PDA

View Full Version : Stun Skulls?

Nemireck
11-03-2008, 11:19 PM
Do these even still exist? I remember way back there were skulls floatin around that you could stare at and you'd fall back stunned. Are they still around? Who has one for sale?

Gan
11-04-2008, 01:43 AM
They still exist. Rogues find them very handy for guild reps (stunman).

I did not see any listed on playershops.com so you might try scanning the officials for items over 1m and under 10m category.

Nemireck
11-04-2008, 04:13 AM
What are the 'officials'? If you'll excuse my ignorance.

How can I tell the difference between a stun-skull and a regular skull? Is there something in the description that will let me know? In other words, what, exactly, am I looking for?

Some Rogue
11-04-2008, 07:37 AM
I actually prefer the stunning jewelry. There's a trick to removing them and if you try to take them off normally, they stun you for a flat 30 seconds. It frees your hands up and lets you get two reps in usually. :D

Gan
11-04-2008, 07:39 AM
Here's mention of them in Krakipedia.
http://www.krakiipedia.org/wiki/Stun_Maneuvers

I dont have a merchant listing of stunning skulls to list the description, since they have been around from early 2000 or 2001. They stun when you peer into it while holding it. I've owned a couple over the years and each one I've seen has had a different description. So if you buy one, ask the seller to demo it first - just to make sure.

I would imagine the price is still around 1 to 5 million silvers. I sold mine for approx. 2m each a few years ago. Your best bet is to ask around the landing on the amunet or hit the official bbs (gemstone message boards) and ask/look in the merchant's folder.

Kyra231
11-04-2008, 07:49 AM
The skulls still exist, I have one on my rogue in prime along with one of those webbing cloaks. I tried selling them(& all my other old 'stuff') on the officials once, no response so the account is just collecting dust.

Abyran'sa
11-04-2008, 04:53 PM
When they first came out you could drop the skulls on the ground and they would sprout wings and plonk after its owner, biting those who tried to snag 'em, but apparently they lost that ability at some point. :(

Sereg's puppeteer, who thinks they should be changed back now that everyone doesn't own one!

Nemireck
11-04-2008, 05:18 PM
What's funny is way back in 2001 they were so common I actually HAD one given to me for free at the time. THink they sold for like 10k on the black net in Landing back then.

If only I'd kept that character... Ah well.

joehollywood
11-07-2008, 10:59 AM
yeah I had a crap ton of those skulls, even gave a few as tips for healing and whatnot. I still have one left and I ain't coughing it up. I may have a few skull/stunning weapons if you want one.

Widgets
11-07-2008, 04:30 PM
I just use my spring loaded boots in an enclosed room. Tap'em, poof you're stunned for approx. 12 seconds...Works wonders for Stunmans

Gan
11-24-2008, 01:44 PM
If you're still looking for one...

http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?t=38062

Someone has one posted here on the PC.

Kyra231
11-24-2008, 01:46 PM
I know Nem got one from my account before I tossed the rest in the donation bin. Maybe someone else is looking though.

Outdrsyguy1
11-24-2008, 02:16 PM
you could also punch or kick them and they would give you a rank 1 wound. Unless you did it 2 times in a row and then rank 2... hehe
You could maul yourself pretty good playing with them, course, nowadays whoever healed you would get banned...

Allereli
11-24-2008, 02:58 PM
anyone ever try using the stunning rift gems for stunman reps?

Dwarven Empath
11-24-2008, 03:19 PM
What are the 'officials'? If you'll excuse my ignorance.

How can I tell the difference between a stun-skull and a regular skull? Is there something in the description that will let me know? In other words, what, exactly, am I looking for?

Here's what mine looks like:

>glance
You glance down to see a cracked skull in your right hand and nothing in your left hand.
>l skull
You look carefully at the skull and just for a moment... you think you see a dim glow in its eye sockets.
>wave skull
You wave the skull around making its teeth chatter loudly.

Its just "a cracked skull"

Bokertal
11-24-2008, 09:43 PM
i found skulls at ebons gate, not the same as the old skulls. correct me if im wrong please. I had a biting nasty bitch skull years ago....8, 10? I dont' know. I like the critter, made it part of my character at the time. it is lost to the freezer.

m1kinsey
11-24-2008, 09:50 PM
I'll sell mine for 2m. Hit me with a PM or AIM me at m1kinsey.

Septik
11-25-2008, 01:23 PM
I have one for sale. A black skull.

How much you offerin? PM me.

Septik

Nilandia
11-25-2008, 01:28 PM
I always knew them as spooky skulls, so add that to the list of what they look like.

Gretchen