath weapons can be inspected either.

The Ponzzz
11-20-2008, 10:31 AM
Older scripts generally cause that.

Izzy
11-20-2008, 10:42 AM
Actually, there are items from the last EG that have this issue. It's not an old-script problem

Edit: The satchels that have compartments for wands/scrolls etc, for example

The Ponzzz
11-20-2008, 10:53 AM
It most likely is a new spin on an old script. But it is a script issue, none-the-less.

Izzy
11-20-2008, 11:46 AM
Agreed. I thought I had put the word "just" in my previous post, definitely script related. The weapon-displaying sheaths have a similar issue I think. Very annoying on containers because you can't determine how much they hold as easily.

mgoddess
11-20-2008, 01:47 PM
FWI teleport items and gold-ring holders have the same problem... very, very annoying.

LadyKiora
11-20-2008, 02:04 PM
I have a cloak that it happens to.

DaCapn
12-08-2008, 07:56 AM
I put the greaves in my cloak and now I can't get them out. I've gotten a referral but it's pretty peculiar. The command to get them just hangs. I tried getting them via the click menus in SF and it just said something like "You can't do that to an item that you can not hold." Probably scripted or something and got broken somehow.

Anyone ever seen this kind of thing before?

Amber
12-08-2008, 10:15 AM
I got an apple from the GM open house a few years back and stowed it for later. I had to get a GM to get the darn thing out. Don't remember the messaging I got, but it wasn't allowing me to pick it up.

Stanley Burrell
12-08-2008, 10:27 AM
I hate this crap. I'm not sure what makes it a bad idea to inspect these greaves, but I just hate it. I'm already holding these things, is it going to do that much harm to look at them while I hold them?

>glance
You glance down to see some ora leg greaves in your right hand and nothing in your left hand.
>weigh my greaves
You carefully examine the ora leg greaves and determine that the weight is less than 2 pounds.
Roundtime: 5 sec.
>inspec my greaves
Inspecting that may not be a sound idea.

You don't want to know what would have happened if you actually managed to inspect it.

Things...

Butt things...