PDA

View Full Version : Skill Migration - FIXSKILLS

Vesi
01-23-2004, 06:05 PM
Instant Migration ? FIXSKILLS

In order to complete a bug fix in the skill migrator process, each character will be given an opportunity to instantly migrate their skill goals. This one-time skill migration does not expire, so you may plan your migration at any time.

Step 1:
Type GOALS in the command prompt to open the Skill Manager (If you are unable to use the Skill Manager, CHECK IN to the local inn and complete this process via the Character Manager).

Step 2:
Adjust your skill ranks in the Skill Manager as you see fit. Click the APPLY button and go back to the game screen.

Step 3:
Once you have determined that your skills are set up exactly how you want them, type FIXSKILLS in the command prompt.

Step 4:
The system will prompt you to confirm your decision in the next 30 seconds by typing FIXSKILLS CONFIRM in the command prompt.

Following this process will instantly migrate all skills. Attempting to use FIXSKILLS again will prompt a message explaining that your one-time migration has already been used.

NOTE: If you have any questions on this process, please ASSIST with a GameHost before using this one-time migration. Its always better to ask first, and do second.

It is our hope that this one-time FIXSKILLS instant skill migration will help the few characters that were stuck in their goal time, as well as alleviate the concerns of other players that felt unprepared for the standard migration time.

This message was originally posted in Hunting and Game Design Discussions, The Character Manager. To discuss the above follow the link below.

http://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=102&category=4&topic=20&message =237

Mint
01-23-2004, 06:07 PM
Damn, what a relief!

Latrinsorm
01-23-2004, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Vesi
In order to complete a bug fix in the skill migrator process, each character will be given an opportunity to instantly migrate their skill goals.
The bug being a bunch of people bitching and moaning. Good fix!

Bobmuhthol
01-23-2004, 06:13 PM
mos def

Mint
01-23-2004, 06:21 PM
Not everyone (me) is as knowledgable about how skills should be applied so I screwed mine up and was looking at 500+ hours of in game time for the skill changes to migrate. Still relatively new to the game so it is a relief that my ignorance is not as huge a punishment as I feared it would be.

Drew2
01-23-2004, 06:27 PM
This also just boosted Ebay prices.

MPSorc
01-23-2004, 09:11 PM
so now all my friends can fix their 1000+ hour wait time? that means i got to figure something else to pick on them about, we need more bugs.