PDA

View Full Version : Psinet Error

stickyfingers
10-21-2008, 10:55 AM
Okay I get this error when connecting to Gemstone through Psinet

PsiNet v2.1.2.1869 has intercepted the game connection.

Attempting to contact the game server...
System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: The attempted operation is not supported for the type of object referenced
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.get_ConnectEx()
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.BeginConnectEx(EndPoint remoteEP, Boolean flowContext, AsyncCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.BeginConnect(EndPoint remoteEP, AsyncCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.BeginConnect(IPAddress address, Int32 port, AsyncCallback requestCallback, Object state)
at JLib.JSockets.JSocket.Connect()
at JLib.JSockets.JSocket.ConnectToDNSResponse(IAsyncR esult result)
at System.Net.LazyAsyncResult.Complete(IntPtr userToken)
at System.Net.ContextAwareResult.CompleteCallback(Obj ect state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Objec t userData)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.Exe cuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(Exec utionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionCon text executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Net.ContextAwareResult.Complete(IntPtr userToken)
at System.Net.LazyAsyncResult.ProtectedInvokeCallback (Object result, IntPtr userToken)
at System.Net.Dns.ResolveCallback(Object context)
at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWa itCallbackInternal(_ThreadPoolWaitCallback tpWaitCallBack)
at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWa itCallback(Object state)

I'm on a laptop running XP. When I first tried Psinet I got this same error, and tried getting help, and I tried everything to fix it. Uninstalling it, Uninstalling Launcher, stormfront and simu related stuff, restarting and reinstalling it. None of it worked. When on my PC at home I was able to install it and have it run properly on my first try. I'm just assuming it something wrong with my laptop configurations or something, I don't know for sure, but I'm not at Home anymore (in school), but got way to use to playing with Psinet and was trying to get this to work on my laptop. Does anyone know anything soultion to my problem, or seen this error before?

Allereli
10-21-2008, 10:57 AM
are you reinstalling it last?

stickyfingers
10-21-2008, 11:04 AM
Yes.
When I first tried(, I just installed it with all my gs/simu stuff installed. Then I tried uninstalling everything, restarting, reinstalling everything(psinet last). And still same error. Everything was off my laptop when I just recently tried to reinstall it now and it same error from back in like feb/march when I first tried. I've tried using psinet homepage for help and tried all there suggestions but still nothing.

stickyfingers
11-11-2008, 01:02 AM
Anyone out there seen this error or one similar before, or have any suggestions on what I can do to fix it?

phantasm
11-11-2008, 01:37 AM
I've seen this error before, you have it installed properly. I believe this error happens when the psinet server is down. Have you been having this error constantly or is it irregular?

stickyfingers
11-11-2008, 09:27 AM
Constantly on my laptop, never could get it to work her, installing it properly and in correct order. Never seen it on my PC at home which I can get psinet to work fine.

jonas
11-22-2008, 03:15 AM
My roommates computer has this problem. I used the same steps to install it on my own as his. It used to work on his computer until he ran a registry "cleaning" program. I wonder if deleting the registry entries for PSInet would help the reinstall process?

stickyfingers
01-12-2009, 05:43 PM
My roommates computer has this problem. I used the same steps to install it on my own as his. It used to work on his computer until he ran a registry "cleaning" program. I wonder if deleting the registry entries for PSInet would help the reinstall process?

The registry cleaning program fixed or broke his psinet?
But either way, doesn't PSInet delete the registry entries created, when you uninstall it?

Ausek
01-12-2009, 07:29 PM
I don't don't know if the registry is the problem, but I had this exact same problem a couple months ago when I first came back. I reinstalled everything and psinet would never work. After installing, uninstalling, reinstalling several times it still wouldn't work...until I got super pissed one day and reformatted my harddrive over night. It worked perfectly after that. In retrospect it would have been a lot easier to check the registry first...

GSKynthelig
01-12-2009, 08:25 PM
The registry cleaning program fixed or broke his psinet?
But either way, doesn't PSInet delete the registry entries created, when you uninstall it?

There is usually some sort of residue left in the registry from any program installed and uninstalled. Now those having an affect on anything is a different matter.

phantasm
01-12-2009, 09:19 PM
Try doing method 1 and see if that fixes it.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/811259

stickyfingers
01-14-2009, 03:02 AM
Try doing method 1 and see if that fixes it.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/811259

Ah, thanks for this link, I wasn't able to do method 1, cause don't have the XP support tools, or the install CD handy, but i ran the Download Guided Helped, reinstalled psinet again, and that fixed the problem perfectly.

CaptContagious
01-14-2009, 12:41 PM
You rock! this helped me too!

JamusPsi
02-03-2009, 01:18 AM
My apologies. I would have pointed you to this immediately had I been paying attention- it's a bug in PsiNet's code that only manifests when the winsock settings on a computer are broken. I'll add it to the website when I redo the self-support section (It's terribly outdated right now), and the bug will be fixed eventually- like when I get brave enough to tamper with the network code that is working perfectly for 99% of players.

phantasm
02-03-2009, 02:14 AM
http://i41.tinypic.com/33kdgld.jpg

Big sorry here! I actually figured out how to fix it back in November and neglected to post it here until 2 months later.