PDA

View Full Version : Minotaur Labyrinth

ceran
11-04-2008, 05:34 PM
Since I am no longer going to be hunting in the labyrinth anymore figured I would share a few things with those who will be starting to hunt there.
The following is a list of all the main rooms you need to know to get around the labyrinth. Would recommend highlighting these rooms.

(A)
[Labyrinth]
Bright torchlight shines about the area, illuminating the brightly painted stones placed along the border of a small, spiked pit in the floor. The pit itself is not deep, but the dark stains and torn clothing on the protruding spikes indicate that it served its purpose.
Obvious exits: north, northeast, east, southeast, south, southwest, west, northwest

(B)
[Labyrinth, Crossroads]
Dimly glowing firepits rest along the base of the wall with increased regularity, vastly improving area visibility. The path opens at a large granite archway carved into the stone walls, though what lies beyond is shrouded in darkness.
Obvious exits: east, southwest, west, northwest

(C)
[Labyrinth, The Unending Path]
Moisture glistens softly along the cave's walls, streaming slowly toward the rocky floor.
Obvious exits: north, northeast, east, southeast, south, southwest, west, northwest

(D)
[Labyrinth, The Unending Path]
The path continues through the darkness via a series of statue-flanked arches. Each statue rests atop a sturdy stone pedestal and depicts a well-armed human soldier with a bull's head. The arches are etched with runes, though their meanings have been lost to time.

(E)
[Labyrinth, The Forge]
Sweltering heat and the stench of rot smother the area, striking at the senses from the forge-fires that burn throughout the area.

(F)
[Labyrinth, The Forge]
The hall ends at an elaborately carved doorway that leads into a dark, open room. A pair of stone pedestals rests on either side of the doorway, each supporting a bronzed soldier statue. You also see a chipped dark granite stair.

(G)
[Labyrinth]
A single torch flickers gently, casting a dancing light that breaks the dark monotony of the tunnel.

A little diagram of the crossroads to give an idea for positioning

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .(E)
. . . . . . . . . . . . .(C). . . . . . ///
. . . . . . . . . . . . .\\\. . . .go arc
. . . . . . . . . . . . . .\\\. . . .///
(A)-------------------(B)---------
. . . . . . . . . . . . . /// . . . . . . .///
. . . . . . . . . . . . .///. . . . . . . ///
. . . . . . . . . . . .(D). . . . . . . (G)

When you go through the trap door to get into the maze you want to find the crossroad which I consider the center of the maze. So look for (A) . Once you find (A) entrance to the crossroads will always be east. Now the tricky part comes in cause it always changes. If you want to go to the forge you go through the arc then there should be a direction to move which will bring you to(E),
You will need to remember that direction cause it will change atleast once a day so that you can find your way out.

Also section (G) is the area of the maze that has the exit room. I only used that once you will get hurt going out that way.
Section (F) is in section (E) but if you go up the stairs will lead to the dark altar which is behind a set of doors that you have to push on to get into.
The dark alter is not a changing area so is easy to manuever about it, but is very small.
Need to pull on the doors to get back to the Labyrinth.

**** My little hint****
Go behind the door when you are almost done hunting seems to be full of critters at that point.

Now most of this might not make sense till you have been to the Labyrinth. But if you have any questions or would like someone to help you get used to it drop me a message and I will gladly help you out in anyway I can.

Askip
11-04-2008, 07:25 PM
<< section (G) is the area of the maze that has the exit room. I only used that once you will get hurt going out that way. >>

Did you Fog/Gate/Ring out instead? CAN you Fog/Gate/Ring out? How about Sign of Darkness?

How is the loot recently?

:D

Amber
11-04-2008, 07:37 PM
You can ring out, that's what I do. Loot is kinda meh, unless my hunting partner is keeping the bulk of it.

ceran
11-04-2008, 07:43 PM
The last week of hunting there I found a fireleaf shield and a few weapons (one was crit weighted). Seem to bring out about 15k a short hunt there between boxes and gems easy. The good loot seems to be behind the doors always find 4-5 boxes when I go in there.

Skins there are not worth much about 250-400 silvers a piece.

