PDA

View Full Version : Piercings

Snapp
01-22-2004, 05:51 PM
Okay.. so I have a few piercings. They keep getting infected and I can't seem to get them to stop. I've heard all kinds of suggestions like pouring whiskey on it, undisease, taking it out and putting it back in, and even dying.

Anyone know a way to stop them from being infected all the time?

Bobmuhthol
01-22-2004, 05:55 PM
You shouldn't be infected in the first place.

Only fucking idiots don't clean their needle.

I've never had to deal with it so I can't verify the truth behind undisease, but that's what I've heard.

Miss X
01-22-2004, 05:55 PM
All I've done is pour whiskey on mine and I've had no trouble at all. Whiskey maybe 3 or 4 times a day and its cool.
Dying doesnt help, I know someone who died 3 times last night because of an infection. It was still there after each death.
Vx

Bobmuhthol
01-22-2004, 05:57 PM
<<Whiskey maybe 3 or 4 times a day and its cool. >>

Hahahaha. I can't believe people were stupid enough to get infected and have to do that.

This is why people need to start trusting me more. I pierced a lot of people, but a lot more decided to get infected instead.

Mint
01-22-2004, 05:58 PM
I pierced my empath four times. I wonder will the piercings close up if they are healed but you are not wearing jewelry in the hole? I really dont want to wear four all the time, just wanted the option of switching the jewelry to different locations.

Miss X
01-22-2004, 05:59 PM
Hmm, I havnt got infected, I've been using the whiskey to prevent infection. I had a friend do mine, she cleaned and cast fire spirit at the needle before hand and shes really well trained in first aid.
Vx

Bobmuhthol
01-22-2004, 05:59 PM
<<I wonder will the piercings close up if they are healed but you are not wearing jewelry in the hole?>>

Yes. You can take them out and replace them with others, but if you leave them out too long it heals.

Bobmuhthol
01-22-2004, 06:02 PM
Oh, if you aren't infected, don't bother trying to keep it uninfected. You won't get an infection if you don't have one already.

Miss X
01-22-2004, 06:06 PM
Oooh, I didnt know that, thanks Bob.
V

Snapp
01-22-2004, 06:07 PM
So is my only option to take it out, let it heal up, and get repierced? I took them out and the disease stopped at least.

Hips
01-22-2004, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by Bobmuhthol
Oh, if you aren't infected, don't bother trying to keep it uninfected. You won't get an infection if you don't have one already.

That isn't true, Michiko's piercing started showing the first signs of infection around 2 AM this morning. The thing that really pisses me off is the fact that I've been pouring whiskey on it 4-5 times a day... I don't see HOW it could have gotten dirty. :flamed:

Bobmuhthol
01-22-2004, 06:10 PM
A razor-sharp needle always helps. I still haven't been infected.

J-Tech
01-22-2004, 06:19 PM
Where can you get piereced? If you can get your eyebrow pierced i'd like to find out how i can get Surgla's done..

-John

Mint
01-22-2004, 06:22 PM
The needles don't seem to work outside ebon's gate. However, I heard the spitfire will offer piercings.

Vesi
01-22-2004, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by J-Tech
Where can you get piereced? If you can get your eyebrow pierced i'd like to find out how i can get Surgla's done..

-John

Type Pierce help and it will show you locations. If you have jewelry from Ebon Gate, then someone with a needle can probably pierce your's. Just hope they brought along extra whiskey. I don't know of any other way to keep the piercing clean.

Vesi

Miss X
01-22-2004, 06:23 PM
You just need a needle and a ring/hoop/spike and someone to do it for you. Eyebrows can be done, I just did one for someone a second ago. There will be piercing stuff for sale at spitfire I think, so you should be able to find something you like there
Vx

J-Tech
01-22-2004, 06:24 PM
Does anyone have jewelry they want to give/sell me so i can get my eyebrow pierced?

-John

Mint
01-22-2004, 06:25 PM
Meet me outside the temple and I will pierce you if it works

J-Tech
01-22-2004, 06:25 PM
Like 5 years ago i thnk it was, maybe a lil sooner, maybe 4 years ago i had a ranger named Tefarin and he had a real pimp ass "pure gold eyebrow ring" but that was when that sort of thing was rare to see...i've been looking for some way to have it look like my eyebrow is pierieced forever...

-John

J-Tech
01-22-2004, 06:27 PM
I cant login right now, gotta head home from work, and no computer at home, plus no phone line (the joys of living in a 3rd world country!!)

-John

Mint
01-22-2004, 06:28 PM
Are you coming or not J-tech? Outside the temple with a fresh needle right now

Bobmuhthol
01-22-2004, 06:29 PM
He'd need jewelry first..

Mint
01-22-2004, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by J-Tech
I cant login right now, gotta head home from work, and no computer at home, plus no phone line (the joys of living in a 3rd world country!!)

-John

Okay, I will be around later if you want to give it a try. I am feeling bloodthirsty.

Mint
01-22-2004, 06:31 PM
He'd need jewelry first..

I have lots of extras.

Bobmuhthol
01-22-2004, 06:31 PM

<--- give.

Weedmage Princess
01-22-2004, 06:33 PM
Yeah I've never gotten infected or anything.

Mint
01-22-2004, 06:37 PM
I really want a volunteer that did not have a ticket to Ebon's. I tried piercing someone a day or so ago and it did not work so I am thinking it has to be a benefit of holding a ticket.

Bobmuhthol
01-22-2004, 06:39 PM
It works. You just screwed something up.

If you get the PIERCE command, you can do it to anybody, and everyone gets the pierce command so...

Also a GM posted a couple days ago that is works for everyone.

Mint
01-22-2004, 06:46 PM
Yeah, I must have messed up because it worked just now. Thanks.

Souzy
01-22-2004, 08:22 PM
How do you know if your infected anyway? :?:

Bobmuhthol
01-22-2004, 08:23 PM
You get messages about the area around your piercing getting nice and diseased.

Souzy
01-22-2004, 08:26 PM
You get messages about the area around your piercing getting nice and diseased.

Ahhh OK, thanks Bob. Guess mines is all good then. :thumbsup:

Catts
03-25-2013, 04:56 AM
So pouring whiskey on an infected wound does't help, and you get like 10 rounds of stun...going to try acantha

You pour your whiskey on the wound around your left eyebrow, and it begins to burn fiercely! You cringe in pain as the liquid seeps into it!

Even though the pain is excruciating, you don't think it's done much good for the wound.

Alright I guess the acantha didn't work lol:

You pour your acantha on the stud.
You weave a thread of essence around the wound in your left eyebrow, but only feel a brief tingling sensation.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.

few moments later...

Your crystal stud suddenly squirts out a mixture of blood and green goop.

Yummy!

Seems like you have to keep pouring. This uses mana I just realized:

You pour your acantha on the stud.
You weave a thread of healing essence around the wound in your left eyebrow, and feel it tingle briefly as the spell scours away any chance of infection.

Then a few longer moments later...

The skin around your crystal stud suddenly swells up into a series of dark red pus-filled bumps.

I don't think it's gonna heal

Rayzinbread
04-06-2013, 06:15 AM
Yeah, just keep pouring with the tincture of acantha for a while.. Eventually will go away