PDA

View Full Version : Whoops

Edaarin
01-23-2004, 09:09 AM
So I stayed up all night worrying about how I was going to get this assignment done before my 9 am class, because I had bought the wrong text book and didn't realize it till I sat down to do the work at 1 am last night. I spent awhile freaking out wondering what time the University Bookstore was open, and was gonna wake up at 6 to wait outside till it was.

I was worried about nothing, becase I passed out on my keyboard and slept through the class (was an 8 am). Ha ha.

Drew2
01-23-2004, 09:15 AM
SUcks. Sorry man.

Shalla
01-23-2004, 11:00 AM
There was one time, I've been reprimanded for always being late and so I tried really hard to be on time.. and with discipline.. I have been.

But I slept early one night.. and suddenly woke up.. and saw the time on my clock 7:30. I immediately got up and started panicing.. oh my god! oh my god.. how can it be 7:30 pm already?.. I'm late for 2 hours!.. I looked outside the window.. and it looks like night-time cloudy and a little dark.. and I have this expression on my face as if I just slept for a really long time, and woke up and finding out that everything is changed. I was shrieking how could I have slept the whole day??? I thought to myself.. what excuse will I come up with for my general manager?? I've already used up all the excuses.. and sleeping the whole day and being late for work because I slept in is not a viable excuse.

So I then called my GM. and started crying on the phone.. stuttering.. And she felt bad.. She doesn't know what's going on.. She was equally confused and was not any help at all.. And she was finding a way to calm me down. She then went on to suggest that it's okay.. and she can find someone else to take my shift that day. She was very understanding.. so I was like HUH??? I thought to myself.. wha? how can she be okay with it? after I've been reprimanded so many times, that it has even gotten to a 3rd written warning and on the brink of termination.. I was even more confused and looked outside LITERALLY if pigs were flying.

I asked what the date was.. and I asked the time.. and she said it was 7:30. and there I was gazing around.. confused and panic stricken. I then asked my manager how she can be okay with it.. after my history of tardiness and being late for 2 hours to boot. How can you possibly find someone to work at 7:30 at night? She then said.. Night? It's 7:30 in the morning!

Damn canadian climate. 7:30 am and 7:30 pm looks the same outside during winter. :mad:

And oh. Because of my panic, I forgot to see the AM on my snooze alarm. It was tiny.

Drew2
01-23-2004, 11:07 AM
Haha, i can't count the times when I've fallen asleep when I shouldn't have and taken a while to figure out exactly what time it was and which day. It's fun to laugh at yourself when it's all over.

Shalla
01-23-2004, 11:10 AM
ahaha.. I almost had a heart attack. But boy the alleviation of confusion and frustration felt sooo good after. And yes I laughed my head off. It's a lesson learned for me. :)

Stunseed
01-23-2004, 10:51 PM
I did that constantly while I worked overnights. I ran my body to exhaustion, but often times woke up not even sure what day, week, or month it was. I called panic'd at least twice during the 6 months I worked 9pm-6am.

Skirmisher
01-24-2004, 08:27 AM
Yeah, I always kind of have seen it as an unconcious mental checklist you do when preparing to fall asleep.

Where you are, what time it is, when you have to get up etc...

I know i fell asleep suddenly when I wake up and am totally confused cause i didnt do my presleep prep and am totally confused for a moment till I get my bearings.

Of course I never fall asleep while at the computer.

[Edited on 1-24-2004 by Skirmisher]

Myshel
01-24-2004, 08:37 AM
This is funny because just last week it happened to me. Our cook has been off because of medical reasons last week and I was covering her shift and my shift (Iworked 96 hours last week.. groan>) Totally exhausted I came home in the afternoon and went to sleep, woke up at 7:30, thought it was morning and I was late as our restaurant opens at 5 am. I totally went spaz and jumped into my clothes and called the store to see who was there and got the night shift. They are still making fun of me.