"I just wanted to cuddle!"

"You're such a fag"

William Dafoe was funny as fuck.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
10-20-2008, 08:12 PM
Welcome to 1999.

radamanthys
10-20-2008, 09:20 PM
The sequel is supposed to be out next year/ is in production. I don't have high hopes.

I just watched it again the other night. One of the all-time great movies, in my opinion.

Stanley Burrell
10-20-2008, 09:24 PM
Everyone has a poster of it next to their Scarface memorabilia somewhere in a decrepit dorm room. And I don't know why.

Gelston
10-20-2008, 09:33 PM
AND THERE WAS A FIREFIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!

Sean of the Thread
10-20-2008, 10:19 PM
I was afraid to open any of his posts in fear of seeing his bizarre wee wee.

Drew
10-20-2008, 10:44 PM
The sequel is supposed to be out next year/ is in production. I don't have high hopes.

I just watched it again the other night. One of the all-time great movies, in my opinion.

That sequel has been RSN for a long time.

Cephalopod
10-20-2008, 10:45 PM
The sequel is supposed to be out next year/ is in production.

This would be horrible.

Why can't Hollywood leave well enough alone?

Miss Ismurii
10-20-2008, 10:46 PM
<3 I love the Boondock Saints. OMG. How could anyone resist?

Drew
10-20-2008, 10:50 PM
This would be horrible.

Why can't Hollywood leave well enough alone?

It's not Hollywood behind it, it's the original creator/director. It probably wouldn't be as good though, you're right.

SHAFT
10-20-2008, 11:04 PM
I'm sorry, but I don't see the why people like this movie. I love cool movies, but this was garbage.

Miss Ismurii
10-20-2008, 11:21 PM
I'm sorry, but I don't see the why people like this movie. I love cool movies, but this was garbage.

You're garbage.

Warriorbird
10-20-2008, 11:52 PM
What was wrong with it? There was a lot of ass kicking and amusing dialogue.

Celephais
10-21-2008, 12:04 AM
Hey, fuck ass, I don't see why people like you.

thefarmer
10-21-2008, 02:29 AM
Hey, fuck ass, I don't see why people like you.

See avatar

Moist Happenings
10-21-2008, 02:32 AM
Y'know, I never saw this movie, but I've been told time and time again that it's something I'd like. Therefore, I'm "renting" it now from the "video store" on the internet, and after I watch it tomorrow I'll have something useful to contribute to this thread.

Joe
10-21-2008, 03:06 AM
This was a fucking kick ass movie.

SHAFT
10-21-2008, 04:36 AM
It just wasn't a quality movie. The acting was terrible.

Someone really likes this movie and gives me 2 thumbs down. Fuck you too.

Fallen
10-21-2008, 08:44 AM
The Boondocks > Doondocks Saints.

Ogreslayer
10-21-2008, 09:31 AM
Excellent movie. The deleted scenes are some of the best I've seen, including more on Rosie and a hilarious introduction to Ma.

Gan
10-21-2008, 09:36 AM
Great movie.

I added it to my DvD collection.

Solkern
10-21-2008, 09:38 AM
I thought the acting was great.

Moist Happenings
10-21-2008, 01:15 PM
I'm watching it right now. I wanted to respond to the people that say the acting is bad. The acting does strike me as somewhat off for most of the characters so far, but I don't think it's a result of poor actors. The delivery in each and every line from every character seems to have something odd, forced, and unnatural about it. It suggests to me that it was something the director specifically requests from all of the actors, but just isn't human enough. Maybe that's how it was intended. I dunno. If anything in my opinion it's bad directing.

Edited to add: This holds true for a lot of the movements the characters make as well. They just aren't natural movements in a lot of cases. About ten minutes in for instance when Willem Dafoe is examining bodies, he leans over one in a very unnatural fashion, then rocks back and points his finger off somewhere else. Neither of the ways he does these two things are very natural at all. It seemed to my eyes like maybe they shot the thing once, and the director thought his actions weren't noticeable enough, then had him do it again, but with the emphasis or an addition of certain things.

RichardCranium
10-21-2008, 01:16 PM
"Where you goin'?" "Fuckin NOWHERE." That guy was as natural as it gets.

Moist Happenings
10-21-2008, 01:22 PM
I've got to admit I'm only like 20 minutes into the movie. Just giving observations based on what I've seen so far. I might change my opinion entirely about the movie and its fluidity by the time I'm done.

