PDA

View Full Version : How long does it take you?

01-28-2004, 03:37 PM
So before I go to the gym today I'm talking to somebody in IM's and they are telling me how they have to get ready for work.
I get home about 2 hours later and they just finished, and yes they started when I left.
So I'm wondering how bad are you?
I get the Three S's(for the ones who dont know what the three S's are to bad) done and get dressed in probably 15-20min tops if not less depending on how big a hurry I am in.

Mint
01-28-2004, 03:39 PM
Your friend male or female? Big difference in how long it takes but two hours is extreme

Kia
01-28-2004, 03:40 PM
30 minutes after I wake up, I'm out the door.

Some people take longer than others because some people have a lot more work to do on themselves I guess. :P

KIA.

Weedmage Princess
01-28-2004, 03:40 PM
It depends.

If I'm going to work or any place where I don't care, I can be ready in 5-10 minutes.

Otherwise it takes me anywhere from half an hour to an hour..that's mostly cause I'm indecisive. I know I'm not the only one out there who puts on something or does their hair a certain way and then wonders if they changed it, if it would look better. :P

CrystalTears
01-28-2004, 03:41 PM
I take a shower in about 10-15 minutes. 20 if I'm washing my hair and/or shaving. And then maybe another 5 or so minutes to get dressed. I'm not sure what people do to take so long, but then I'm not the type to get all dolled up to go anywhere.

Souzy
01-28-2004, 03:42 PM
Damn, 2 hours?! That's insane. Me, 15 min. minimum or 30 min. max. Maybe 1 hour if I just decide to take my time to drink some tea and watch the news or something.

Also tell us why it takes so damn long
it was a chick but just getting ready for work

Weedmage Princess
Oh I didn't count shower time. Add an extra 25 minutes. ::stare::

Artha
01-28-2004, 03:48 PM
Usually less than 10 minutes, but I shower at night, so that saves time in the morning.

Mint
01-28-2004, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by The Edine
Also tell us why it takes so damn long
it was a chick but just getting ready for work

Makeup, hair? I dont know, it only takes me 45 minutes tops WITH shower

Drew2
01-28-2004, 03:53 PM
I HAVE to shower in the morning or I feel dirty all day.

I wake up about an hour before I leave.. spend 10-15 minutes lounging around, trying to convince myself to stay awake.. then I get in the shower for 5-10 minutes, depending on how energetic I am by then. Then I get out and lounge around some more... eat breakfast, maybe make coffe (rarely). Then I'll look at the clock and realize I only have 10 minutes left so I throw clothes on, brush my teeth, fix hair, gather my stuff then run out the door.

I don't know why I don't manage my time more effeciently. I guess I'm addicted to waiting until the last minute.

Edaarin
01-28-2004, 03:53 PM
Depends...sometimes I wake up 10 minutes before class and shower when I get back. Shaving your head has advantages. Shower, brushing teeth, dressing takes 15 minutes.

Souzy
01-28-2004, 03:54 PM
Hey, some girls wanna look good going into work? Make-up, hair, shower, figuring what to wear? Hell, I dunno!

15 minutes for me if I don't wear make-up that day and worry how my hair looks.

30 minutes if I do want to put make-up on and have my hair all did up. :P

HarmNone
01-28-2004, 04:08 PM
Heh. Fifteen minutes for a shower and about the same to get dressed and put on what little make-up I wear. I cannot imagine what someone would need two full hours to accomplish! :D

HarmNone

peam
01-28-2004, 04:10 PM
I have a schedule, so no idea on how fast I could actually do it.

I wake up/start getting ready an hour beforehand. I'll use today as an example:

11:00-11:20 - Shower
11:20-11:30 - Watch news/Air dry.
11:30-11:40 - Get dressed. (Not including socks and boots.)
11:40-11:45 - Socks, boots, and go.
11:45-12:00 - Getting where I need to be.

There's a lot of screwing off in there. If I was running an efficient project, and didn't want to be so beautiful, I could probably shower and get ready in around 20 minutes.

Latrinsorm
01-28-2004, 04:24 PM
Around 45 minutes. Mostly for shower, cuz after 4 years of Jesuit school, I'm addicted to having hippie-length hair but I'm still stuck-up about being clean. If I could learn how to walk in the morning, it'd probably be shorter. Stumbling is an inefficient mode of transportation.

Miss X
01-28-2004, 04:30 PM
I take about 1h30 to get ready totally. I have to shower and wash my hair, eat breakfast, iron my stuff, get dressed, put my make up on, dry hair, straighten hair which takes forever now I have long hair, then I have to sit down for a few mins because my hair straighteners make me hot and my face gets a bit red. Its gotta get back to normal before leave the house...
Vx

Artha
01-28-2004, 04:34 PM
hair straighteners make me hot

not...touching...mouth...closed.

Miss X
01-28-2004, 04:41 PM
bah! I didnt mean it that way.....

Wezas
01-28-2004, 04:53 PM
Wake up 6:30 to feed dog go back to sleep until 7:30
7:30 hit snooze on alarm clock for 10 more minutes
7:40 wake up, realize how late I am, shower, shave (if it's been a few days) brush my teeth, get dressed
8:00 out the door and in traffic
8:35 - 8:50 arrive at work (should be there at 8:30)
8:35 - Noon - Check message boards, play Diablo II, look busy
Noon - 1:30 - Lunch
1:30 - 5:30 - (see 8:35 - Noon)
5:30 go home

longshot
01-28-2004, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Lalana
Hey, some girls wanna look good going into work? Make-up, hair, shower, figuring what to wear? Hell, I dunno!

You get time to change at your job though, don't you? What's it like, 10 minutes between stages?

Souzy
01-28-2004, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by longshot

Originally posted by Lalana

You get time to change at your job though, don't you? What's it like, 10 minutes between stages?

