PDA

View Full Version : 923 - Self-recharging wand.

Stry
10-30-2008, 05:44 AM
I picked this up earlier and while I love playing with it I've come across a few items I would like much more than this little toy and so I'm putting it back up for sale.

So here's the stats

a gold-streaked mithril tube with one bulbous end

The mithril tube appears to be a mixture of gnome tinkering and magical science. The tip of the tube resembles nothing more than a wizard's wand except for a small opening at the very end. Moving towards the center, the influence of tinker gnomes can be seen. Small wheels and gears spin about the axis of the tube, sucking in air and forcing it through miniature cylinders and pumps. The final product of this effort, drops of moisture extracted from the air are sent via small hoses to a clear globe at the back of the tube for storage. In the globe, the water levels from all the collected moisture provides a sloshy indication of the amount of water available for use. The globe is so full that water is dripping from the relief valve.

point tube at bear
[d100 = 55 + skill bonus 143 + mod -30 - spell lvl = 180]
A cloud of vaporized water boils out of the tip of your mithril tube as you point it at a great brown bear.
You hurl a seething blast of steam at a great brown bear!
AS: +319 vs DS: +89 with AvD: +57 + d100 roll: +54 = +341
... and hit for 179 points of damage!
The great brown bear's head is engulfed in a hot ball of steam. Brain is nicely cooked!
The great brown bear collapses heavily into a heap on the ground and dies.
Roundtime: 3 sec.

[d100 = 91 + skill bonus 143 + mod -30 - spell lvl = 216]
A cloud of vaporized water boils out of the tip of your mithril tube as you point it at a rolton.
You hurl a seething blast of steam at a rolton!
AS: +319 vs DS: +25 with AvD: +70 + d100 roll: +81 = +445
... and hit for 239 points of damage!
Boiling stream strikes left arm! Steamed, not fried.
The rolton bleats loudly as she slumps to the ground and cradles her wounded left foreleg.
The rolton lets out a final agonized bleat and dies.
Roundtime: 3 sec.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This wand holds 10 (may have been 12) charges fully charges. Regains a charge every 2 hours. The bulb in the show indicates how full it is.

It has a hard RT so you can haste yourself and cast with a 1 second RT. This is because it is a mechanical and magical item. It also costs 23 mana per cast.

This spell was back from the GS3 days I believe, correct me if I'm wrong.
And yes that really is 70 AvD you see there.

Drop me offers on AIM or PM me if interested.

I would be interested in silvers, trades for exceptional two-handed weapons or armor.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

sold on a trade offer

AestheticDeath
10-30-2008, 07:46 AM
Its a wand but costs mana to use? Bummer.

Belnia
10-30-2008, 09:13 AM
Weight?

Stry
10-30-2008, 04:24 PM
You carefully examine the mithril tube and determine that the weight is about 9 pounds.
Roundtime: 5 sec.
IR>wei tube
You carefully examine the mithril tube and determine that the weight is about 8 pounds.
IR>wei tube
You carefully examine the mithril tube and determine that the weight is about 9 pounds.
IR>wei tube
IR>wei tube

Stry
10-30-2008, 04:28 PM
Oh, I guess it also has a nice lore song

but the bard kinda winds up stunned. I havn't had anyone try it yet.

Danical
10-31-2008, 04:50 PM
What spell is 923?

Major Steam or something?

Any info on the spell, itself?

Widgets
10-31-2008, 05:32 PM
yea, this is the old steam wand/rod. At one point or another Josh (Kormis) was selling it on the forums, so I dunno if Stry was the one who purchased it or not etc

Stry
10-31-2008, 10:25 PM
I'm not sure on the spell, I'll have to do some research on some old GS3 notes I have kicking around and find out for you.

Edit: I'll check it later tonight, my work server won't let me into my old GS# notes.

Stry
11-01-2008, 02:41 AM
Well, I checked my notes, didn't find much.
If anyone has any info on the spell itself feel free to post it.

It does cost 23 mana, which is why I presume what I was told is true.

Stry
12-08-2008, 12:44 AM
bump, still looking to sell or trade

Tolwynn
12-08-2008, 02:07 AM
Just to clarify, it's a steam bolt, in effect?

Belnia
12-08-2008, 09:16 AM
More like Cone of Steam, I do believe it will hit everything in the room. Still, 23 mana per use is weak.

Stry
12-09-2008, 09:33 PM
Yes, it's a steam bolt in effect.

Stry
01-11-2009, 12:17 AM
ka bump.

looking for around 11mil ish.

or a nice looking set of FGB or a perfect 7x maul or mattock

crb
01-11-2009, 09:35 AM
Its a wand but costs mana to use? Bummer.
Ya, it sucks, a Pox on whatever GM coded this.

9 pounds, hard RT, and uses mana (a lot of mana). I believe if you're encumbered the RT even goes up, like as if you were swinging. I think everyone who buys it realizes it sucks after the steam novelty wears off and that is why these get sold so often.

phantasm
01-11-2009, 11:20 AM
I would pay 5 million for this, just to help Stryder cut some of his losses.

Belnia
01-11-2009, 11:43 PM
It's a shame, because the item is so cool in theory and so crappy in practice. The description changes as the bulb fills up with steam and everything. This one had some major potential, but ended up sucking :(

Methais
01-12-2009, 12:25 AM
Well, I checked my notes, didn't find much.
If anyone has any info on the spell itself feel free to post it.

It does cost 23 mana, which is why I presume what I was told is true.

According to the skill check, it's a level 12 spell. I'm guessing the mana cost follows the self mana item rule of 2x mana cost, and the spell being <insert unlearnable sphere #>12 (i.e. 2612 or whatever it's numbered), but then that'd be 24 mana instead of 23. But the spell itself seems about right for a level 12 bolt spell.

I'm not a big numbers person and I'm probably way off though, so someone else figure it out.

Or maybe I'm right, which makes me even more awesome than I was a minute ago.

[d100 = 55 + skill bonus 143 + mod -30 - spell lvl = 180]

180 + 30 - 143 - 55 = 12

Stry
01-25-2009, 12:56 AM
lol, awesome

thanks for doing the math Methias :)

5mil? booo that's way to low. I'd take a big loss on it if I did that. :(

btw the regular unencumbered hard RT is 3 seconds.. my mage is always encumbered and it doesn't go up unless I'm above significant encumberance.

If I cast haste I can use it in 1 second even with encumberance.

It's hard RT but it doesn't follow the regular rules which can be an advantage. It's the same speed as casting any spell the difference is that it can be faster with haste and slightly slower if you are maxed out with encumberance.

Sorry for the late reply. I've been swamped since college started up again. le sigh. (1 more year)