PDA

View Full Version : If it's old, it's worth millions!

thefarmer
10-22-2008, 06:51 PM
Ursinus [Merchant]: "Taking offers on a massive iron-bound back scabbard.. Old item.. holds a couple of weapons.. shoulder worn.. Opens/closes.. ttm if yer interested.."
You (Focused to Ursinus) [Merchant]: "I'll give ya twentyfive thousand silver."
Ursinus (Focused) [General]: "For what?"
You (Focused to Ursinus) [Merchant]: "The scabbard."
Ursinus (Focused) [General]: "You have to be kidding.."
You (Focused to Ursinus) [Merchant]: "Nope. What'd you think it's worth?"
Ursinus (Focused) [General]: "I have offers for 1.5-2m."
Ursinus (Focused) [General]: "It's 8-9 years old.."
You (Focused to Ursinus) [Merchant]: "Really? That's impressive for something that common."
You (Focused to Ursinus) [Merchant]: "You're a fool not to sell it for two million then."
Ursinus (Focused) [General]: "And I had someone offer a 5x enchant slot for it.."
You (Focused to Ursinus) [Merchant]: "Again, the fool comment applies."

Moist Happenings
10-22-2008, 06:57 PM
Meh. Supply and demand. If there's a demand for it, and a limited supply it's gonna go for a lot.

I had two veniom-hilted black rolaren long-knives from the first Juggernaut (I think) that were bought and sold for around 2 mil apiece a few years back. Now they're probably the only two left in the game today. If you're looking for something specific, and old, there's little you can do but pay through the nose for it.

Kitsun
10-22-2008, 06:59 PM
Except with the back-scabbard, its a simple alter to just replicate it and get better stats than it had off shelf. I've got a friend that used to love those long-knives and possibly may still be using hers.

Warriorbird
10-22-2008, 07:00 PM
Yeah. They're somewhat cool. You still might nab 500k for em.

Methais
10-22-2008, 07:01 PM
He's probably full of shit about the offers. And if he's not, I have a chipped brick I found 10 years ago.

MB: 2m.

Solkern
2m!

Moist Happenings
Except with the back-scabbard, its a simple alter to just replicate it and get better stats than it had off shelf. I've got a friend that used to love those long-knives and possibly may still be using hers.

Those knives are awesome. They're not knives at all, they're shortswords with acid flares. I built an entire training plan around 'em. The fact that you can't get an alter like that is probably what makes them worth so much.

I suppose in the case of this scabbard you're right. But to pay for an alter scroll is still 1.5-2 mil, so you're really not saving much.

thefarmer
10-22-2008, 07:03 PM
Or.. you just buy any old container and find a merchant.

Which is easy these days.

Moist Happenings
10-22-2008, 07:06 PM
Or.. you just buy any old container and find a merchant.

Which is easy these days.

Ugh. I still have it beaten into my head how merchants used to work. The first time I got an alter, I sat in a room with 10 other people for 54 hours straight waiting, because you had absolutely no idea when the merchant would show, and back then they almost always did room order. 54 fricken hours without sleep. I took off school for a day so I could get a damn alter. I was a dumb kid, in retrospect.

....and then I had to walk FIFTEEN miles uphill in the snow in bare feet just to find out that I had to have something made of the same material I wanted to add into the alter, and I had to walk back down and then again back up in the snow. It was horrible.

Sean
10-22-2008, 07:11 PM
He obviously went to the Khariz school of sales.

Danical
10-22-2008, 09:54 PM
Wouldn't a simple warrior sheath be better than this . . . ?

Warrior Sheath weighs 1/2 pound and reduces weight of all weapons within by 2 lbs.

Warriorbird
10-22-2008, 09:59 PM
Most anything would be better and cheaper.

Swami71
10-22-2008, 11:09 PM
Wouldn't a simple warrior sheath be better than this . . . ?

