PDA

View Full Version : McCain's new stump speech

Kefka
10-15-2008, 01:32 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLAhqF2oIIg

Tsa`ah
10-15-2008, 02:04 AM
Was that smile on Palin's face a "Dear god I hope the dems don't talk about my pork" smile or was it a "Golly Gee I've heard this before" smile?

Kefka
10-15-2008, 07:32 AM
Bumping this. Have to show a few friends and coworkers.

Moist Happenings
10-15-2008, 08:16 AM
Y'know, I was all for McCain early on in the primaries as far as the republican candidate goes. I have to admit though that the more I hear him speak and the more of his policies I read through, the worse I feel about voting for him.

That's not to say I'd feel all warm and tingly voting for Obama either.

An independent vote is basically a waste of a ballot in this country, so with Clinton out of the picture, and McCain digging himself a hole deeper and deeper, he may have inspired me just not to vote this year.

Moist Happenings
10-15-2008, 06:41 PM
This video got taken off of youtube for copyright infringement but you can still see it on http://www.thedailyshow.com/

Click the link to the stump speech video in the middle towards the bottom.

It's worth watching.

Soulpieced
10-15-2008, 07:04 PM
Y'know, I was all for McCain early on in the primaries as far as the republican candidate goes. I have to admit though that the more I hear him speak and the more of his policies I read through, the worse I feel about voting for him.

An independent vote is basically a waste of a ballot in this country, so with Clinton out of the picture, and McCain digging himself a hole deeper and deeper, he may have inspired me just not to vote this year.

Two words, Bob Barr.

Warriorbird
10-15-2008, 07:07 PM
A big showing for Barr would be sweet.

Moist Happenings
10-15-2008, 07:30 PM
I don't know a lot about Bob Barr, but his website is running a counter debate sort of thing simultaneously with the debate tonight. I'm gonna watch it. Might be worth a vote even if it is a waste.

Keller
10-15-2008, 07:43 PM

I'm in the process of drafting a letter to my family that I hope they pass along that this year everyone who would vote for the GOP for fiscal reasons should vote for Bob Barr.

Without some sort of miracle, Obama will win. At this point, the true conservatives need to make a political statement with this election and vote for a third party. Take your damn party back from these nut case social conservatives.