PDA

View Full Version : Lazy. Impatient. Need bard..post haste!!

Moist Happenings
10-30-2008, 02:19 PM
Anybody with a bard near the Landing or Icemule around and available to sing to something for me?

Jaimaltz
10-30-2008, 06:24 PM
Bards are never available when you actually need them. However, as soon as one is willing to help, there's no one that needs the work. I was too lazy to hunt my bard a few months ago, and just had him sitting at a table in the landing. I put up thoughts advertising that I'm willing to sing to stuff for people. I'd go hours at a time with no interest whatsoever.

BTW, my bard is in Ta'Illistim, so I can't help you. :goodluck:

Moist Happenings
10-30-2008, 06:28 PM
Haha, yeah I know what you mean. I did finally get one bard that was willing to sing to the thing, but I don't think he was any higher than level 15, so I'm still looking for one to give me a real definitive answer. I found a smooth mossbark runestaff in a box today which appraised for 72k at the pawnshop. I was told that was a very high appraisal for it because someone had sold theirs to the pawnshop for 20k the other day, and it probably had some sort of enhanvice effect on it, but all the bard could get was that it was +15, which of course is standard for the material.

Stretch
10-30-2008, 06:28 PM
My bard is in the Landing - PM / Psinet chat to me if you still need help

EDIT: As an aside, pawnshops tend to overvalue runestaves in my experience; I've pulled a few "normal" witchwood runestaves that appraised for 100k+ at Kilron's

Moist Happenings
10-30-2008, 06:31 PM
EDIT: As an aside, pawnshops tend to overvalue runestaves in my experience; I've pulled a few "normal" witchwood runestaves that appraised for 100k+ at Kilron's

Oh yeah, definitely. I wouldn't have given it a second thought if somebody hadn't told me they found one that was nearly the same and sold it for 20k there. Now I just want to be sure.

Stretch
10-30-2008, 06:38 PM
The first thing that strikes you about the runestaff is the weight, which is about 4 pounds. In your best estimation, it's worth about 200,000 silvers.

You sense a faint aura of magic around the mossbark runestaff. From the pitch of the vibration you determine that the purpose of the runestaff is as some type of weapon.

It has a bonus of +15 from a normal runestaff, and the way it vibrates in tune with your voice tells you that it requires skill in twohanded weapons to use effectively. It also has some type of special ability, but you can't tell what yet.

The harmonics generated tell you that the runestaff helps defend the one who wields it.

Moist Happenings
10-30-2008, 06:38 PM
Thanks again Stretch.

To test the total bonus of the defending thing I have to just find another 3x runestaff, have somebody sit in offensive and swing at them to test the difference, right?