PDA

View Full Version : Itzel's diarrhea of the mouth

That Jay
10-13-2008, 03:32 PM
Itzel posted the below on the Platinum boards (my emphasis added):

3) As was discussed at the Platinum meeting last night, there are many temp services offered because honestly, we can spread the wealth better with those. If it comes down to getting 1 permanent service offered versus 5 temp services, except for in rare, rare cases, we're going to go with the temp. We want as many people as possible to have the chance to get something nice. Temp is the standard now.

Why in holy hell would you tell the customer that? That ranks right up there with Ozias divulging the scripted items policy years ago.

BigWorm
10-13-2008, 03:37 PM
Please explain why this is bad. I wish perm was the standard, but if temp is the standard, why shouldn't they let us know that?

Renian
10-13-2008, 03:43 PM
Yeah, Itzel's not being a twatwaffle by telling us that. I can't join your hatewagon with this one.

I can join it though if it's about the fact that temp is standard. But that would be directed at Simu's GS team as a whole, not Itzel. Maybe Warden actually.

That Jay
10-13-2008, 03:44 PM
Well, if its the new standard NOW, that means it was not the standard before. So whereas before we could look forward to items being raffled or auctioned with permanent attributes, now we are more likely to get only temporary attributes. Ergo a lesser standard of relative value.

Also, temporary services can already be attained in the Adventurer's Guild. Therefore temporary services themselves are of lesser value as a merchant service because they can be obtained elsewhere.

Basically, it again tells us to expect less than in the past.

That Jay
10-13-2008, 03:47 PM
There are certain decisions made behind the scenes that should stay behind the scenes. Thats why she should have not said it.

It only serves to make customers more disgruntled to let them know.

Allereli
10-13-2008, 03:47 PM
Well, if its the new standard NOW, that means it was not the standard before. So whereas before we could look forward to items being raffled or auctioned with permanent attributes, now we are more likely to get only temporary attributes. Ergo a lesser standard of relative value.

Also, temporary services can already be attained in the Adventurer's Guild. Therefore temporary services themselves are of lesser value as a merchant service because they can be obtained elsewhere.

have you been to any merchant lately? Itzel pretty much just stated the obvious.

That Jay
10-13-2008, 03:52 PM
have you been to any merchant lately? Itzel pretty much just stated the obvious.

Yep, its the obvious but heretofore it was only through anecdotal evidence and suspicion. Now its confirmed by a name in red.

Allereli
10-13-2008, 03:53 PM
Yep, its the obvious but heretofore it was only through anecdotal evidence and suspicion. Now its confirmed by a name in red.

ZOMG THE WORLD IS GOING TO END

BigWorm
10-13-2008, 03:56 PM

And again, this is bad why?

thefarmer
10-13-2008, 04:39 PM
Are you bitter from a business sense? In that if you ran GS you would never allow your employees to announce such information?

Or are you bitter from a player's point of view that Temp is the standard?

Or are you just bitter?

Shari
10-13-2008, 05:23 PM

Isn't this GS's mantra anymore?

AestheticDeath
10-13-2008, 05:57 PM
If they are taking permanent attributes away from the majority of the merchants, I would prefer to know. And I don't see anything wrong with stating it.

Now I don't have to waste cash on an event for nothing.

Joe
10-13-2008, 06:30 PM
Or are you just bitter?

Gonna go with this one. :)

Stretch
10-13-2008, 06:40 PM
I can see why you would be annoyed with the policy itself.

I'm going to join everyone else on being confused as to why their sharing this info publicly is a problem.

Warriorbird
10-13-2008, 07:15 PM
$300 bucks to Simu a month = sucker.

Tea & Strumpets
10-13-2008, 08:19 PM
I can see why you would be annoyed with the policy itself.

I'm going to join everyone else on being confused as to why their sharing this info publicly is a problem.

