PDA

View Full Version : a stygian shade-skink

Xiandrena
11-04-2008, 04:59 AM
Delivery for the skink can be made to Icemule, Landing, Solhaven or Four Winds.

Will consider trades but really am not looking for anything in particular.

Bids can be sent by PM or AIM at sylphpath.

MB: - Obviously this being blank it's 1 coin :D
CB: - Sold in a buyout to someone who really really wanted the leezard.
BO: 40 million silver.

a stygian shade-skink
Twitching and shuddering at odd intervals, the tiny creature appears to be little more than a shadow lent feeble substance. Its stygian-cored form wavers like a candle's flame, but the shade-skink maintains a rough lizard shape augmented by odd, elongated limbs. Each of the six tendril-like legs spreads into a trio of tiny black talons. Twin pinpoints of carmine luminescence shine from where the creature's eyes ought to be.

>rub shade-skink
You caress the stygian shade-skink's spine, gently so as not to harm the fragile reptilian shape. A momentary burst of opalescence spreads along the creature's back in response to your touch before segueing into uniform darkness.

>turn my shade
You flip the stygian shade-skink over on your palm. The little shadow creature struggles for a few moments like an overturned bug before its elongated limbs retract into its body and sprout anew from its underside. Rotating freely on the shade-skink's torso, its head and tail simply flip themselves over so the little beast is standing once again. It winks a carmine eye at you.

>prod my shade
The shade-skink digs its tiny talons into the skin of your finger as you attempt to prod it in the belly.

>pull my shade
As you pull on the stygian shade-skink's tail, it loses substance! Your fingers slip into the shadows that compose the creature, chilling the offending digits to the bone.

>pet my shade
You gently probe the body of the stygian shade-skink. As your fingers press against its oily-slick skin, tiny aurorae ripple outward from the point of contact. They limn the nearby flesh in mother-of-pearl hues that are slow to fade.

>lick my shad
Abruptly, you decide to lick your shade-skink. A taste of rot and charred oil washes across your tongue.

>tap my shade
You tap your stygian shade-skink on its tiny shoulder, soliciting a wave of pastel hues that echoes along the length of its body before fading into shadow. The creature's carmine eyes narrow in what appears to be irritation.

>wear shade
You grip your stygian shade-skink carefully about its neck and hold the creature over your other arm. The shade-skink seems to sense what is about to happen, and it begins to twitch and quiver with terror. Its keening cries bite at your mind like daggers as you lower it into your skin. Instead of contacting your flesh like a solid being ought to, the shade-skink sublimates into a slick, chill mist that bites into your waiting flesh. You feel something shift beneath your skin and rub at it, swiftly warming the area. As you withdraw your hand, you note with satisfaction that the lizard has metamorphosed into a vague lizard-shaped mark on your arm.

>remove mark
Your lizard-shaped mark takes on the form of a small, shadowy creature as it oozes into your free hand.

Izzy
11-04-2008, 09:04 AM
This isn't really in reply to your post specifically, but it makes me sad that (apparently) all of the free skinks went to people who didn't actually want them. Or, people are money greedy. Why don't people who actually want these items (read: me) win them :(

Some Rogue
11-04-2008, 09:10 AM
That's why most things should just be attuned like WoW does.

Swami71
11-04-2008, 09:11 AM
This isn't really in reply to your post specifically, but it makes me sad that (apparently) all of the free skinks went to people who didn't actually want them. Or, people are money greedy. Why don't people who actually want these items (read: me) win them :(

Izzy needs more friends. :(

Solkern
11-04-2008, 09:13 AM
Didn't Kitsun want this?

Kitsun
11-04-2008, 09:18 AM
I see it! I sent her a PM and I'll be IMing her later.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
11-04-2008, 09:21 AM

I didn't know if I wanted it or not. I gave it a chance, decided I didn't really like it, and then used it to get silver to get stuff I do want.

I can totally understand the frustration but for people who don't always have a ton of silvers, winning a skink made it so they could finally trade/get silvers to get something they've always wanted.

Solkern
11-04-2008, 09:22 AM
omg, i r bid 10m

Izzy
11-04-2008, 09:43 AM
I didn't know if I wanted it or not. I gave it a chance, decided I didn't really like it, and then used it to get silver to get stuff I do want.

I can totally understand the frustration but for people who don't always have a ton of silvers, winning a skink made it so they could finally trade/get silvers to get something they've always wanted.

I hear ya. Mostly I'm just whining about the 50m price tag I had to pony up for because I really DID want it o_O, whereas others that don't/didn't so much got them for free and get rich off of them!. Ok, I didn't have to do anything, but still. Why can't I get those freebies?! :)

Xiandrena
11-04-2008, 12:06 PM
I fully intended to keep it, but the novelty of having a skink in my tunic has worn off. You can't wear them yet because they're still buggy...

There isn't anything that I need to keep it for...no roleplay, nothing.

Xiandrena
11-04-2008, 12:32 PM
Da skinkers is sold on a buyout, thank you for your interest. :D