PDA

View Full Version : Who here can't touch cotton

Jayvn
10-29-2008, 12:15 PM
I woulda made a poll but i'm too fail at pc apparently.... It occured to me i'm not the only one who can't touch cotton balls.. not just the ones in pill bottles but pretty much any type of overly fluffy soft fibery grossness that makes my skin crawl and me feel ill.

It's not a fear of cotton... it's just when i think about touching it or i actually do it's worse than fingernails on the chalkboard.

and glue and cotton is the worst...i hated that part of kindergarten. So does anyone else suffer from i cant touch cottoness?..i woulda made a terrible slave.

CrystalTears
10-29-2008, 12:28 PM
Does that mean you're allergic to your underwear?

Miss Ismurii
10-29-2008, 12:28 PM
Oh you poor thing, I never heard of someone who can't touch cotton.

Izzy
10-29-2008, 12:30 PM
My sister has a similar spine-tingling reaction when she uses paper napkins, or hears someone else use one.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
10-29-2008, 12:31 PM
My brother-in-law has that same issue, with the cotton balls and such.

Phobias suck. :/

Ashliana
10-29-2008, 02:37 PM
I don't mind cotton as a fabric, but cotton balls.. I hate tearing them apart, or hearing/seeing it done.

Also styrofoam. I can't STAND touching or hearing styrofoam break. I just gave myself a few shudders by thinking about it.

Necromancer
10-29-2008, 02:43 PM
Do you have that problem with a lot of things? Hatred of wool? Do you have to remove the tags from your clothing? Could be sensory integration dysfunction. Or it could just be 'one of those things'

Stanley Burrell
10-29-2008, 02:50 PM
Yeah.

Tsa`ah
10-29-2008, 02:59 PM
I don't like touching anything (non-adhesive) that sticks to callused skin/non-manicured nails/rough cuticles.

Moist Happenings
10-29-2008, 03:01 PM
I don't mind cotton, but I can't touch paper bags, or peaches.

Kranar
10-29-2008, 03:09 PM
Aaahhh...

Just the thought alone makes me clench my fist and feel disgust.

I can't stand it.

Nieninque
10-29-2008, 03:26 PM
freaks

Gan
10-29-2008, 03:33 PM
Touching cotton....

makes me feel naughty.

:devil:

Malvadere
10-29-2008, 03:56 PM
I can't stand or even think about drinking from straws. I hate straws.

CrystalTears
10-29-2008, 04:10 PM
What a shame, because if I saw a vat or tub filled with cotton balls I'd lie in it and fall asleep like a baby. So yummy.

Gan
10-29-2008, 04:19 PM
What a shame, because if I saw a vat or tub filled with cotton balls I'd lie in it and fall asleep like a baby. So yummy.

A vat or tub filled with cotton balls can be fun for other things too. ;)

CrystalTears
10-29-2008, 04:21 PM
A vat or tub filled with cotton balls can be fun for other things too. ;)
Oh? Know what I mean, nudge nudge, say no more? :D

BigWorm
10-29-2008, 04:25 PM
Ok so I am a pretty big pervent but I don't understand how cotton balls can give you a boner Gan.

Tea & Strumpets
10-29-2008, 04:26 PM
Could be sensory integration dysfunction.

You took the words right out of my mouth.

That's a wierd ass phobia.

Gan
10-29-2008, 04:38 PM
Ok so I am a pretty big pervent but I don't understand how cotton balls can give you a boner Gan.

Your mistaking the object of my attention. Its not necessarily the cotton balls that would give me a boner but who else might be in that vat or tub full of them.

And feeling naughty != boner

Gan
10-29-2008, 04:40 PM
Oh? Know what I mean, nudge nudge, say no more? :D

See Bigworm... Someone gets it.

Stanley Burrell
10-29-2008, 05:04 PM
LoL, my friend will hit me if I start crinkling an errant styrofoam chip or, literally, just pulling apart a piece of cotton infront of her.

I'm basically like, "Yeah, that SURE FUCKING IS exactly the same thing as running your nails on a chalkboard or scraping a fork against a rusty tin can." I even say it to her it italics. Bitch.

Sean of the Thread
10-29-2008, 05:22 PM
What the fuck do you do when aunt ruby is in town?

gross

Berylla
10-29-2008, 05:58 PM
I have one of those creeped out, goosebumpy, need-to-leave-the-room reactions when anyone breaks out tinfoil. But I think that's a little more common.

Never heard of the cotton ball thing. Interesting

Sean of the Thread
10-29-2008, 05:59 PM
I hated clowns until I watched Shakes the Clown if it counts.

Kyra231
10-29-2008, 06:09 PM
I don't mind cotton as a fabric, but cotton balls.. I hate tearing them apart, or hearing/seeing it done.

Also styrofoam. I can't STAND touching or hearing styrofoam break. I just gave myself a few shudders by thinking about it.

Hehe my ex had styrofoam issues, before we were 'done' officially I started making the kids use styrofoam cups & plates just to watch him run like a bitch from the house.

Personally I can't stand metal being dragged across cement. Housekeepers at my old job used to drag the fucking things to the dumpster, about made me throw up :(

~K.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
10-29-2008, 06:23 PM
I don't like touching anything (non-adhesive) that sticks to callused skin/non-manicured nails/rough cuticles.

Yeah, I can't stand that either. It's not like a crazy phobia though.

As far as actual phobias go, I'm pretty afraid of bugs, and I'm also afraid of the dark.

