PDA

View Full Version : Reputation

Solkern
11-02-2008, 09:25 AM
Since someone suggested it, let's do it.

Deathravin
11-02-2008, 09:36 AM
For you all bitching about the anonymity part. Why not just add a button where you can 'sign' the rep comment. It can leave a username tag that can't be duplicated on the comment.

People that sign comments are happy. People that don't want to sign comments are happy. People that sign comments as others are stopped. And the people that don't care just keep on not caring.

C Thread Date User Comment
G FOX pwns Joe the Plumber 10-30-2008 10:02 AM Anonymous Keep on keepin on

Moist Happenings
11-02-2008, 10:58 AM
For you all bitching about the anonymity part. Why not just add a button where you can 'sign' the rep comment. It can leave a username tag that can't be duplicated on the comment.

That'd at least make it so you can't sign rep as somebody else. It'd take the annoyance factor down for a lot of people. Personally I've not had any negative rep signed, so it hasn't really affected me, nor would it really if somebody did sign negative rep as anyone else because I don't immediately go and negative rep people back unless they say something worth it. However, I could see it as a nuisance.

I think forcing a signature though would keep a lot of the really retarded comments down. How many people just use it as a way to take an anonymous shot at somebody they don't like instead of using it to make a genuine comment about a post? By the look of my own negative rep anyway, I'd say not a huge number, but a significant enough amount.

Take away the anonymity altogether, and the few people being douche bags would at least end up with a closer eye on their own posts with less tolerance for stupidity than might normally be given.

Audriana
11-02-2008, 11:41 AM
I used to read and post on Allakhazam a lot for FFXI. Their reputation was completely anonymous, but there weren't comments attached to it.

Rep doesn't matter anyway, do away with it or keep it, doesn't matter to me in the slightest. It just shows yourself and others how popular (or unpopular) you are. Unless we can just hide the posts from anybody with two or more red squares, I don't see the problem either way.

I say don't add a signature, but take out the comments.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
11-02-2008, 11:57 AM
I used to read and post on Allakhazam a lot for FFXI. Their reputation was completely anonymous, but there weren't comments attached to it.

Rep doesn't matter anyway, do away with it or keep it, doesn't matter to me in the slightest. It just shows yourself and others how popular (or unpopular) you are. Unless we can just hide the posts from anybody with two or more red squares, I don't see the problem either way.

I say don't add a signature, but take out the comments.

As someone has pointed out, for people who merchant it could present a problem to have negative rep (red squares).

AestheticDeath
11-02-2008, 12:03 PM
In my case it's my fault. I should have made two accounts and separated the personality from the merchant like a lot of other people do. I just hate having to deal with two names.

If I come back to gemstone again later, I may do that though.

Nieninque
11-02-2008, 12:38 PM
omg ohnoez...someone gave me a red button!!!!!!111111

Moist Happenings
11-02-2008, 12:53 PM
Actually, what would be nice, though it would be a pain in the ass to code, is if the rep system had a function where if you have X amount of rep, you can set an option on a thread you create to prevent anyone with less than 0 or less than some amount of rep from posting there.

It would at least give some consequence to acting like a douche bag aside from having a little red button instead of having a little green one.

FNLN
11-02-2008, 01:44 PM
Or just allow a bunch of people to get together and red pen a poster they don't like.

Moist Happenings
11-02-2008, 01:46 PM
Or just allow a bunch of people to get together and red pen a poster they don't like.

Yeah. If something like that were to be implemented it would have to be pretty heavily regulated. If that were the case it would be cool, but it's not really a viable route for this forum.

Stanley Burrell
11-02-2008, 01:53 PM
I voted take it away because I feel bad for you.

diethx
11-02-2008, 03:32 PM
As someone has pointed out, for people who merchant it could present a problem to have negative rep (red squares).

Not really, since pretty much everyone knows what a joke rep is.

omg ohnoez...someone gave me a red button!!!!!!111111

^

Gan
11-02-2008, 09:28 PM
As someone considering using a particular merchant, I would rely more upon what results the search feature turned up than the rep system.

Just sayin...

Daniel
11-02-2008, 11:50 PM
I dont endorse anything that makes internet = serious business.

Some people take this shit way too seriously. Signing my name to negative rep in folders I don't even read\give a shit about?

Smooth.

Latrinsorm
03-25-2009, 12:51 AM
/bump
:noob:

How does this work? How much rep do I have to spread around before I can re-rep someone? This and all social interactions leave me baffled.

Celephais
03-25-2009, 01:03 AM
/bump
:noob:

How does this work? How much rep do I have to spread around before I can re-rep someone? This and all social interactions leave me baffled.
Basically all rep is good for is making it so that when you negative rep someone it's all the more devestating. It's fun to turn a bot into red bubbles before they get wiped out.
http://www.deadlylight.com/images/redrep.png

People should positive rep you for all the awesome math stuff you've posted on these boards. I sure did (as diethx put it... i bumped your bubbles).

diethx
03-25-2009, 01:04 AM
You need to rep 20 other people before you can rep the same person again.

diethx
03-25-2009, 01:05 AM
I tried to bump his bubbles, but no such luck. :(

Celephais
03-25-2009, 01:07 AM
I tried to bump his bubbles, but no such luck. :(
Probably right after I bumped him... Elven Fury measured mine at something like 45 rep, so you're probably right around there, so he's probably pretty close to that fourth bubble.

Latrin, there is a certain element of GS involved too... the forumla for amount of positive and negative rep someone gives is hidden!!! That means we can back it out! OH BOY!

diethx
03-25-2009, 01:33 AM
Kit said I gave 41, so yea close.

Latrinsorm
03-25-2009, 01:48 AM
Latrin, there is a certain element of GS involved too... the forumla for amount of positive and negative rep someone gives is hidden!!! That means we can back it out! OH BOY!lol
People should positive rep you for all the awesome math stuff you've posted on these boards. I sure did (as diethx put it... i bumped your bubbles).Thanks!
You need to rep 20 other people before you can rep the same person again.:C

I was leaving a totally sweet sig on one of them but it got too long and the infernal machine cut me off. I figured I'd bs rep 5 people or something, but 20? The Lord frowns upon this, but shines his face upon you stewards of knowledge. Shining your face on someone is less creepy if you're a deity, I guess.

Tisket
03-25-2009, 02:03 AM
God frowns on whores but if you use your rep up on the posters in this thread they then return the favor thus increasing your bubbliciousness: http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?t=39831&page=122

Make sure to make a note in the thread when you do so.

Cephalopod
03-25-2009, 11:49 AM
I think I just bumped his bubble.