Bitch! It's more like 20 get it right! J/K, I don't strip asshole.

Zentoph
01-28-2004, 06:31 PM
3-10 minutes, 10 second cleanup.

Vixen
01-28-2004, 06:35 PM
I take my showers at night before I sleep. It makes me feel more relaxed, since I am a crazy insomniac
But usually
For work.. 15 to 20 minutes tops to get ready.
If I am going out stretch it to a half hour MAYBE..
More if I am having clothing crisis
Thats the benefits of having shorter hair and not wearing much makeup I guess

Shari
01-28-2004, 06:57 PM
First, Wezas, what do you do for a living!?! Cause I want your job!

Second, if I'm going to class, I roll out of bed, pull on my flip-flops, brush my teeth and put my hair back in a ponytail. Takes about 10 minutes.

If I care about looking nice, shower, hair, makeup, teeth...takes me about 45 minutes. Problem is..as a girl, you have to SHAVE. There is a signifigant area difference between a man's face and a woman's legs, underarms, and...should a girl be dumb enough to shave other areas. (Wax people!)

With that being said, I have lots of hair. LOTS. It takes 15 minutes to dry mine and not have it look like a bomb went off.

And if you've ever tried to put liquid eyeliner on or mascara on in a rush you usually end up blinding yourself so that takes time and precision.

There are so many other things I could put into this post about women primping and prepping themselves for you GUYS. Imagine if we didn't take 2 hours to get ready?

TheEschaton
01-28-2004, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by Latrinsorm
Around 45 minutes. Mostly for shower, cuz after 4 years of Jesuit school, I'm addicted to having hippie-length hair but I'm still stuck-up about being clean.

Latrinsorm, which Jesuit school? I went Jesuit as well.

And I, as well, had long hippie hair and was, in fact, a hippie, but I was the damn cleanest hippie ever.

For me, it takes about 15 minutes for the shower (add 10 minutes if I shave), 7 or so minutes for breakfast, and 10 minutes to get dressed. Theoretically, I'm done at about the 32 minute mark, but I always wake up at least an hour before I have to go anywhere because I like the silence and easy-goingness of the morning. It's too nice to rush around like an insane man.

-TheEschaton-

Latrinsorm
01-28-2004, 10:33 PM
Fairfield Prep out of Fairfield, CT. You could cut that shaving time down by about 9 minutes if you go electric, you know.

Jesae, the bomb went off hair look has its merits.:yes:

Jenisi
01-28-2004, 10:39 PM
Depends on what I do to my hair, But between showering blow drying and whatever about 30-45 mins. But it can take up to a hour and a half if I spiral curl or crimp my hair.

01-28-2004, 11:10 PM
why do girls do all that shit to thier hair, we guys just dont care...

Hasina
01-28-2004, 11:55 PM
One hour on regular unless I am going to see my boyfriend or out. Work is one hour. The rest, two+

Hips
01-28-2004, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by Latrinsorm
Fairfield Prep out of Fairfield, CT.

FHS kicks Prep's ass!

That aside, it takes me an hour to get ready, tops. :thumbsup:

Latrinsorm
01-29-2004, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by GS3 Michiko
FHS kicks Prep's ass!Prep produces 5 CEO's a year (and only 4 are jerks).

FHS produced... John Mayer.

Oh yeah, you got us beat, alright. :P

Pierat
01-29-2004, 11:51 AM
Some people Edine have trouble getting ready cause of other factors... My mom is severly depressed right now, and because shes so unhappy, with herself, her career, etc...etc.. its taking her about 3 hours to get ready now, and cant even really function, so im sure that some people take more time who are dealing with tough times, maybe not quite so bad as my mom, but none the less

Wezas
01-29-2004, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Jesae
First, Wezas, what do you do for a living!?! Cause I want your job!

Programmer. Now and then I'll spend 20-30 minutes on making a new program that my boss says "Wow, that looks amazing". And I tell her it took a few days.

Wezas
01-29-2004, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by Zentoph

Zentoph, sometimes it's best to read the first post before you post based only on the subject. (or what you think is the subject).

I think that can be an entirely new thread.

Brat8525
01-29-2004, 12:14 PM
I get up at 4;45am get my 2 and 4 year old up fed and dressed, get my new puppy out to take care of business and get myself ready and out the door by 5;25am.......I rule....;o)

CrystalTears
01-29-2004, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Wezas

Originally posted by Zentoph

Zentoph, sometimes it's best to read the first post before you post based only on the subject. (or what you think is the subject).

I think that can be an entirely new thread.

::chokes on her coke and laughs and laughs::

AnticorRifling
01-29-2004, 01:16 PM
Wake up at 4:05 AM, at the gym lifting at 4:30 AM that includes travel time and making my lunch for the day. 30 minutes to get ready at the gym would include hot tub, sauna, shower, and getting dressed.

HarmNone
01-29-2004, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Pierat
Some people Edine have trouble getting ready cause of other factors... My mom is severly depressed right now, and because shes so unhappy, with herself, her career, etc...etc.. its taking her about 3 hours to get ready now, and cant even really function, so im sure that some people take more time who are dealing with tough times, maybe not quite so bad as my mom, but none the less

Pierat, I am sorry to hear your mom is having such a bad time right now. I do hope she is getting some help. In this day and time, there is really no need to feel that badly about things. There is medication that can help; sometimes, just talking to someone about it can do wonders.

Please, give her a big hug for me. :)

HarmNone

Latrinsorm
01-29-2004, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by AnticorRifling
Wake up at 4:05 AM,:barf::barf::barf:

TheEschaton
01-29-2004, 07:10 PM
Canisius High School, Buffalo NY. Since 1886, bay-bee!

-TheE-