PDA

View Full Version : Tsoran's GSIV training sheet! Argh!

TheEschaton
01-29-2004, 05:28 PM
What the fuck is wrong with it? Spent awhile making a good training, plan, and what happens?

Train X Train X+1
Armor use 1 1
MOC 1 1
PT 1 1
climb 1 1
swim 1 1
perception 1 1
AS 2 2
MIU 2 2
HP 2 2
SA 2 2
EMC 1 1
Spells 3 3
E-lore 2 2
Cost: 50/96 50/112

Anyone care to explain why two exact trains come up with different costs? What happened was, in the first train, the third spell was counted as 0/16 (wrong), in the second one, the third spell was counted as 0/32, which is right.

Argh

-TheEschaton-

Trinitis
01-29-2004, 05:35 PM
I noticed this too..and brought it up to Tsoran..who promply got angry and logged off. I've not spoken with him since..and have stopped using the spreadsheet.

-Adredrin

TheEschaton
01-29-2004, 05:38 PM
And what's freaky about this, is this.

Even though Tsoran's spreadsheet is wrong, and I run out of TP on the last train....I finish that train, do SKILLS, and it says I have 109/0 left! Which lets me train in those things I had to leave behind on that last train, and leaves me with EXACTLY WHAT TSORAN'S SPREADSHEET SAID IT WOULD, leftover.

Freaky. Goddamn it.

-TheE-

Jonty
01-29-2004, 05:42 PM
Because his sheet is not wrong....

CrystalTears
01-29-2004, 05:46 PM
His sheet isn't wrong. Using the reallocation with it is because the reallocation doesn't compute the TPs like it used to.

Latrinsorm
01-29-2004, 05:48 PM
If you're starting the char from scratch (or just generally speaking) the first two ranks of a skill are in fact both "singled" ranks, because of interlevel training.

Level 0, you can train in up to two levels' worth of a skill. Say you train twice in Spell Aiming. The system knows you (functionally) have two levels to work with, therefore you are now singled. The next two ranks will be "doubled" cost, and the next two (can y'all triple spell aim?) will be "tripled" costs.

This being said, I personally found Tsoran's spreadsheet to be inaccurate as well. Interlevel training is what you're confused with, I don't know what was up with my problem.

Jonty
01-29-2004, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by CrystalTears
His sheet isn't wrong. Using the reallocation with it is because the reallocation doesn't compute the TPs like it used to.

Actually, reallocation does compoute TPs like it used to.... That's the problem; that sheet isn't designed for reallocation. It's designed for skill migration. And the reason you have extra TPs, BTW, is because of inter-level training. The skill costs for one train are computed at a lower cost because of it. That's how the sheet computes it.

[Edited on 1-29-2004 by Jonty]

CrystalTears
01-29-2004, 05:51 PM
Well that's what I meant. He uses a standard reallocation setup that was used prior to GS4. Using the reallocation by the sheet won't work but the sheet does compute the points quite accurately.

Jonty
01-29-2004, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Latrinsorm
can y'all triple spell aim?)

No, you can't.

Jonty
01-29-2004, 05:59 PM
The sheet is fine; you just have to know what you're doing. I've trained several characters of every profession, many races, and several different levels of training for myself and friends.

If you want to use the spread sheet correctly..., DO NOT use reallocation to allocate you skills.

Here's what you do if you need to use reallocation:

1. Use the old reallocator to assign your stats keeping in mind the +10 bonuses to your prime stats.

2. If you have many levels to reallocate, use a script to train each level without training in any skills. This is very easy to do; I even posted a script to do it in another folder.

3. Use the skill migrator to fill in the ranks for each skill that the spread sheet says you can have.

DONE!

[Edited on 1-29-2004 by Jonty]

Drew2
01-29-2004, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by LordAdredrin
I noticed this too..and brought it up to Tsoran..who promply got angry and logged off. I've not spoken with him since..and have stopped using the spreadsheet.

-Adredrin

Actually he probably blocked you.

Latrinsorm
01-29-2004, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by Tayre
Actually he probably blocked you. Like you blocked Michiko for not watching Crapville, I mean SmallGenitals, I mean, well you know what I mean.
ANGEL 4 LIFE

Bobmuhthol
01-29-2004, 10:47 PM
<-- has been blocked by Tayre countless times.

Jonty
01-29-2004, 11:47 PM
The following script should work to get you through reallocation of any amount of trains without training in any skills so you can do it easily and accurately with the skill migrator.

I didn't test it 'cause I don't feel like reallocatiing any of my characters right now, but from what I remember, this should be right....

counter set %1
goto done

labelError:
put 5
wait
put c
wait

done:
put d
wait
put y
wait
counter subtract
goto %c

-1:
Use that script after you assign your stats. You'll need to input a variable when you run it.

Example if you're 82 trains, usage would be:

.reallo 82