Warrior Sheath weighs 1/2 pound and reduces weight of all weapons within by 2 lbs.

Warrior sheaths are awesome. Anyone with a weapon/runestaff should have one.

Stretch
10-22-2008, 11:16 PM
To be fair, the only one on playershops.com is priced at 2m.

Not saying it's not retardedly overpriced, but his point of reference doesn't help.

I've sold these for 250k before, mostly to people who like reminiscing about a time when Gemstone had 50% fewer rooms and 150% more players

Solkern
10-28-2008, 04:23 PM
thought i'd add this

he said he got 1.5m to 2m offers...

Ursinus: [Merchant]: "Selling a massive iron-bound back scabbard.. Old item.. holds a couple of weapons.. shoulder worn.. Opens/closes.. ttm if yer interested.."
[Private] Ursinus: [General]: "On da scabbard? lookin to get 500k.."

Garnet Doyle
10-28-2008, 08:35 PM
thought i'd add this

he said he got 1.5m to 2m offers...

Ursinus: [Merchant]: "Selling a massive iron-bound back scabbard.. Old item.. holds a couple of weapons.. shoulder worn.. Opens/closes.. ttm if yer interested.."
[Private] Ursinus: [General]: "On da scabbard? lookin to get 500k.."

To be fair, the only one on playershops.com is priced at 2m.

Innocent mistake, he just mixed up 'offers i'd gotten' with 'what I saw it selling for in a store somewhere'. Bit of gemstone dyslexia, it seems to be a catching plague nowadays.

Solkern
10-28-2008, 08:40 PM
Innocent mistake, he just mixed up 'offers i'd gotten' with 'what I saw it selling for in a store somewhere'. Bit of gemstone dyslexia, it seems to be a catching plague nowadays.

uh dude?

read the first post before you post

I've been offered 1.5m to 2m?

I've been OFFERED a 5x enchant slot, that aint mixing anythign up

Solkern
10-28-2008, 08:43 PM
Ursinus [Merchant]: "Taking offers on a massive iron-bound back scabbard.. Old item.. holds a couple of weapons.. shoulder worn.. Opens/closes.. ttm if yer interested.."
You (Focused to Ursinus) [Merchant]: "I'll give ya twentyfive thousand silver."
Ursinus (Focused) [General]: "For what?"
You (Focused to Ursinus) [Merchant]: "The scabbard."
Ursinus (Focused) [General]: "You have to be kidding.."
You (Focused to Ursinus) [Merchant]: "Nope. What'd you think it's worth?"
Ursinus (Focused) [General]: "I have offers for 1.5-2m."
Ursinus (Focused) [General]: "It's 8-9 years old.."
You (Focused to Ursinus) [Merchant]: "Really? That's impressive for something that common."
You (Focused to Ursinus) [Merchant]: "You're a fool not to sell it for two million then."
Ursinus (Focused) [General]: "And I had someone offer a 5x enchant slot for it.."
You (Focused to Ursinus) [Merchant]: "Again, the fool comment applies."

there's the quote for you

Ugotfaced
10-29-2008, 01:39 AM
See, I love this.. and yes.. I did sell it today for 1.5m. the bid I got of 2m was pulled back, since the guy spent so much at EG.. So, I guess it's all in the fact of who you sell to.. If you can sell something for 1.5m, or 25k what would you take? In all honestly your bid to me was a joke.. considering the high offers I had gotten.. And next time when you post somethin.. don't be afraid to post your name. I can't tell you what it is, since well I forgot who you were, but I hope I get fame points for you posting my name up on here.. Thanks.. I love it.. Oh, and hey. Have a nice day.. -Ugotfaced-

Danical
10-29-2008, 02:02 AM
okayy

mrjrd222
10-29-2008, 02:19 AM
His name is in his signature.