Looks like a typical GM asskisser here. Itzel should be reprimanded, warned, sent to the consultation lounge, and then fired.

grenthor
10-14-2008, 06:24 AM
Or are you just bitter?

i think the fact that its this one has been glaringly obvious for a long while now. :rofl:

ViridianAsp
10-14-2008, 10:04 AM
Looks like a typical GM asskisser here. Itzel should be reprimanded, warned, sent to the consultation lounge, and then fired.

Why? Because she told us a piece of info, I for one would want to know, instead of being pissed off at seeing temp enhancements instead of permanent with NO explanation? Yeah, right oh dear God, someone execute her for telling us the new way of doing things!!!

C'mon, get over it.

Some Rogue
10-14-2008, 10:07 AM
Why? Because she told us a piece of info, I for one would want to know, instead of being pissed off at seeing temp enhancements instead of permanent with NO explanation? Yeah, right oh dear God, someone execute her for telling us the new way of doing things!!!

C'mon, get over it.

You obviously don't know T&S's posting style or it went completely over your head. HE WAS JOKING.

Martaigne
10-14-2008, 10:17 AM
He forgot the italics.

Amber
10-14-2008, 10:18 AM
Didn't they announce this before EG two years ago? Anyway, I really don't see why you'd be upset at a GM for confirming what the current policy is.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
10-14-2008, 10:56 AM
One would think that GMs sharing information would be a positive. That information might be something to discuss, but certainly not that they are sharing?!

graysun
10-14-2008, 11:56 AM
Unrelated to whether Itzel should have or should not have said what, or to whether temporary stuff is bad or good:

It seems like this may be less of an issue for prime (?) because there is more nice stuff and much less hoarding for fear of droppage. High-end gear doesn't usually sell for silvers in plat.

diethx
10-14-2008, 02:12 PM

C'mon, get over it.

ffs, holy sarchasm.

AestheticDeath
10-14-2008, 05:59 PM
You people are crazy. Sometimes sarcasm isn't that easy to catch. Just because you guys spend too much time on here doesn't mean everyone will know the posting style of every member and get all the jokes.

Tea & Strumpets
10-14-2008, 06:05 PM
I was just kidding (except about Stretch being a GM asskisser which no one has objected to), so don't give me negative reputation points.

AestheticDeath
10-14-2008, 06:10 PM
Heh, did someone do it already? Thats funny. This system sucks. In case anyone didn't hear me say that before.

Stretch
10-14-2008, 06:12 PM
I was just kidding (except about Stretch being a GM asskisser which no one has objected to), so don't give me negative reputation points.

Warn harassment.

On a side note, I think it's amusing that they're offering temp services as a way to reach more of the player base now that the playerbase is 50% of what it was 4 years ago

diethx
10-14-2008, 06:49 PM
Sometimes sarcasm isn't that easy to catch.

Agreed.

However, that was pretty blatantly obvious from where i'm sitting. And i'm not fluent in T&S posting style.

Some Rogue
10-14-2008, 07:33 PM
Agreed.

However, that was pretty blatantly obvious from where i'm sitting. And i'm not fluent in T&S posting style (ie retardese).

Fixed.

Belnia
10-15-2008, 11:23 AM
I dislike the shift from permanent to temporary enhancements.

I'm quite pleased that at least a GM is coming out and telling it to us straight up. That's the kind of communication I expect, and should be encouraged.

Renian
10-15-2008, 01:17 PM
I dislike the shift from permanent to temporary enhancements.

Everybody cool does.

Belnia
10-15-2008, 04:16 PM
Sweet, I'm in the cool kids club!

Rocktar
10-15-2008, 04:38 PM
Warn harassment.

On a side note, I think it's amusing that they're offering temp services as a way to reach more of the player base now that the playerbase is 50% of what it was 4 years ago

I think 50% is overly generous. I think more like 30% or so, but I could be wrong and your milage will vary.

Rocktar on the way to bed.

Athgo
10-15-2008, 04:55 PM
I think 50% is overly generous. I think more like 30% or so, but I could be wrong and your milage will vary.

Rocktar on the way to bed.

The 50% of characters that receive the services probably only make up 30% of the players. MA'ers at merchants ftw!