PDA

View Full Version : Angel

Drew2
01-28-2004, 09:05 PM
is sick.

So this girl saws off this guy's head while he's still alive and smears his blood on her face...

yeah. YUMMY.

Souzy
01-28-2004, 09:06 PM
Why do watch all the corny shows Tayre?

Skirmisher
01-28-2004, 09:07 PM
He's twelve what do you want?

Drew2
01-28-2004, 09:09 PM
Because most shows are Reality TV these days, and those suck and are stupid. My life is all I care about, duh.

And I only watch Angel because it comes on after Smallville. I don't really like it... it's more like an additional reason not to get to my homework.

peam
01-28-2004, 09:12 PM
In news about television shows people care about, a new episode of Chapelle's Show comes on tonight.

...chapelle's show... chapelle's show...

Latrinsorm
01-28-2004, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by Tayre
is sick.

So this girl saws off this guy's head while he's still alive and smears his blood on her face...

yeah. YUMMY.
To me, the chopping Spike's hands off was worse, but I guess she did bandage them up rather prettily.

Do they really say what that wimpy British guy said in Mexico, by the way?

Everyone else: STFU ANGEL RULZ OMG NEXT WEEK CORDY WAKES UP

Drew2
01-28-2004, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by Latrinsorm

Heh.. did you notice his name is Andrew?

/stare

And no, they don't. Cunt.

Hulkein
01-28-2004, 11:18 PM
Good Jimi Hendrix song.. the show sucks.

peam
01-28-2004, 11:21 PM
Chapelle's show was hilarious.

Mint
01-29-2004, 01:04 AM

is sick.

yeah. YUMMY.
To me, the chopping Spike's hands off was worse, but I guess she did bandage them up rather prettily.

Everyone else: STFU ANGEL RULZ OMG NEXT WEEK CORDY WAKES UP

Okay people, WEST COAST HERE! I spent most of Angel cringing because I knew in advance thanks to this thread that Spike was going to get his hands chopped off. Spoilers are BAD BAD BAD. Who do you play in game cause I am going to hire someone to smack you around a little.

Shalla
01-29-2004, 01:07 AM
is sick.

yeah. YUMMY.

Eeew! :barf: Did he make a blood gurggling sound?

Skirmisher
01-29-2004, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by Mint
Okay people, WEST COAST HERE! I spent most of Angel cringing because I knew in advance thanks to this thread that Spike was going to get his hands chopped off. Spoilers are BAD BAD BAD. Who do you play in game cause I am going to hire someone to smack you around a little.

True.

For our west coast bretheren we must try to remember to mark posts with spoilers clearly as such.

Of course you could all move to a real coast but...thats another thread.:bouncy:

Latrinsorm
01-29-2004, 11:05 AM
Lolz0r, sorry. I won't do it again. I play... uh... Haashek. Go smack him.. I mean me around. It'll teach me a lesson.:yes:

Betheny
01-29-2004, 11:48 AM
At least I missed Smallville last night?!

Tee hee. I'm the avoidance queen.

Wezas
01-29-2004, 11:57 AM

Been meaning to watch Angel - just for Spike. He was amusing on Buffy when I wasn't looking at Willow.

Drew2
01-29-2004, 12:38 PM
I've been watching Buffy reruns after Surreal Life on sundays... Willow is ugly when her eyes/hair are black and she's all veiny-faced. :thumbsdown:

peam
01-29-2004, 12:52 PM
http://www.clarion.edu/campusfest/images/chap01.jpg

Wezas
01-29-2004, 01:47 PM
I've been watching Buffy reruns after Surreal Life on sundays... Willow is ugly when her eyes/hair are black and she's all veiny-faced. :thumbsdown:

<Yeah, I'm sick>
She still looks kinda hot.
</Yeah I'm sick>
http://www.watcher.vampireslayers.co.uk/Cards/badwill002.jpg

::edited to quote Tayre and not me::

[Edited on 1-29-2004 by Wezas]

Latrinsorm
01-29-2004, 04:51 PM
Those are the cheesiest badguy clothes I've seen since Cordelia's whole "I'm a pregnant evil mastermind, so I'll wear a net. Yeah, that's the ticket. Lemme butcher my hair, too."