RichardCranium
10-21-2008, 01:24 PM
I was kidding, the guy over-reaches a bit. It is an awesome movie for what it is. And thinking back to it, you may be right about the director asking for something specific from each of them.

Moist Happenings
10-21-2008, 01:29 PM
I was kidding, the guy over-reaches a bit. It is an awesome movie for what it is. And thinking back to it, you may be right about the director asking for something specific from each of them.

Yeah I think it's a pretty decent movie so far. Some of what the characters do just isn't believable as human behavior to me though. That's why I think it's bad directing. I mean, I just watched Willem Dafoe wiggle his spirit fingers around like a fuckin' fairy in front of a precinct full of hardened police officers. If he just decided on his own that his character should do that and did it, he must have had some damn good directors keeping his ass in check for the other million good movies he's been awesome in.

RichardCranium
10-21-2008, 01:32 PM
Lol, watch the movie.

Sean
10-21-2008, 01:34 PM
The Boondocks > Doondocks Saints.

True Story.

Riley wuz here.

diethx
10-21-2008, 01:39 PM
You know who overreaches? Fucking Horatio Caine on CSI Miami. WHAT THE FUCK. Does that actor overact in everything? Or just that role? For crying out loud he pauses for effect more than Shatner. And what the hell is with the habitual wear and removal of those fucking sunglasses? And how about the way he's a fucking NINJA and sneaks up on someone at least twice every episode. Not to mention the weird way he stands. He doesn't face the person he's talking to, he stands sideways with one shoulder pointed at them and his head all cocked to one side and pointed downwards.

Man I hate Horatio Caine.

Warriorbird
10-21-2008, 01:43 PM
David Caruso always overacts. I prefer William Peterson (who actually can act).

I don't watch low budget action flicks for nuance though... I watch them for outrageousness (which Dafoe does a great job of).

diethx
10-21-2008, 01:55 PM
I love Grissom :heart:

Moist Happenings
10-21-2008, 02:10 PM
Uh, okay, so Dafoe wiggling his spirit fingers around like a fairy is starting to make....more sense now.

Solkern
10-21-2008, 02:12 PM
The parts I love the most is when right before a big scene happens
they cut to afterwards, and let Dafoe explain through evidence on what happened. then they show what exactly happens

RichardCranium
10-21-2008, 02:31 PM
I love Grissom :heart:

I hope you love Laurence Fishburne too.

Warriorbird
10-21-2008, 02:56 PM
I love lamp.

ViridianAsp
10-21-2008, 03:05 PM
Uh, okay, so Dafoe wiggling his spirit fingers around like a fairy is starting to make....more sense now.

ahaha Got to that part huh? I love this movie even if it looks forced, they cut out some scenes that probably would have made some actions seem like they fit. Honestly, though I think you are right about the directing, but I think this was the director's first movie? I'm not sure.

Moist Happenings
10-21-2008, 03:37 PM
ahaha Got to that part huh? I love this movie even if it looks forced, they cut out some scenes that probably would have made some actions seem like they fit. Honestly, though I think you are right about the directing, but I think this was the director's first movie? I'm not sure.

I just finished watching it, and overall I have to say it's a great movie. Not the best I've ever seen but very good. I put it on the same level as Lock Stock & Two Smoking Barrels. For about the first half of this movie, I was sort of thinking to myself that it would have been better off if it had been directed by the same guy, but by the end it comes into its own unique good nature. The over the top acting got to me in the beginning a little, and I definitely want to reinforce my opinion that this issue is in the director's hands, not the actors in this case. It did seem forced and unnatural, but by the end I think that's part of what gives this movie its unique feel. 7/10 in my book.

Solkern
10-21-2008, 03:43 PM
I just finished watching it, and overall I have to say it's a great movie. Not the best I've ever seen but very good. I put it on the same level as Lock Stock & Two Smoking Barrels. For about the first half of this movie, I was sort of thinking to myself that it would have been better off if it had been directed by the same guy, but by the end it comes into its own unique good nature. The over the top acting got to me in the beginning a little, and I definitely want to reinforce my opinion that this issue is in the director's hands, not the actors in this case. It did seem forced and unnatural, but by the end I think that's part of what gives this movie its unique feel. 7/10 in my book.