The bugs are mostly because I've had night terrors and subsequent hypnapompic hallucinations about bugs since I was a little girl (really weird things, like translucent spiders and mechanical bees and mosquitoes the size of my fist). I don't start screaming in terror when I see a bug or anything, but I do freeze up for a few moments and have to force myself to react rationally.

My fear of the dark is totally irrational and dumb, and frustrates the hell out of me. The only way I can sleep in the total dark is if I'm in a room with the doors closed and locked, as well as the windows (if I'm on the first floor).. the only time that's not required in a really dark room is if I have someone nearby. When I'm in a larger, open space in the dark and all alone, I get pretty anxious and agitated.

Drew
10-29-2008, 06:25 PM
I'm with you, absolutely hate cotton balls, but really hate them being ripped apart. I'm getting chills just thinking about it. That and pencil erasers being used have always bothered me. No idea why.

Jayvn
10-29-2008, 10:45 PM
ok...so i got home to find 3 pages of answers sort of... yeah it's not a 'fear'... it's a i'd rather not have to touch cotton balls because they make me cringe and make my hands feel like they dried up and i want to soak them in water and hit something for causing that gross feeling. and yeah the tearing apart a cotton ball... it's definately a texture issue... apparently there's a lot of people with it and there's no scientific name for it. And I think you people that enjoy the feeling of it are the freaks... God i think i'm gonna go wet my hands now thinking about it..

Jayvn
10-29-2008, 10:51 PM
the cotton thing doesn't make me a freak...the fact i can't wear a shirt while i shave does... just the thought of getting shaving cream on clothing ruins my day.. also honey and syrup anywhere but in the mouth = horrible..like after pancakes i'm washing the hell out of my face just in case. And I do the 4 pocket check every day before i leave to make sure all of the right items are in place... jesus i'm turning into one of those i have to touch the doorknob 15 times before i go outside people :(... only i dont give a shit about the doorknob...

diethx
10-30-2008, 01:33 AM
Haha. I use them to remove nail polish. You're weird.

Moist Happenings
10-30-2008, 01:38 AM
Haha. I use them to remove nail polish.

Oh my god! Really? Me too! We have soooo much in common.

diethx
10-30-2008, 01:43 AM
Great, you're fucking emo. STFU emo.

Moist Happenings
10-30-2008, 01:44 AM
Great, you're fucking emo. STFU emo.

What happens when you put five emo kids together in a room with no doors?

diethx
10-30-2008, 01:45 AM
They put their rings together and bind up to form you?

Moist Happenings
10-30-2008, 01:46 AM
Good answer, but no. :D

One dies because there are only four corners to cry in.

Tsa`ah
10-30-2008, 01:52 AM

Thanks for provoking a slight wheeze based on the recollection of nail-polish remover causing asthma attacks.

diethx
10-30-2008, 01:55 AM
Thanks for provoking a slight wheeze based on the recollection of nail-polish remover causing asthma attacks.

Welcome.

Kainen
10-30-2008, 02:39 AM
I can't bring myself to put a (glass) glass in a stainless steel sink. For years my dad used comet to clean our kitchen sink and always left a little grit on the bottom. The sound of any glass rubbing across it always made me cringe.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
10-30-2008, 06:18 AM

I'm lazy and use those little finger tubs with the sponge in them. Then q-tips to wipe away any residual polish around the edges.

Trinity
10-30-2008, 10:38 AM
Scratching fingernails on a blackboard.

Makes me curl into a fetal position every time.

Gan
10-30-2008, 11:44 AM
Scraping your teeth on your fork or spoon.

Scraping metal on glass or porcelain (such as cutting steak and your fork slips on your plate).

Grinding your teeth (the worst)

DeV
10-30-2008, 11:50 AM
I can't stand to touch anything velvet.

Drew
10-30-2008, 11:53 AM
I can't stand to touch anything velvet.

So you don't want to come cavort on my crushed velvet bed sheets while I wear my velvet smoking jacket and slippers while listening to Velvet Revolver while I gently pet my velveteen rabbit? Velvet.

diethx
10-30-2008, 01:28 PM
I'm lazy and use those little finger tubs with the sponge in them. Then q-tips to wipe away any residual polish around the edges.

I always felt naughty using those tubs. I just don't like them.

CrystalTears
10-30-2008, 03:56 PM
I HATE touching cotton! Eeeuughh! Clothes or blends I don't mind so much but the actual plant cotton or stuffed in pill bottles I can't touch.
Only one of your personalities should post in any given thread.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
10-30-2008, 03:58 PM
Only one of your personalities should post in any given thread.

:rofl:

Today is a good day.

Stanley Burrell
10-30-2008, 04:13 PM
So you don't want to come cavort on my crushed velvet bed sheets while I wear my velvet smoking jacket and slippers while listening to Velvet Revolver while I gently pet my velveteen rabbit? Velvet.

Tell me how to be this awesome.

Sean of the Thread
10-30-2008, 07:50 PM
Man I got this thing with touching public door handles... keyboards... etc. I've gotten good at hiding a folded up napkin when opening the doors however.

Jayvn
10-30-2008, 08:52 PM
oh god yeah... i kick bathroom doors open after i wash my hands...

Sean of the Thread
10-30-2008, 09:43 PM
Yeah I hate the ones that open inwards.

Ever since I had meningitis I've been like a super germ freak.

Durgrimst
10-30-2008, 10:30 PM
Yeah I hate the ones that open inwards.

Ever since I had meningitis I've been like a super germ freak.

Yea, I always keep the towels that I dry my hand with to open the door, then throw them away.

DeV
10-30-2008, 10:49 PM
So you want me to crush some velvet is what you're saying.