(Don't tell Mint, but Spike got his hands cut off :D He made some good jokes with it, though)

Artha
01-29-2004, 04:55 PM
The only thing worse than a bad shitcom is its spin off.

Mint
01-29-2004, 04:58 PM
You know what I miss from Buffy? Xander. He was the funniest thing on it. They need to get him on Angel. I am starting a write in campaign. I will be sending the producers Latrinsorms body parts as incentive.

Tsa`ah
01-29-2004, 05:07 PM
That has actually been suggested a few times, but the reality of it is that Xander, Angel, and Spike hate each other, so there is no good reason to write Xander in as well.

Andrew ... Not a Brit. Andrew is a gay geek SoCal boy who is nothing but additional comedic relief.

Yes... My wife has all available seasons of Buffy on DVD and has started in with Angel.

We're going to divorce next week.

Mint
01-29-2004, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by Tsa`ah
That has actually been suggested a few times, but the reality of it is that Xander, Angel, and Spike hate each other, so there is no good reason to write Xander in as well.

Since when has reality had anything to do with TV? Remember that entire season of Dallas that they wrote off as just a dream?

Latrinsorm
01-29-2004, 05:09 PM
You know what I miss from Buffy? Xander. He was the funniest thing on it. They need to get him on Angel. I am starting a write in campaign. I will be sending the producers Latrinsorms body parts as incentive. I don't know who Xander is. :(

Mint
01-29-2004, 05:10 PM

You know what I miss from Buffy? Xander. He was the funniest thing on it. They need to get him on Angel. I am starting a write in campaign. I will be sending the producers Latrinsorms body parts as incentive. I don't know who Xander is. :(

Blasphemy!!

Drew2
03-03-2004, 10:02 PM
Angel was sad. Cool special effects tonight, but sad.

And Winifred looked hot in tight leather.

[Edited on 3-4-2004 by Tayre]

Latrinsorm
03-03-2004, 10:05 PM
The ending pissed me off to no end. I mean, a few good lines (one of which I'll be using) but it made no goddamn sense. I won't go into specifics, but wtf already. It also pissed me off that they caved and used a pop song (or at least one with words, sounded like Jewel to me). I've always been proud of Angel using only classical-esque music so they can swap mood rapidly. One of the reasons I hate/d Smallville was that poppy crap.

Mint
03-04-2004, 02:02 AM
I FORGOT TO TAPE IT AGAIN!!!!!! !#@#$#&$$%*%^$##@

Galleazzo
03-05-2004, 10:41 AM
Yeah, WTF, when did Angel go fucking Dawson's Creek on us? I hate that soulful pop shit at the end they've done a couple times lately.

Y'know something? I don't care how shocked Joss told the press he was, he had to have been planning to wrap this up. He fucking kills off Fred, now it looks like Gunn's about to be history, Lorne's been an afterthought all frigging season, and the eps have been in the can a couple months. Yay, so we have Angel and Spike doing their Oscar and Felix imitation.

And Giles is RIGHT. They ALL have fucking been turning evil. Wes is a psychopath now, Gunn knowingly sold someone's soul just to keep his legal shit, and it's pretty sad when Spike's the least psychotic of the lot.

Latrinsorm
03-05-2004, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Galleazzo
They ALL have fucking been turning evil. Well... Angel isn't THAT evil.. I guess. At least he's being pretend good, which is more than we can say for Mr. Trigger/Knife Happy.

Mint
03-05-2004, 04:51 PM
Would somebody please please tell me what happened? Fred died??? Wes is a psychopath now??? I feel so disconnected and in the dark....

Galleazzo
03-05-2004, 04:59 PM
Fred got eaten by a sarcophagus thingie, and now she's possessed. Think of a more evil, less powerful Jasmine and you got it. Only they kept repeating that all that's left is a shell, a husk, and Fred's soul has been destroyed. Nothing left.

They spent the last two eps trying to fix it and Wes went completely psycho. Shoots people at the drop of a hat, stabbed Gunn in the belly because Gunn was indirectly responsible for it.

Not fixed, doesn't look like it's gonna be fixed. Amy Acker still has a job, Fred is history.