You can ring out, fog out symbol or sign out. Just can not get in anyway but through the trap doors.

ceran
11-04-2008, 08:04 PM
Just a small list of the weapons and armor i have found in the last month in minotaurs.

a vultite knee-breaker
an engraved orase runestaff
a sharply-honed ora broadsword
a scorched kakore runestaff
a vultite-edged imflass broadsword
a grey ora falchion
a fine gornar longsword
an embossed imflass shield
a sharp black ora main gauche
a rhimar discus,
fel-handled ora war hammer
a glaes-tipped mithril bastard sword
a glaes-hilted mithril longsword
an archaic ironwood runestaff
a sharply-honed zorchar handaxe
a flimsy razern handaxe
a polished ora aegis
an old spiked ora aegis
an etched imflass aegis
a thick fireleaf greatshield
some ornate vultie chain mail

So I would say the loot is pretty good.

Allereli
11-04-2008, 08:10 PM
http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?t=30478&highlight=labyrinth

Amber
11-04-2008, 08:10 PM
Weird. I haven't found any weapons there at all, and I'm uphunting 14 levels or so.

Tolwynn
11-04-2008, 08:16 PM
It really seems to vary by person for whatever reason. I don't find much gear at all there, but I do haul out a ton of gems, and enough boxes to make a rogue working lockmastery very happy.

thefarmer
11-04-2008, 08:48 PM
I never came out with more than 5k in coins/gems on a long hunt, uphunting.

ceran
11-04-2008, 08:53 PM
Are you going to the dark altar area because that is where I find most of it.

Allereli
11-04-2008, 08:54 PM
group hunting definitely affected my treasure there. I got a lot more with my hunting partner than without.

Amber
11-04-2008, 09:01 PM
I go there with my hunting partner. I tend to die when I go in on my own and get swarmed, but even with the two of us, we don't make much. Found a couple of cheap enhancives...+1 inf armband and a +1 polearm earring, if I remember correctly. We make about 5k a hunt, I'd guess, not counting boxes which all get lockered till we've accumulated a lockerful.

ceran
11-04-2008, 09:03 PM
Never really hunted in a group much there as I am an ambushing ranger. Think I group hunted maybe five or six times in there but saw a good jump in loot when others where in there hunting. But that could be because of the spawn rate going up.

Allereli
11-04-2008, 09:34 PM
Never really hunted in a group much there as I am an ambushing ranger.

I hunt with an ambushing rogue

ceran
11-04-2008, 10:11 PM
Just did a hunt there and at 84 trains I still pulled a few good gems course a couple of others where about too so spawn rate went up.

You have 6147 coins with you. (from looting)
a battered silver trunk
an uncut emerald
a black opal
a gaudy stone grey cloak
a golden beryl gem
a star sapphire
an acid-pitted iron box
a badly damaged silver trunk
an oaken wand
an uncut diamond
a golden topaz
a turquoise stone
a violet sapphire
a minotaur hoof
a green sapphire
a pink spinel
a violet sapphire
a star sapphire
an uncut emerald
an ayanad crystal
a large black pearl
a minotaur hoof

In the xxxxxxxxxxx disk you see a the following:
2 Boxes: a rotting maoral chest, a scratched steel coffer

Was a bit of a long hunt though got 3/4 of a mind worth of experience

And the hoof just for people that like to skin:
You turn the minotaur hoof over in your hands, meticulously inspecting for flaws. You estimate that the minotaur hoof is of magnificent quality and worth approximately 350 silvers!

MotleyCrew
11-04-2008, 11:37 PM
anyone got an updated map?

Ignot
11-04-2008, 11:43 PM
http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?t=30478&highlight=labyrinth

this is the best thread to learn how to navigate the labyrinth. Also, getting lost in it is part of the fun. I remember dropping coins just to try and get my bearings in there. Its one of my fav hunting grounds if they would only boost the gen rate.

ceran
11-04-2008, 11:45 PM
No real map of the area because it constantly changes from day to day. All the rooms seem to switch around in each of the five mazes. For instance earlier today all you had to do once you dropped through the trapdoor was go east twice to get to the crossroads and that has already changed.