PDA

View Full Version : Deepening consistentcy

petroglyph
10-12-2008, 12:05 PM
Items recently rejected as being "too deep" for further deepening:

a three pound belt-worn case that holds a very small amount with space for any number of items

a three pound belt-worn case that holds a small amount with space for several items

What the hell, merchants? I expect my very large amount, 1 pound containers to be rejected for deepening, but is enlarging a belt-worn to hold six scrolls instead of five really that unbalancing?

mrjrd222
10-12-2008, 12:25 PM
I'd guess it's because the item is a case(wooden or metallic?), not some kind of fabric?

Kitsun
10-12-2008, 01:32 PM
3lbs should be able to be deepened to like medium/large amount on normal containers. That is odd.

Methais
10-12-2008, 01:35 PM
I'd guess it's because the item is a case(wooden or metallic?), not some kind of fabric?

I heard there's a merchant named Gootse coming sometime this week to enlarge stuff like that. He prefers to be called a stretcher instead of a deepener.

iJin
10-12-2008, 02:06 PM
LOL

Durgrimst
10-12-2008, 04:53 PM
I heard there's a merchant named Gootse coming sometime this week to enlarge stuff like that. He prefers to be called a stretcher instead of a deepener.

win!

Edited to add: Does he charge?

Garnet Doyle
10-12-2008, 05:11 PM
If it makes you feel any better, my belt worn, uh...... I haven't weighed it since I got it, since it looked awesome I just started using it as a gem pouch, but it holds medium and was declined because beltworn containers shouldn't be allowed to go over that.

........and this was as a guy right next to me is waving around his large holding beltworn container, which he said he bought off the shelf somewhere.

Not that i'm bitter about it or anything. After refusing to deepen my gem pouch, they deepened my attuning spidersilk cloak instead. Yeah. One of those things 'too dangerous' to inspect for capacity as you might get a face full of poisonous spiders. I did manage to shove an extra pair of quartz orbs and 3 small statues in it afterwards though, so that was neat.

Kitsun
10-12-2008, 06:15 PM
The lady deepened my belt worn LA satchels. That is just wonky.

TheRoseLady
10-12-2008, 07:06 PM
It's amazing that they are apparently still making a big deal out of "what makes sense". It "doesn't make sense" that a belt should hold more than 4 or 5 items?

Hello? Anyone in there?

When I can conjure up a lightning bolt and force some slow ass driver out of the passing lane, then I'll subscribe to that "it doesn't make sense" line of thought.

Seriously, it's not like the system doesn't already penalize you if you are weighted down, who gives a shit if it's in something on your back or around your waist.

Here's a thought, start charging an additional 10 bucks a month Simu and people can get "extra" benefits that somehow "make sense" now that it's increasing revenue. (in addition to premium)

I admit that I haven't played for a few years and will never return, but it's amusing and still irritating to hear that some things remain the same... 13 years later.

Gelston
10-12-2008, 07:09 PM
When I can conjure up a lightning bolt and force some slow ass driver out of the passing lane, then I'll subscribe to that "it doesn't make sense" line of thought.

You can't do this?

Methais
10-12-2008, 07:11 PM
It's amazing that they are apparently still making a big deal out of "what makes sense". It "doesn't make sense" that a belt should hold more than 4 or 5 items?

Hello? Anyone in there?

Seriously, it's not like the system doesn't already penalize you if you are weighted down, who gives a shit if it's in something on your back or around your waist.

Here's a thought, start charging an additional 10 bucks a month Simu and people can get "extra" benefits that somehow "make sense" now that it's increasing revenue. (in addition to premium)

I admit that I haven't played for a few years and will never return, but it's amusing and still irritating to hear that some things remain the same... 13 years later.

I think a lot of it is the GM behind the merchant just saying "No" for the sake of trying to feel important about themselves.

I have little doubt that at least a good chunk of if not the majority of slave GMs aren't packing a surplus in the self esteem department.

Sean of the Thread
10-12-2008, 07:16 PM
Wow you exceeded your photobucket bandwith.

wow.