It fucking sucks.

Latrinsorm
03-05-2004, 05:05 PM
A coffin/sarcophagus came in to the science lab and Knox was all like "WTF?" and then Fred was like "Let's luk at it" and then she <tuoch>ed a crystal thing and the coffin was all like <KAFF KAFF KAFF> and Fred inhaled a bunch of dust and she was all like "WTF" but the docs said she was ok so she was chilling with Wes and Lorne and she sung a little song and Lorne was all like "OMG WTF" and she coughed blood on Wes' face and fell down and the docs were like "opps her organs are liquifying" so Angel was like "Alright, beatdown time" and they tried to stop it.

So Wes was sitting in his office working on the problem and this n00b comes in and is all like "Yo gimme dat book" and Wes is like "wtf?" and the n00b is like "who kerrs about Fred, I've got work to do" and Wes is like "ok" and shoots him in the leg and the n00b cries like a little girl.

So Gunn is chilling with Knox trying to figure out a medical way to save Fred and Knox gets weepy and goes on and on about how great Fred is and then he says "I love it" and Gunn is like "wtf you said it" and Knox goes "Oops" and Gunn is all like "Imma kill you bitch" and Knox is all like "Hey 'member when you brought that thing into the country in exchange for us giving you a kewl brain? Yeah, that was the coffin, you killed Fred, OMG PWNED" and Gunn was like <bash him in the head with a fire extinguisher> and had him tied up.

So it turns out it's a badass demon in Fred so Angel and Spikey go to England (I know, WTF?) to do magic stuff and the magic guy is all like "If you save fred like loads of ppl diez" and Angel is like "WTF ALREADY THIS SUX" and they don't save Fred.

FRED DIES WTF AND THE DEMON TAKES HER BODY

Next ep

They can't stop the demon but it turns out the demon had like a l33t army from 10 kabillion years ago but like they died or something so the demon got all weepy WTF-ever.

Wes is all like WTF FRED'S DEAD and Knox is like haha so Knox gets shot and Gunn is all like um it's my fault too opps and so Gunn gets stabbed (non-fatally) and Angel is like yeah, um, my fault too, sorry d00d and Wes is all like WTF you guyz suck and the demon's like sup and Wes is like get lost biatch and the demon's like "I GOT NOWHEREZ ELSE TO GO" and Wes FOR SOME FUCKING REASON DOESN'T KILL IT AND DECIDES TO HELP IT.

That's it.

edit: maybe next time I won't be a crack addict and Galleazzo won't beat me.

[Edited on 3-5-2004 by Latrinsorm]

Mint
03-05-2004, 05:07 PM
Uh, thanks guys. I think I am up to speed. And sad.

Galleazzo
03-08-2004, 10:06 AM
Why would I beat you, Latrin? You got it right. Although you sorta didn't emphasize that Wes decides to help the demon EVEN THOUGH SHE KILLED THE WOMAN HE LOVED FOR WHOSE SAKE HE (thought, anyway) MURDERED HIS OWN FATHER just because she ... well, sorta still looks like Fred. And that's IT. No better reason than that.

This may be the biggest WTF??? moment of the whole series.

:flamed:

[Edited on 3/8/2004 by Galleazzo]

Latrinsorm
03-08-2004, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by Galleazzo
Why would I beat you, Latrin?I just meant you posted before me.

And yeah, bigtime WTF there. I hope he makes up for it with the next ep (whenver it is) but I got the distinct feeling that it worked out that way because Amy Acker is still under contract, and that pisses me off.

Galleazzo
03-09-2004, 09:41 AM
I mean yeah, Acker gets to depart from her role and shit, but you got to figure on Rule 1 of an ensemble show: DON'T FUCK WITH THE AUDIENCE. It took fucking years, over a decade, for St Elsewhere to get syndicated, and that was a pretty good show, because the last ep gave the finger to the audience huge.

And you figure you need SOME relationship work on the series. Spike lost Buffy, Gunn and Fred didn't work, Angel and Cordy never happened, shit, it would've been nice for Fred and Wes to have an actual go at it. Now they kill her off, and Joss has shat on us enough this year. I'll be playing GS 9 PM Wednesday.