diethx
10-29-2008, 02:25 AM
See, I love this.. and yes.. I did sell it today for 1.5m. the bid I got of 2m was pulled back, since the guy spent so much at EG.. So, I guess it's all in the fact of who you sell to.. If you can sell something for 1.5m, or 25k what would you take? In all honestly your bid to me was a joke.. considering the high offers I had gotten.. And next time when you post somethin.. don't be afraid to post your name. I can't tell you what it is, since well I forgot who you were, but I hope I get fame points for you posting my name up on here.. Thanks.. I love it.. Oh, and hey. Have a nice day.. -Ugotfaced-

He doesn't need to post his name, for two reasons:

1 - we know who he is
2 - it's in his sig (as mentioned above)

lol @ Vivaldi being afraid.

Ugotfaced
10-29-2008, 03:09 AM
Wow, guess I didn't think to follow every single letter written on this thing.. Not sure if it's because I have better things to do, or maybe because well a game doesn't matter that much to me.. Or maybe I guess I wasn't aware you people TTM in the game just so you can run back and post something.. "Oooh, I've got friends.. " really.. honestly.. It's sad, so tomorrow when I get off work, and sit down to play this game.. and post what I'm selling tomorrow.. I'll chuckle.. because it will remind me, just how important I am to all of you.. Thank you..

diethx
10-29-2008, 03:17 AM
Wow, guess I didn't think to follow every single letter written on this thing.. Not sure if it's because I have better things to do, or maybe because well a game doesn't matter that much to me.. Or maybe I guess I wasn't aware you people TTM in the game just so you can run back and post something.. "Oooh, I've got friends.. " really.. honestly.. It's sad, so tomorrow when I get off work, and sit down to play this game.. and post what I'm selling tomorrow.. I'll chuckle.. because it will remind me, just how important I am to all of you.. Thank you..

You're giving yourself way too much credit. He thought to you wanting to buy your item and he found your response hilarious, so he posted it. And no one expects you to "follow every single letter written on this thing". Just don't make stupid accusations about people being afraid when you obviously dunno wtf you're talking about. And for crying out loud, try one damn period at a time.

Ugotfaced
10-29-2008, 03:18 AM
You mean like the one you're on now?

diethx
10-29-2008, 03:19 AM
You mean like the one you're on now?

Uh, the one what? WTF are you talking about?

Ugotfaced
10-29-2008, 03:26 AM
Period.. You know. The Rag.. You're b*tching over a period.. So, must be your time of the month.. .................................................. ......

Moist Happenings
10-29-2008, 03:27 AM
Quit while you're only moderately behind Ugotfaced. The last thing this forum needs is another Seany-esque troll.

diethx
10-29-2008, 03:29 AM
Period.. You know. The Rag.. You're b*tching over a period.. So, must be your time of the month.. .................................................. ......

Are you 12?

Ugotfaced
10-29-2008, 03:35 AM
No, I'm 20.. And you're still gonna say "oh, you're young.." have a fun time.. Go nuts.. I don't care say what you wish.. Doesn't really faze me.. Have a good night though.. ::Yawn::

diethx
10-29-2008, 03:37 AM
No, i'm gonna say your insults are pathetic for someone your age. Come back when you've got something better. :)

Ugotfaced
10-29-2008, 04:01 AM
An insult would be something like you're probably a 26-30 year old guy sitting in his moms attic rubbing one out hoping when you scream your sisters name you don't wake the rest of the people in your house.. I just brought up the fact that you were acting like a b*tch on the rag.. That's stating facts, not an insult.. So, when YOU can think of something.. get back to me.. Ok..
Thaaanks.. -Ugotfaced-

Moist Happenings
10-29-2008, 04:08 AM
An insult would be something like you're probably a 26-30 year old guy sitting in his moms attic rubbing one out hoping when you scream your sisters name you don't wake the rest of the people in your house.. I just brought up the fact that you were acting like a b*tch on the rag.. That's stating facts, not an insult.. So, when YOU can think of something.. get back to me.. Ok..
Thaaanks.. -Ugotfaced-

That's not an insult. It's a childish attempt to appear tough in front of your peers. Going so far as to call us your peers however is giving you more credit than is due probably, as you've already proven yourself to be beneath the level of even the most unintelligent posters here. But I will give you props, because you've obviously been reading your copies of Internet Tough Guy magazine with close attention to detail.