I agree, I just like the overall way the movie was put together, how the things laid out, and I thought it was rather funny on top of it.

RichardCranium
10-21-2008, 03:48 PM
I agree, I just like the overall way the movie was put together, how the things laid out, and I thought it was rather funny on top of it.

Agreed.

"You and your fucking rope!"

Sean
10-21-2008, 03:51 PM
I thought it was an alright movie but always found it to be overhyped when I was college and people were going nuts over it. No doubt it's a fun movie to watch but it isn't the best thing since sliced bread.

Solkern
10-21-2008, 03:54 PM
I just did a little research on the movie.

it was only released in five movie threatres for a grand total of a week
it's popularity was spread by simple word of mouth.
blockbuster saved it by doing an exclusive release of it.

but it is true boondock saints 2, all saints day has started filming yesterday

http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/03/17/the-boondock-saints-2-gets-greenlight/

Ogreslayer
10-21-2008, 04:00 PM
Don't forget to watch the deleted scenes!

diethx
10-21-2008, 06:31 PM
I hope you love Laurence Fishburne too.

I like him as an actor, but he'll never be able to really replace Grissom. I just hope he's good in other ways. :/

Anebriated
10-21-2008, 06:44 PM

why dont you make like a tree... and get the fuck outta here

SHAFT
10-21-2008, 08:55 PM
Check out rottentomatoes about the Boondock Aints.

I havent watched it in years and I'm sure its a fun movie, but not as good or as great as people make it out to be. I remember thinking after I watched it that I was extremely disappointed in it.

Solkern
10-21-2008, 08:56 PM
Rotten tomatoes said alot of good movies were terrible....one movie review company means nothing, who gives a shit what critics say, overall, people think the movie was fucking awesome, so what does that tell you?

it tells me people will like movies no matter what the critics say.

if rotten tomatoes said batman the dark knight was terrible, does that mean they are right too?

SHAFT
10-21-2008, 09:09 PM
This is your favorite movie huh?

Solkern
10-21-2008, 09:30 PM
no, it's not

Gelston
10-21-2008, 09:34 PM
This is your favorite movie huh?

Why the hell do you care if other people like the movie. You've voiced your opinion that you don't like it, what more is there to say?

SHAFT
10-22-2008, 01:31 AM
I'm intrigued by the love and emotion people have for the movie. Not to mention the anger when someone questions the quality of the movie. Very interesting.

ViridianAsp
10-22-2008, 01:52 AM
Maybe because what it is about, the eradication of evil. Taking the law into your own hands and dealing out justice to those who otherwise weasel out of it. Their cause is pure, there desire to do good is noble.

Just a few.

Moist Happenings
10-22-2008, 01:59 AM
Maybe because what it is about, the eradication of evil. Taking the law into your own hands and dealing out justice to those who otherwise weasel out of it. Their cause is pure, there desire to do good is noble.

Just a few.

Kinda like in that movie Frailty sorta. Nearly apples and oranges about the type of movie but the principle is the same.

diethx
10-22-2008, 02:02 AM
Kinda like in that movie Frailty sorta. Nearly apples and oranges about the type of movie but the principle is the same.

Oh, I thought that movie was about being a child-abusing nutbag who thought god talked to him, and then turning one of said kids into a nutbag who "heard god".

Sean
10-22-2008, 02:03 AM

Just a few.

I guess it's all in the eye of the beholder. I'm not sure making 'innocent' individuals watch as you conduct and exection for notarity to be pure or nobel. I'm not even sure I personally could grip how vigilatism can qualify under eradication of evil since murder in and of itself is 'evil.'

Moist Happenings
10-22-2008, 02:05 AM
Oh, I thought that movie was about being a child-abusing nutbag who thought god talked to him, and then turning one of said kids into a nutbag who "heard god".

Watch it again. Yeah, you've got the general idea right, but in the end the guy basically proves that he had heard god when he's talking to the cop, and that he truly is doing god's work.

diethx
10-22-2008, 02:07 AM
Or he did some serious detective work. Who's to say someone didn't witness the cop's crime (he killed his mom or wife, I forget who)!

I still call bullshit. ;)

Moist Happenings
10-22-2008, 02:11 AM
Or he did some serious detective work. Who's to say someone didn't witness the cop's crime (he killed his mom or wife, I forget who)!

I still call bullshit. ;)

Hehe, I'll give ya that one. It is possible. :P