PDA

View Full Version : Maaghara Tower question

Lilabell
10-05-2008, 10:29 AM
I was hunting there for the first time with Lilabell. I was actually doing rather well, and slaying moulis and shrickhen. My defence was at 447, casting from guarded as a sorc.

A moulis snaps two elongated fibers around you!
AS: +360 vs DS: +447 with AvD: +34 + d100 roll: +38 = -15
A clean miss.
>inc 706
You trace an intricate sign that contorts in the air while forcefully invoking Mind Jolt...
Your spell is ready.
You gesture at a moulis.
CS: +354 - TD: +281 + CvA: +25 + d100: +65 == +163
Warding failed!
Its eyes flash with a searing jolt of light!
It is heavily stunned!

The stun dropped, and another moulis ran in, and suddenly I was whipped against the wall and killed right away, but my defence somehow dropped a lot. I did wrack after casting at the moulis, but would that have made my def drop? Or, was it the attack somehow just lowered my defence? Going from 447 to 281 seems a bit much. . . . . I was also still in guarded.

You gesture at a moulis.
CS: +354 - TD: +281 + CvA: +25 + d100: +84 == +182
Warding failed!
A dull grey beam snakes out toward the moulis!
... 79 points of damage!
... 20 points of damage!
Wide segment of skin disappears from chest.
... 4 points of damage!
Various bits of the moulis melt away!
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.
A moulis is able to move again.
A moulis scuttles in and stops, its fibrous hair strands waving frantically to and fro!
>inc 711
You feel at full magical power again.
A moulis spins and whips its fibrous appendages around, flinging several slivers of itself towards you. Multiple slivers strike up and down your hands and legs pinning you to the wall like a bug in a collection!

A moulis snaps two elongated fibers around you!
AS: +350 vs DS: +251 with AvD: +34 + d100 roll: +97 = +230
... and hits for 64 points of damage!
Slash strikes your left eye.
Seems there was a brain there after all.
Your slack-bodied corpse pulls free from the wall.

Spell Elemental Defense II (406) ended. [-10DS, -10ETD]
The bright luminescence fades from around you.
Spell Spirit Barrier (102) ended. [+34PhysAS, -34DS]
The air calms down around you.
Spell Elemental Barrier (430) ended. [-23DS, -23ETD]
The tingling sensation and sense of security leaves you.
Spell Mass Blur (911) ended. [-20Dodging]
You become solid again.
Spell Elemental Targeting (425) ended. [-36AS, -36ECS]
You feel less confident than before.
Spell Cloak of Shadows (712) ended. [-83DS, -25SorcTD]
A dark shadow seems to detach itself from your body, swiftly dissipating into the air.
The white light leaves you.
Spell Lesser Shroud (120) ended. [-20STD, -20DS, -20BoltDS]
The very powerful look leaves you.
Spell Elemental Defense III (414) ended. [-20DS, -15ETD]
The brilliant luminescence fades from around you.
Spell Thurfel's Ward (503) ended. [-20DS]
The glowing specks of energy surrounding you suddenly shoot off in all directions, then quickly fade away.
Spell Spirit Warding I (101) ended. [-10STD, -10BoltDS]
The light blue glow leaves you.
Spell Spirit Defense (103) ended. [-10DS]
The powerful look leaves you.
Spell Spirit Warding II (107) ended. [-25STD, -25BoltDS]
The deep blue glow leaves you.
Spell Strength (509) ended. [-15Str, -15PhysAS]
You feel your extra strength departing.
Spell Elemental Defense I (401) ended. [-5DS, -5ETD]
The silvery luminescence fades from around you.

It seems you have died, my friend. Although you cannot do anything, you are keenly aware of what is going on around you...

You mentally give a sigh of relief as you remember that the Goddess Lorminstra owes you a favor.

...departing in 10 mins...

I then decayed, had moulis babies, died again, and one of the babies reinjected me with eggs. So, I had 13 of the little darlings, and it really was sort of sick. Whoever dreamed that up is sick. SICK!

So, is the pinning to the wall some sort of man. attack that lowered my def that much? I mean, I was still standing and in guarded. I just want to understand for future reference.

Sean of the Thread
10-05-2008, 10:49 AM
It's a maneuver.

Was there a swarm?

Lilabell
10-05-2008, 10:51 AM
It's a maneuver.

Was there a swarm?

No, just what you see. I didn't have anything in left hand, and runestaff in right. I just thought a drop of 166 seemed high.

BriarFox
10-05-2008, 10:52 AM
Meh. You're pinned immobile to a wall. It's like Stone Fist, but without the DS boost from the Fist.

Allereli
10-05-2008, 11:27 AM
I then decayed, had moulis babies, died again, and one of the babies reinjected me with eggs. So, I had 13 of the little darlings, and it really was sort of sick. Whoever dreamed that up is sick. SICK!

The decaying part sucks, sorry, but moulis babies = win, especially 13 of them.

Gan
10-05-2008, 02:25 PM
Whenever you've been injected with moulis babies, have your corpse taken outside of town and let them hatch before you're resurrected. They will not hatch inside the city gates (unfortunately - cause that would be hillarious).

Your cleric, if experienced in the Illistim area, should have known that. He/she owes you a deed.

Elvenlady
10-05-2008, 03:28 PM

It looks like she wasn't actually raised by a cleric, she decayed and then gave birth.

Personally I love the Tower and the whole mouli impregnation scenario. FUN!

AKOE!
10-06-2008, 11:26 AM
Wow, that's horrible.

Morrff
10-07-2008, 04:03 AM
They don't plop out in town anymore? They used to, inside town you would get charged for endangering public safety or something, they just wouldn't and still wont in sanctified rooms(In or out of town).

Sean of the Thread
10-07-2008, 04:20 AM
I'm fairly certain they used to hatch in town. I made babies on the dais a few times. I think.

Morrff
10-07-2008, 05:12 AM
I know they used to, Gan said they did not. Thought they might have changed it so they wouldn't anymore.

Gan
10-07-2008, 08:06 AM
They do not hatch in town anymore. You have to drag the corpse a few rooms outside the gate now in order for them to pop out.