As far as an insult goes:

Try to focus on things you know about someone based on their words or actions instead of fabricating something, and then gluing it together with a lot of generic internet trash talking childish oral diarrhea. I know it's probably lodged pretty far up there at this point so it might prove difficult, but taking your head out of your anus before hitting the reply button goes pretty far along the way to accomplishing this.

Yes, yes, I know what you're thinking.

I'll save you the trouble of your standard reply.

I am a 45 year old 700 pound balding virgin in my mother's basement jerking off to pictures of Josh Hartnett while typing this post. What can I say? I'm ambidextrous.

Danical
10-29-2008, 04:26 AM
I never understood replacing letters of words with symbols.

thefarmer
10-29-2008, 04:28 AM
Wow, guess I didn't think to follow every single letter written on this thing.. Not sure if it's because I have better things to do, or maybe because well a game doesn't matter that much to me.. I'll chuckle.. because it will remind me, just how important I am to all of you.. Thank you..

For someone that doesn't care about the game and has such an important life.. It's funny how you don't have anything better to do than create an account and post in this thread.

And keep posting and posting and posting.

If anything, we're the important ones in your life, since you keep responding to us.

Also..

lol @ Vivaldi being afraid.

^This

thefarmer
10-29-2008, 04:30 AM
I am a 45 year old 700 pound balding virgin in my mother's basement jerking off to pictures of Josh Hartnett while typing this post. What can I say? I'm ambidextrous.

I have no problems with the accuracy of that statement, unlike your paladin ones.

Ugotfaced
10-29-2008, 04:31 AM
Considering you took WAY to long typing something for someone else is funny.. You could be w/e you wish.. You could tell all the girls you meet in chat rooms that you're 27, you have a six-pack, and you're a doctor.. Then when your beater pulls up to the next MSNBC addition of "To catch a predator" and you step out, with your three teeth, and your welcome back cotter comb-over haircut, the truth will be out.. But until then, I see you how you create yourself.. Me, I'm not acting, I'm not trying, I don't care if I seem "tough" Really, I've already lost to many brain cells writing to people I wouldn't even wave to if I saw you at the store.. But hey, this is adressed to you.. so you're half-stocked right now.. (That means your dick is almost hard) because Me, the person this entire post was created about.. is mentioning you.. Oh my god, do you have goosebumps? I know I do.. ya know what. Nevermind.. Lets become friends.. Seriously people.. You're all pathetic.. don't you work? And for your info.. to cease your replies.. Yes, I do work.. and I go to school.. You all have a GRrrrrreat day..

Moist Happenings
10-29-2008, 04:31 AM
I have no problems with the accuracy of that statement, unlike your paladin ones.

Still waiting for you to tell me what was wrong with my final assessment.

Oh, and in case you feel the need to keep expressing your displeasure, I'm just going to keep giving you this post summing up my feelings on the matter since you ignored it last time, and I don't feel like typing it all out again.

Were my final results incorrect somehow?

All I did in the end was give one plan from me to maximize training points with the input I got from everyone throughout the thread, and give a bit more depth to the two other plans involved. Her original one, and the stat maximization one.

I stated that "If you want to focus on this, this one might work better. If you want to focus on that, that one might work better" et cetera, but didn't even come close to alluding to the fact that my plan would be the be all end all of all stat plans. If she does plan to aim for cap ASAP and worry about extra TPs, then the stat maximization plan is probably for the best, which I noted, but if she plays casually which is the impression that I got, then my plan affords the best amount of training points pre-cap by far, and minimizes stats that are only marginally useful. I like it for that purpose, but as I stated in the other thread, it's really dependent on what she wants to aim for, and her personal preferences.

As far as having a question, well, I'm always going to have those. I've played a Sorcerer, Bard, and Rogue to Legend levels and I don't claim to know absolutely everything about them. I know enough to crunch numbers for them reliably, though. The same is true of Paladins now. It wasn't when I first started trying to help, but as you'll note, in the beginning of Kiora's thread she was looking for a little more depth than she was being given, and no one else seemed to be stepping up at the time. Therefore, I did what I could to help with the disclaimer that I had never played a paladin, but knew enough to crunch numbers for her a bit.

So if you're posting here to tell me that I was wrong for trying to help someone who was fully informed that I was not completely knowledgeable about the subject matter yet, and doing a fairly decent job of it from a strictly informational and depth standpoint, then I'd say you're probably a bit out of line.

Edited to add:

As far as the question I had in this thread about basic mechanics, it didn't in any way apply to anything I was doing for Kiora in her thread. She had given her skill list, and the advice I gave on that was simply reinforcing what someone else had said regarding sticking to a fairly strict 1x or 2x, or 1.5x in some cases regimen. That holds true not only for Paladins, but for pretty much every profession. My question in this thread was solely for the benefit of my own character. Kiora had gone a route where she was taking dodge. I was inquiring as to the viability of possibly not taking it with my character. I didn't advise her one way or the other that far in depth about dodge because I didn't remember the exact mechanics behind it, nor did I know what size shield she preferred to use.

Moist Happenings
10-29-2008, 04:33 AM
Considering you took WAY to long typing something for someone else is funny.. You could be w/e you wish.. You could tell all the girls you meet in chat rooms that you're 27, you have a six-pack, and you're a doctor.. Then when your beater pulls up to the next MSNBC addition of "To catch a predator" and you step out, with your three teeth, and your welcome back cotter comb-over haircut, the truth will be out.. But until then, I see you how you create yourself.. Me, I'm not acting, I'm not trying, I don't care if I seem "tough" Really, I've already lost to many brain cells writing to people I wouldn't even wave to if I saw you at the store.. But hey, this is adressed to you.. so you're half-stocked right now.. (That means your dick is almost hard) because Me, the person this entire post was created about.. is mentioning you.. Oh my god, do you have goosebumps? I know I do.. ya know what. Nevermind.. Lets become friends.. Seriously people.. You're all pathetic.. don't you work? And for your info.. to cease your replies.. Yes, I do work.. and I go to school.. You all have a GRrrrrreat day..

I assumed you went to school. Clearly you're majoring in English.

Ugotfaced
10-29-2008, 04:36 AM
No, I'm going to be a paramedic.. But umm.. Nice try?? Idk where you were going with that..

Durgrimst
10-29-2008, 04:38 AM
I am hoping that UGOTFACED is someone that is really drunk and bored, because if you are real, and that is your personality, I feel bad for everyone you are around in real life.

Moist Happenings
10-29-2008, 04:42 AM
Idk where you were going with that..

And therein lies the problem.

thefarmer
10-29-2008, 04:44 AM
But umm.. Nice try?? Idk where you were going with that..

Did you go to the same school as Miss I?

ViridianAsp
10-29-2008, 04:55 AM

Everyone here already knows it and yeah I have to agree with him, 1.5 mil? I could easily get something better and cheaper.

Sorry he hurt your feelings so bad.

Solkern
10-29-2008, 04:59 AM
Personally I think he's lying

he was asking for 500k, and sold it for 1.5m

I smell bullshit

Moist Happenings
10-29-2008, 05:01 AM
I smell bullshit

It's dribbling from his mouth all over this thread.

Joe
10-29-2008, 05:04 AM
Seriously people.. You're all pathetic

And you're posting here, thus joining the pathetic crowd.

Welcome home.

nocturnix
10-29-2008, 06:25 AM

Who the fuck are you?